• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

Fucking hell. Could repainted an aircraft and bought the propellers for the Royal Yacht for that.

Afghanistan situation is pretty grim Western nations have two options re-invade resulting in more blood shed and prolonged periods in Central Asia, I think everyone has zero appetite for that. What will happen nothing other than the attempted evacuation of Western nationals, don’t expect many governments to recognise the new regime and that’s it. Afghanistan will return to it’s pretty 2001 state to a point. Unfortunately to provides a haven for terrorist cells.

Difference being they'll now be able to take advantage of all the infrastructure that's been built in the last 20 years, plus a whole armies worth of modern guns and military equipment that was being used by the now defunct Afghan army.

I didn't understand it at the time, and i still don't. But 15 out of 19 9/11 terrorists were Saudi (a very close ally) - including Bin Laden, yet "we" decided to invade Iraq and Afghanistan.

I didn't understand it at the time, and i still don't. But 15 out of 19 9/11 terrorists were Saudi (a very close ally) - including Bin Laden, yet "we" decided to invade Iraq and Afghanistan.
Recommend the Adam Curtis documentary called Bitter Lake mate, it's all about that. It's still on iPlayer.

Last edited:

George Bush Jr had unfinished business on behalf of Daddy and was looking for any excuse to blame Saddam which I believe he did within days of 9/11 to everyone's surprise

Was to do with Afghanistan harbouring Al Queda at the time was also where they suspected Bin Laden was hidden out. Afghanistan then became to the US and Uk like holding a wolf by the ears you don’t like doing it but are equally worried about letting it go.

I read a book earlier in the year about the Vietnam war and can see some similarities here, does make you wonder if there's ever any chance of a successful outcome in these situations?

The author of the Vietnam book reckoned that any intervention there was destined to failure because the Communists simply had a more purposeful cause and there was no way the US could ever rival that because they were merely a refresh on what had gone before. The North Vietnamese had risen up against the ruling French to try and get their independence, US intervention was just more foreign meddling so was never going to quash that crusade for independence and they lacked any credible Vietnamese options for a new government to take over from them when the time came to withdraw.

The used US financial and military might to hold off the quest for independence whilst they had their own men on the ground but as soon as the appetite for that was lost then there was only one outcome ever likely, the North Vietnamese would invade the South and unify the country. To coin a classic football cliché, they simply wanted it more.

I think it sounds like a similar story here, the Taliban are simply more purposeful than the Afghan government which has been left in place, without Western financial and military aid to bridge the gulf then it's destined to go the same way. Obviously though there are going to be terrible repercussions when the inevitable Taliban victory comes but what can the outside world be expected to do? You can't just put foreign troops in there indefinitely, the change needs to come from within some how.

I read a book earlier in the year about the Vietnam war and can see some similarities here, does make you wonder if there's ever any chance of a successful outcome in these situations?

The author of the Vietnam book reckoned that any intervention there was destined to failure because the Communists simply had a more purposeful cause and there was no way the US could ever rival that because they were merely a refresh on what had gone before. The North Vietnamese had risen up against the ruling French to try and get their independence, US intervention was just more foreign meddling so was never going to quash that crusade for independence and they lacked any credible Vietnamese options for a new government to take over from them when the time came to withdraw.

The used US financial and military might to hold off the quest for independence whilst they had their own men on the ground but as soon as the appetite for that was lost then there was only one outcome ever likely, the North Vietnamese would invade the South and unify the country. To coin a classic football cliché, they simply wanted it more.

I think it sounds like a similar story here, the Taliban are simply more purposeful than the Afghan government which has been left in place, without Western financial and military aid to bridge the gulf then it's destined to go the same way. Obviously though there are going to be terrible repercussions when the inevitable Taliban victory comes but what can the outside world be expected to do? You can't just put foreign troops in there indefinitely, the change needs to come from within some how.

Motivation and knowing your terrain and surroundings have huge benefits when in war.
Simple fact is simple American troops in Vietnam had a similar ambition to those American and British forces serving in Afghanistan survive your tour go home safely. Compare that to the Viet Con and Taliban who had clear goals and ambition and motivational cause.
Viet Con like the Taliban learnt engaging in full scale battles was suicide so resorted to gorilla warfare and demoralising hit and run attacks.

Those Afghans seeking refuge in neighbouring countries will have limited options to. Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Iran very much a case of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire leaves only Pakistan and for a small number in the north Uzbekistan.

He is claiming that he spoke to other nations with regards to keeping a military presence in Afghanistan.

Theresa May just asked him what conversations he had and when and he seems to have backtracked quite quickly on his previous statement.

The debate ends at 5pm.

The fat bastard sloped off before midday. Criminally lazy.

Had enough of the kicking he got from both sides. Starmer laid it on with a trowel.

Back