• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

doubt it. prices are likely to increase owing to the current demand and the scarcity issue t created. This in spite of the fact that prices should actually be coming down.
Prices won’t co e down until normal service is resumed with no queues. Apparently Stafford pretty much back to normal and won’t be long until other places follow. Then I think prices will slowly drop as people can shop around again, whereas at the moment it is a case of if a station has fuel and short queues that will do.

I think the price of crude oil has been shooting up recently although I don't think that's been reflected in pump prices yet. Something else to look forward to.

Haven’t filled up since just before this began as figured it best to do the decent thing, calm down and fill up when needed.

Thing is, am starting to get seriously concerned about this as there’s no sign of improvement Stations round here seem to be stuck in a cycle of no fuel, delivery, massive queues with the fuel getting blitzed in a few hours, no fuel etc etc. The stations are dry bar a manic couple of hours.

Not convinced after this length of time this is panic buying (granted there must be an element of that), but it’s starting to feel as though the supply is actually unable to meet the basic levels of demand and the ‘panic buying’ line is a smokescreen to cover shambolic incompetence.

Hoping that’s not the case of course as we’re up shit creek otherwise, but there aren’t any signs here to give any encouragement whatsoever.

I guess shortly I’ll have no option than to join the madness of perhaps head to a motorway where some of you are suggesting supplies are stable, but wondered if there are signs of improvement amongst you guys?

Haven’t filled up since just before this began as figured it best to do the decent thing, calm down and fill up when needed.

Thing is, am starting to get seriously concerned about this as there’s no sign of improvement Stations round here seem to be stuck in a cycle of no fuel, delivery, massive queues with the fuel getting blitzed in a few hours, no fuel etc etc. The stations are dry bar a manic couple of hours.

Not convinced after this length of time this is panic buying (granted there must be an element of that), but it’s starting to feel as though the supply is actually unable to meet the basic levels of demand and the ‘panic buying’ line is a smokescreen to cover shambolic incompetence.

Hoping that’s not the case of course as we’re up shit creek otherwise, but there aren’t any signs here to give any encouragement whatsoever.

I guess shortly I’ll have no option than to join the madness of perhaps head to a motorway where some of you are suggesting supplies are stable, but wondered if there are signs of improvement amongst you guys?
Seems weird they're deploying the army to make deliveries after saying it was an entirely media created panic. Appears as if things are starting to unravel now, all the hubris of the last 5 years is starting to have a tangible impact.

It seems only to be SE that there's major problems....been almost back to normal round here for 3 days now

Seems weird they're deploying the army to make deliveries after saying it was an entirely media created panic. Appears as if things are starting to unravel now, all the hubris of the last 5 years is starting to have a tangible impact.
If it makes you feel better thinking like that, then good on you, I'm not saying a shortage of drivers is not playing a minor part but this is partially down to the fact that tanker driving is not the mega bucks job it used to be,( they were on £20k+ when I was only on £9k in the late 80's /early 90's,) they're earning just as much working for Tescos or Amazon. I wouldn't have thought the loss of SPA / UKPIA accredited foreign tanker drivers would have had much impact either.
This crisis is mostly a media driven frenzy where demand is grossly outstripping supply, pure and simple, even the petrol retail association is saying as such
" the shortage is being caused by "temporary spikes in customer demand" - or as PRA chairman Brian Madderson put it, "panic buying, pure and simple". "

If it makes you feel better thinking like that, then good on you, I'm not saying a shortage of drivers is not playing a minor part but this is partially down to the fact that tanker driving is not the mega bucks job it used to be,( they were on £20k+ when I was only on £9k in the late 80's /early 90's,) they're earning just as much working for Tescos or Amazon. I wouldn't have thought the loss of SPA / UKPIA accredited foreign tanker drivers would have had much impact either.
This crisis is mostly a media driven frenzy where demand is grossly outstripping supply, pure and simple, even the petrol retail association is saying as such
" the shortage is being caused by "temporary spikes in customer demand" - or as PRA chairman Brian Madderson put it, "panic buying, pure and simple". "
Even Grant Shapps said yesterday Brexit was a factor in the fuel crisis.

Thanks for the updates, it’s helpful to get a different perspective.

Does still seem difficult to accept the problems here after a week are still just due to panic buying. Can’t imagine there are too many people putting themselves through that misery for any other reason than they are desperate for fuel to just go about their normal business.

Does at least sound like things are on the up and hopefully back to normal everywhere soon.

The neighbours either side of me both have primary aged kids. School is a 10 minute walk away and they drive and pick their kids up every single day come rain or shine. They probably have to park 5 mins away as well...tossers

Marr calls out Johnson for lieing with facts and he just denies the ONS figures.

Ouch!

"A petrol station charging close to double the average price for fuel has sold out as shortages continue to cause chaos for motorists.

Cloisters Gulf Petrol station in Sloane Avenue, Chelsea is selling fuel for £2.68 per litre.

Pictures posted on social media showed one customer being charged £164.97 for just over 61 litres of fuel."

Marr calls out Johnson for lieing with facts and he just denies the ONS figures.
To be fair I used to supply figures for imported Nickel commodity prices to the ONS. I had to fill in a questionnaire stated the opening price on the first working day of each month, even though I phoned them and wrote to them explaining that the trade doesn't work like that, the prices change daily, sometimes hourly, they weren't interested they just needed an 'indicator', I still have a wry smile when people use the ONS as irrefutable proof of something.

Ouch!

"A petrol station charging close to double the average price for fuel has sold out as shortages continue to cause chaos for motorists.

Cloisters Gulf Petrol station in Sloane Avenue, Chelsea is selling fuel for £2.68 per litre.

Pictures posted on social media showed one customer being charged £164.97 for just over 61 litres of fuel."

“Does at least sound like things are on the up and hopefully back to normal everywhere soon.”

I think I’ll retract that.

What a car crash of an interview. He came across as a blustering, petulant cunt. Talking over, accusing and lying his way through a clearly animated and frustrated Marr.

To be fair I used to supply figures for imported Nickel commodity prices to the ONS. I had to fill in a questionnaire stated the opening price on the first working day of each month, even though I phoned them and wrote to them explaining that the trade doesn't work like that, the prices change daily, sometimes hourly, they weren't interested they just needed an 'indicator', I still have a wry smile when people use the ONS as irrefutable proof of something.
The ONS listed on their website about the caution of using their figures on wages yet the blithering fat cunt used them and then decided they weren’t to be trusted later.

The man’s a lying fucking arsehole.

The man really is unbelievable. His policy is not to reach for the lever of uncontrolled immigration?

Why doesn't Marr ask him how long has that been the policy and what preparation they've done to train people to replace the lost workforce? Or is this another crisis they didn't forsee due to their rank incompetence and are now trotting out the immigration line because they know it'll play well with the xenophobes that keep them in power.

Back