• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

Awful piece of short-termism from Boris:

Voluntary Service Overseas set to exit 14 countries after aid budget cut | Voluntary sector | The Guardian

21 years ago I went overseas with VSO. Having always wanted to travel and with a vague idea of wanting to 'give something back' it was an ideal opportunity for me. The traditional 'gap yah' is unlikely to be an option to most of us not from money; VSO has dual benefit - helping those in need with sustainable changes and ensuring more of the UK population is aware of how the rest of the world lives. Not to mention the 'soft-power' VSO, the British Council and the World Service give the UK.

For me it led into a career with NGOs and sustainable solutions. Genuinely true to say it changed my life - opportunities like that for the son of a barmaid and a postman are few and far between - the UK will be a much more feeble country as more and more of these 'steps-up' removed.

Erasmus is fucked too.

I wasn't actually on that scheme but the same principle applies, I would never swap my year in Hamburg for anything, that's when I became a man as nipping back home on the train wasn't an option any more (plus I absolutely adore the place). That is now closed off to many many young folk all so some fat cunt has his moment in the sun.

Its the utter fucking stupidity of it which annoys me - ok save money, but look at how you can *make* money too. The good will that is generated by UK overseas assistance can be a massive earner. Its literally the reason why China are spending money all over Africa and South America - its selfish, but enables better trade and markets in the future; win/win for all.

Stratton has already shown herself up to be a duplicitous, disingenuous cunt.

Erasmus is fucked too.

I wasn't actually on that scheme but the same principle applies, I would never swap my year in Hamburg for anything, that's when I became a man as nipping back home on the train wasn't an option any more (plus I absolutely adore the place). That is now closed off to many many young folk all so some fat cunt has his moment in the sun.
My Mrs says the same about her year abroad in Karlsruhe. Its a death knell for MFL as a discipline at University in her opinion. The classroom learning will never match the living there and using it day to day. It'll cripple standards for translation and copywriting.

My Mrs says the same about her year abroad in Karlsruhe. Its a death knell for MFL as a discipline at University in her opinion. The classroom learning will never match the living there and using it day to day. It'll cripple standards for translation and copywriting.
Our old companies head office was in Karlsruhe, went there dozens of times, know it really well and still have a lot of friends there !

Our old companies head office was in Karlsruhe, went there dozens of times, know it really well and still have a lot of friends there !

Shes determined we go there once things are better as I've only been to Cologne and Dussledorf. Probably stay in Stuttgart but zip around Karlsruhe, Baden Baden and anywhere else nearish worth a visit.

Shes determined we go there once things are better as I've only been to Cologne and Dussledorf. Probably stay in Stuttgart but zip around Karlsruhe, Baden Baden and anywhere else nearish worth a visit.
I love Germany for a short visit, the old Baden Baden, Karlsruhe, Heidelberg route was a regular Christmas market tour for me and the better half every year.
Don't let anyone know (you must promise to keep this secret) but the first time I ever drove down from Frankfurt to Karlsruhe I was amazed by how big the town 'Ausfahrt' was, nearly every exit was signposted for it !

Absolutely no doubt about it. There's a very good reason why my German is way stronger than my French now.

Very long article on the Beeb website outlining all the huge fuck ups in the coronavirus response. Lots of quotes with anonymity from senior ministers. Fat Alex comes out of it badly.

Not difficult to speculate where the quotes are coming from. One bit seems to imply they are from a member of a group called the Quad that was in charge while the bunglecunt was ill. So that’s Gove, Hancock, Raab, or Sunak then. So it’s Gove.

Boris portrayed as a man child more concerned with upsetting his party than protecting the country. Really not a good look.

Very long article on the Beeb website outlining all the huge fuck ups in the coronavirus response. Lots of quotes with anonymity from senior ministers. Fat Alex comes out of it badly.

Not difficult to speculate where the quotes are coming from. One bit seems to imply they are from a member of a group called the Quad that was in charge while the bunglecunt was ill. So that’s Gove, Hancock, Raab, or Sunak then. So it’s Gove.

Boris portrayed as a man child more concerned with upsetting his party than protecting the country. Really not a good look.

There is a book that I think has been published by a couple of journalists from the Times about the early stages of the pandemic. Only Gove comes out with any sort of credit so it isn't a surprise that the quotes that LK has may well have been from the same source that the Times journalists were using.

(By contrast, Michael Gove is regularly presented as the voice of sober realism in the face of the pandemic, a gloss which has one wondering if the loquacious minister might perhaps have been a generous source to two journalists working for his former employer at Times Newspapers.)

Last edited:
The next page of the right wing playbook is investing in the military and arms. So we're going to have some new nukes.

They'll be military parades through London before the end of the decade

Can't see this lot lasting beyond the next election. They'll fuck everybody over one too many times and the full force of Brexit will become apparent.

Can't see this lot lasting beyond the next election. They'll fuck everybody over one too many times and the full force of Brexit will become apparent.
This is all true, but the opposition is woeful, thought Labour would surge ahead with Starmer in charge but its had no effect....Tories will get back in by default

This is all true, but the opposition is woeful, thought Labour would surge ahead with Starmer in charge but its had no effect....Tories will get back in by default
I've been underwhelmed by Starmer, I thought he'd be a new broom and be the strong silent type of leader with huge gravitas making Boris look like the bumbling idiot he is. But he's been greyer than Major.

I'd like to see Nandy in post personally, I think she's excellent (if a little too far left for me).

Back