• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

This may not be the downfall of this government, but they've got bugger all chance of anyone following any extra restrictions this Christmas. This is Barnard Castle ++
Trouble is if people don't, guess who loses out ? The trouble is there's a big difference between a reason not to do something and an excuse not to do something.

His fingerprints are all over the airlift of animals out of Afghanistan putting UK soldiers at risk. Denied it of course, as he's a lying bar steward, but the lobbying of his wife from supporters of the charity involved coincidentally led to a U-Turn at 1.30 one morning. A letter from the PM's Parliamentary Private Secretary is also a bit of a clue as the defence secretary was adamant that it wasn't going to happen.

It's Rees-Mogg talking last night and taking the piss out of the party that definitely didn't happen last year.
Ahh OK, still not a good joke to be making at a time when there is focus on last year's events.

Ahh OK, still not a good joke to be making at a time when there is focus on last year's events.
Agreed.

Ministers have cancelled the defend the indefensible press rounds this morning.

Trouble is if people don't, guess who loses out ? The trouble is there's a big difference between a reason not to do something and an excuse not to do something.
This is the reason competent leaders lead by example. Don't give people an excuse.

Ridiculous as it seems but once Ant and Dec start piling in backbench Tories will start to feel they need to act. Their reach is so much greater as they reach people who don’t watch the news and aren’t particularly engaged in politics.

Do you think it’s likely Starmer will call for him to resign?
I doubt it, the last thing he wants is backbench Tories rallying behind him. In reality Johnson is only going to go if his own party turn in him.

It’s actually difficult for Starmer as Johnson will just lie again but I think there’s enough ammunition now that he ought to get a shot on target. I’d be tempted to call Johnson a liar and refuse to back down if he just stonewalls again.

You can’t call someone a liar in the house. The remark would have to be withdrawn or you are in contempt of the house. The nearest I can remember was “ the minister is being economical with the truth”.

You can’t call someone a liar in the house. The remark would have to be withdrawn or you are in contempt of the house. The nearest I can remember was “ the minister is being economical with the truth”.
What happens when you are in contempt of the house? If Starmer did that it would certainly get more attention on himself and PMQ's.

The opposition parties’ refusal to cooperate with the proposed new committee following the Owen Paterson farce forced a backdown so maybe if Johnson continues to lie just walking out of the Commons en masse would force the Speaker to take action.

Last edited:
Seeing Starmer ejected for calling Johnson a liar on the ten o'clock news would also have "cut through" with the public I'd imagine.

Back