• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Birmingham City v Wolves: The Verdict Thread

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star · 2h2 hours ago

Best thing today was seeing that team-fan bond fully restored after the apathy of last year. It's quite a sight to behold when in full flow.

Well said that man.
It was his boyfriend who destroyed that bond.

after eventually finding a stream, a bit disappointed not seeing Tex playing. Waiting now for next televised match 1st Oct

05c9f735d1e3068dd742ec4e627af705.jpg
[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

I tried to upload it, but Tapatalk is having none of it..

Quirk's just posted a video on FB of the players coming over to the away fans at full time, and Zenga drops to his knees and gives it the whole 'We're not worthy' bow.

What a legend. Starting to fall for him. I had hesitations when he was announced as gaffer, but based on what I've seen so far, he is a quality leader, he's got the players playing to their full potential and he's not afraid to make the big changes when needed.

Compare it to last season when we were chasing a 0-1 and everyone could clearly see that changes needed to be made, and Ken would make 1 substitution in the 89th minute.....

This is it in a nutshell for me. We will lose games but I get the feeling a Walter eleven won't die wondering and in this league that gives us a fighting chance especially away. Don't be surprised if our away recvord exceeds our home for the next few months. Ipswich showed what a lack of ambition and solid team play can achieve and others may do the same.

There's some good footage on the Wolves fancast Twitter of Zenga bowing to the fans.

What a great win. I bloody love Zenga.

Just watched the highlights - two great goals but what is Hause playing at? The contact is minimal and certainly didn't warrant him dropping to his knees holding his face five seconds after the incident. That is simulation. Or cheating.

Just watched the highlights - two great goals but what is Hause playing at? The contact is minimal and certainly didn't warrant him dropping to his knees holding his face five seconds after the incident. That is simulation. Or cheating.

What are you talking about? He doesn't drop to his knees at all? He appeals to the ref after being butted in the face. I thought he dealt with the situation admirably, shows the gulf in class between him and the feral rodent Blues fans are lauding as a hero on their forums.

Lycan - I thought this too at first but if you keep an eye on him when there is a bit of a melee you see him on his knees on the ground, which is a bit embarrassing.

Today's impossible question. Who is Dan describing?

I know. If Dan took out the words we and put in the words wolves I would read his reports in any paper at any time! However I am an increasing admirer of his objectivity. Doherty is a case in point. Well done Dan keep it up.

Absolute minimum of coverage in the Football League Show. Didn't even show Wallace's chance at the end.

And Glenn Murray. What is the point of him being there? Like a badly made Nicolas Cage doll. On the sending off - "He'll have learned a hard lesson from that. Hopefully he'll learn from it". Errrr...... cheers Glenn.

Right well after what was a fantastic day may as well give a full review of the game. Couple of points first of all, the Blues fans were awful with empty seats everywhere and barely any noise made which was completely the opposite of the away end which was full to the brim and bouncing even when we were behind they were right with the team. The sight at the end of the game with all of the players doing the Icelandic clap and Zenga falling to his knees was something i thought i would never see and like Spiers said on twitter there is a real link between the players and fans again. On to the players;

Ikeme - Had no chance with the goal and was not really troubled by anything else Blues threw at him because his handling was very good.

Iorfa - Too far away from Adams for the goal and seemed reluctant to get forward in the first half but then the real Iorfa turned up in the second half and he was fantastic. Would like to see more of that from now.

Batth - Has improved massively already this season and has begun to lead the side a bit better, he's also proved he doesn't just have to hoof the ball forward. Excellent follow up to score the second goal.

Hause - I didn't see the nervy touches, he took one bad one and tried one skill that he shouldn't have but apart from that he was quality. Covers for Batth well with his pace and they have looked more of a partnership the last 2 games.

Doherty - Another good performance. Did well defensively and gets forward well too whether that be cutting inside on his right or now going on the outside more. Unlucky not to score with the header before Batth scored.

Evans - I've been more impressed with his defensive work and again that was good, couple of poor passes but was doing ok before he got injured.

Price - Wasn't his usual self in the first half but was much better after the break and again his set pieces were excellent. I think he was taken off because he had been booked and didn't want to risk him getting sent off.

Coady - Another that was ok in the first half but was fantastic in the second driving us forward. Still has the odd lapse where he thinks he's Steven Gerrard but when he doesn't he's effective as he works hard and is positive.

Mason - So frustrating, he obviously has ability because his goal is top class and he was a threat all game with his movement but too often he lets himself down with this decisions on the ball. Different player second half and shows there is a player in there somewhere but can he be consistent.

Wallace - Best game in a Wolves shirt by far and was fantastic from start to finish. Works hard off the ball and goes forward when he has it always looking to create or score. Deserved a goal but was denied by a great save at the end.

Bodvarsson - What a guy, never lets defenders have it easy, runs channels, drops short, holds it up and can flick it on if need be. Another that deserved to score and did so with a fantastic finish after being set up by Wallace, he is a hero after 5 games.

SUBS

Edwards - Played ok and did what Edwards always does but still doesn't do enough on the ball.

Prince - Tough game to come into when he did and his first pass was awful but he closed down and intercepted well. Not a game to judge him on.

Saville - Not on long enough to do anything really.

I think today has borne out the idea that Jackett was not getting nearly the best out of the old group of players. Edwards and Doherty aside I think the squad is good enough to challenge for top 3 or 4 as it is.

I think today has borne out the idea that Jackett was not getting nearly the best out of the old group of players. Edwards and Doherty aside I think the squad is good enough to challenge for top 3 or 4 as it is.

I think the squad is a little thin to sustain this form over a 46 game season. I agree with Walt, we need to add defenders and forwards.

The squad still needs adding to, we need a couple of defenders and a striker. When everyone is back we have quite a strong squad though now and a manger that looks like he's going to get the best out of them.

I think the squad is a little thin to sustain this form over a 46 game season. I agree with Walt, we need to add defenders and forwards.

Not saying we shouldn't add more, just that I think it's not as crucial as we may have believed.

Back