• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

Surely 75% of people have some now and the queues should stop?
Problem is, the more the media amplify the issue the more people who were previously applying common sense/holding their nerve are now cracking they won't be able to get to work/the kids to school and will go out. Can see it getting worse tomorrow before everybody goes back to work/school on Monday.

I've got to do 400 miles Monday and Tuesday, and am currently just in the red. I suspect I'm a bit fucked!

Looking like Boris is going to save Christmas and be the hero, 5000 Lorry driver visas, 5500 poultry worker visas being granted, for EU workers, but only valid until December 24th then they all have to bugger off home and never darken our shores again! ( until the next crisis)

I've got to do 400 miles Monday and Tuesday, and am currently just in the red. I suspect I'm a bit fucked!
Motorway services are the answer, 10p a litre more (and the £3+ to get back off the toll road), just expensive enough to keep the hoarders away and I put just enough in to see me through next week

They won’t get paid that well at all. Probably because hardly any will come
I doubt there are hundreds of lorry drivers and chicken pluckers sitting idle in Europe so I’ll be very surprised to see many uprooting themselves for a shorter stay than a series of Strictly! Presumably Boris has a plan (other than cutting UC by £20) to ensure enough Brits will be waiting to start work straight away in the New Year, or maybe not…

That ministers title is like something out of the thick of it tv show, along the lines of "just give them buses and places on the end of roads, no one else wants those, make them feel important"

Problem is, the more the media amplify the issue the more people who were previously applying common sense/holding their nerve are now cracking they won't be able to get to work/the kids to school and will go out. Can see it getting worse tomorrow before everybody goes back to work/school on Monday.
The fuel crisis is an entirely media stimulated frenzy, it has nothing to do with Brexit or anything else people want to attribute it to

The fuel crisis is an entirely media stimulated frenzy, it has nothing to do with Brexit or anything else people want to attribute it to
The driver shortage does though, and that's what started it.

I understood the issue to be transport difficulties between terminals and petrol stations causing very few petrol stations to close. The rest is media caused panic buying

There isn’t. 100% media driven. Next week the sheep will be stockpiling turkeys as that’s the next thing we’re supposedly going to run short of at Christmas according to the news.

I understood the issue to be transport difficulties between terminals and petrol stations causing very few petrol stations to close. The rest is media caused panic buying
5 petrol stations. At any given time I’m presuming there will be petrol stations in the UK that run out of fuel regardless of staff shortages, Brexit or a pandemic.

That ministers title is like something out of the thick of it tv show, along the lines of "just give them buses and places on the end of roads, no one else wants those, make them feel important"
I Googled her name to make sure it wasn't satire before posting!

The driver shortage does though, and that's what started it.
No that's not the case, yes Brexit has contributed to the driver shortage, that is indisputable but normally we have between 40 and 45 thousand new LGV drivers in the Uk, but in the last 18 months, due to circumstances beyond everyone's control we have only managed about15 thousand (going by memory so please don't quote me), trust me, with fuel, if there was a major supply problem the army would be out.

Back