• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

At least the lying scruffy twat got a haircut.
(Re selling homes to pay for social care) - Home ownership seems a dream for many but I guess that's why the banks and sundry other institutions are buying up the stock.
Seen as a bastion of freedom and aspiration in the past and look where that got em ..
Strange days indeed ...
Own nothing and be happy .. yeah

Last edited:
Traditionally in elections, but not including 2019, a majority of voters below the age of 50 vote for Labour whereas an larger majority of the over 50's vote for the Conservatives. It doesn't take much working out to see why the tax increase has been focused on NI rather than Tax rates.

If Johnson had a plan to fix social care in 2019, breaking an election promise on raising taxes doesn't stack up. Yes money is needed today for the NHS but the Covid crisis hasn't changed the social care problem apart from meaning that 100 odd thousand of peoples loved ones won't need the care going forward. This is a tax rise to plug the hole in NHS funding due to the covid crisis and I doubt that in 3 years time the money will be spare to go into social care.

If Johnson had a plan to fix social care in 2019, breaking an election promise on raising taxes doesn't stack up.
Yet from what I can see/have read this hasn't been challenged at all, we know he had no plan (he never does) but, and this should probably be on the Starmer thread, how was this not put to him yesterday. 😡

Yet from what I can see/have read this hasn't been challenged at all, we know he had no plan (he never does) but, and this should probably be on the Starmer thread, how was this not put to him yesterday. 😡
People and the media don't care - if Starmer starts wanging on about it he will just be accused of focusing on the negative, not having a better plan and 'there was a global pandemic don't you know'.

He did mention that the social care crisis was there before covid so why the tax increase but I don't think that he linked it to the 2019 claim. As Tredman states above every response by Johnson yesterday was along the lines of where is your plan? - why didn't you fix it when you were in power?

In the world of Johnson's fairy tales, 2010 to 2019 didn't exist even if he was part of the governing party and at times was in the cabinet. Its another thing he doesn't get challenged on by sections of the media.

Here comes the inflation.

Not included in the governments own measure of inflation, mortgage payments were taken out of the CPI in 2003 just around the time that line really starts to climb, funny that.

Really sad that the youngsters are going to have much worse lives than previous generations.

It is an horrific mess but I'm not so cynical about the youngsters.

We are on the verge of a very diluted economy where only the strong corporations will survive.

I see in the next few years a massive transfer of wealth from the ' middle classes ' and i'm quite happy about that.

The youth will not be afforded the same freedom of movement we had but they'll own nothing and be happy.

Gotta save the planet.

Is there an explanation I am missing regarding Government taxation. One policy allows wealthy people to invest over £20k per annum and avoid CGT and Income Tax on earnings, namely ISAs. I can understand why the Tories keep quiet about therm but surely Labour should be looking to minimise ways of allowing the wealthy to avoid tax. I would imagine wealthy pensioners are avoiding many thousands in tax by having their savings in an ISA wrapper.

It really is morally repugnant to put the cost of letting millionaires keep their houses on the heads of poor young workers.

It just disgusts me how alot of these older folk dismiss the young as snowflakes. The sacrifices the young have made to protect their health will last for decades after they're gone.

The way assets are accumulating to such obscene levels, when you've got actual poverty and deprivation in so many towns and cities is quite appalling IMO. I just can't understand how it doesn't lead to more anger and change. How are Labour not absolutely hammering them, it's bloody depressing.

It just disgusts me how alot of these older folk dismiss the young as snowflakes. The sacrifices the young have made to protect their health will last for decades after they're gone.

Many of the elders are asset rich and potentially cash poor although many would have benefitted from the final salary pensions that so few have a chance of now. Adjust for insane house prices in the South. I don't quite like the snowflake slur any more than the boomer tag. The system encouraged home ownership, no reliance on the state and taxation to put the young through school, university etc. How many Labour Party millionaires are there who perhaps send the children to private school ? I think in the future aspiration will have to be redefined and it won't necessarily encompass home ownership. Heavy increases in income tax/ inheritance tax may be necessary.

Many would have benefitted from a final salary pension? I think most won't have and there are a lot who only have the state pension. Certainly of the 30 or so close friends I have, only 3 or 4 have a final salary pension

Nice to see a minister telling a protester to fuck off on the doorstep of Parliament. Stay classy Conservative Party.

Back