• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

Ffs - it comes to something that I’m nervous about holding Sunderland.

Labour hold Sunderland.

Oh well. The PMs trip to Teeside/Wearside/Tyneside wherever he thought he was, was in vain.

Tory gain in Bushbury North but Labour gain (by 6 votes!!!) in Merry Hill. Everything else in Wolves is as it was.

Tories will be a lot happier than Labour at the results at this stage I reckon, needed a much bigger swing to feel under any electoral pressure. They'll view this very much as a win

Not really, it’s entirely correct. Last local elections labour did well

"Even going back slightly is progress" OK Jeff
The point is these results are being compared with 2018. If you extrapolate local results with now vs last general election - which I guess will be done at some point today it will look very different.

It's true. If you take the view that the last election was about Brexit and as Johnson said the electorate lent him their votes then Labour will win the majority of the red wall back. It's the seats like the ones in the Twitter post which they need to govern. In Derby they still haven't regained the wards from the racists although they are now called Reform

I understand that there is more work to be done in the midlands and the north but based on the vote share of last nights results the party would gain Carlisle, Copeland, Great Grimsby, Hartlepool, Ipswich, Leigh, Lincoln, Peterborough, Stevenage, Thurrock, West Bromwich East, West Bromwich West, Wolverhampton North East, Wolverhampton South West, Worcester and Workington.

Granted these are just locals, but I’m getting to the stage of dispairing about the electorate. I could just about follow the logic of some people voting Tory to keep the scary Corbyn out after his all-to-easy demonisation by the media and all of the terrible things he was going to do to you and the country you love, but with Starmer in place you must be voting Tory because you think they are doing/are best placed to be doing a good job?

The blue-rinsers and rabid right-wing nutters are long lost, but there’s an awful lot of central ground I’m just not understanding here. By what measure anyone with any sort of balanced view whatsoever could possibly consider this bunch of charlatans worthy of a single vote is lost on me.

Granted these are just locals, but I’m getting to the stage of dispairing about the electorate. I could just about follow the logic of some people voting Tory to keep the scary Corbyn out after his all-to-easy demonisation by the media and all of the terrible things he was going to do to you and the country you love, but with Starmer in place you must be voting Tory because you think they are doing/are best placed to be doing a good job?

The blue-rinsers and rabid right-wing nutters are long lost, but there’s an awful lot of central ground I’m just not understanding here. By what measure anyone with any sort of balanced view whatsoever could possibly consider this bunch of charlatans worthy of a single vote is lost on me.
You and me both.

I wonder if it's because voting Tory is a fairly binary choice, you either do or you don't. If you don't vote Tory then you've got a few choices for who you vote for.

Lots of people are just scared of Labour, even without someone as extreme as Corbyn leading. Labour will just give away their hard earned wages to foreigners and the too lazy to work. Never mind that taxes have soared under the Tories, and billions have been given away to cronies, it will always be worse under Labour.

Back