• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 3-3 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Its a strange season all round.

How about Perspective

13 Month Season
2 weeks off
No real pre season
The players are fucked
We have a really young team without the nouse to see games out
Experienced players are knackered after the last 18 months.

We may not make Europe next season but lets get some perspective around the team.

Kilman -23 played very little 1st team Football
RAN - 18
Silva -18
Neto 20
Podence 20
Even the likes of adama is still ony 23, yes he is experienced but like all ypunger players 3 years off his peak he will have games where he will not perform.

My critisism is one thing an one thing only.

The management have known for over a month that we desperately need a Centre Forward, 1 day in or not we should have had a player lined up to sign on day one even if we then go and get someone else later in the window.

I am not worried in the slightest we will finish top 10, next season after a proper close season and pre season we will be back to challenging.

Podence is 25, and Adama turns 25 this month

How about Perspective

13 Month Season
2 weeks off
No real pre season
The players are fucked

We may not make Europe next season but lets get some perspective around the team.

RAN - 18
Silva -18
Neto 20
Podence 20
Even the likes of adama is still ony 23, yes he is experienced but like all ypunger players 3 years off his peak he will have games where he will not perform.

The management have known for over a month that we desperately need a Centre Forward, 1 day in or not we should have had a player lined up to sign on day one even if we then go and get someone else later in the window.

I am not worried in the slightest we will finish top 10, next season after a proper close season and pre season we will be back to challenging.
Pretty sure we all get that too. My wish was someone lined up at the beginning of the transfer window too, but sadly not it seems.

I will put it out there because I don’t really give two fucks

dw langers trips punts Booz kenny jabba keef seem to agree with each other lots . Langers and dw are the couple with the love in. DW seems to have forum immunity. Every cunt loves him 😘
Prawn PQ , me Norman Jinky Johnny 75 seem to be the other group especially after a Johnny lay off! Everyone deserves their opinion. Debate it , that’s fine. However there are times when rudeness, bullying and unnecessary shite gets bandied. I really thought as a pack we were better than that and in 2021 I will try to be
Oi i am pissed off about being forgot about :)

How about Perspective

13 Month Season
2 weeks off
No real pre season
The players are fucked

RAN - 18
Silva -18
Neto 20
Podence 20

There's no doubt in my mind that the day after the Arsenal game, the club were looking......guess it just ain't that easy

So...
Firstly I didn't "pile in", i read through the verdict thread and found a post that was factually incorrect and explained why I believed that was the case.
Secondly to your posts...
Over 10 pages, from page 4 to 14 you made about 20 posts which all contained "attacks" on Joao Moutinho stating that the club must sell him, he is a liability in every single game and has cost us numerous matches. - While I believe that this opinion is wrong I do agree that he has been over played over the last 2 seasons and it is catching up with him so should have been given a rest on a number of occasions. I think that Otasowi has proved himself a capable player and, though young and lacking experience, he has shown that he is ready for some more game time. I would hope that part of his development will be more games ahead of Joao but don't underestimate the contribution that a player of Moutinho's class and experience can provide in the development of youngsters. I expect Joao to take his badges and try to move into coaching in the future when his career is over.
Rui Patricio - You also seem to have a bit of a downer on our keeper too but then suggest that John Ruddy replace him because "he is an England keeper". Ruddy has 1 cap, gained in 2012 as a substitute while Patricio has played 94 times for Portugal and is still their number one.
You stated that he needs to learn to command his box or "go back to Europe". That last bit is a very strange comment to make but as for command of the area, he is the best I've seen since Matt Murray at doing just that but he is possibly unsure or cautious because the defence has changed in front of him and isn't as composed as it has been in previous seasons. I'm not going to go tit for tat with world class saves or howlers that either Ruddy or Rui have made but will just say that Patricio is the #1 for Wolves for a reason and that is that he is the better of the two keepers.
Being a keeper is a lonely occupation because if an outfield player makes a mistake there is a chance for someone else to dig him out of trouble. When a keeper makes a mistake it usually leads to a goal against, see Ruddy in the Championship vs Norwich(?) when he was beaten in stoppage time by an Olivera shot from about 35yds, or the shot that was going wide that he somehow managed to scoop into out net against ? (I remember the mistake but not the team)
Equally Rui has dropped a clanger or two with the 1st minute Spurs goal being one that he will not be happy with although the Giroud one vs Arsenal is just one of those things. A powerful shot from close range that he got plenty on but was unable to keep out because of the position the ball found itself to the side of his body. It happens
Fabio Silva - I completely agree. There is no way he should be sent out on loan at the moment. He was supposed to come here and learn his trade from Jimenez but has found himself thrusted to the front because of the injury Raul suffered. There is currently no other striking option apart from playing with a 5'5 or 5'8 "false nine", a set up that I hate. The lack of striker option must be corrected as quickly as possible with a minimum loan forward in, allowing Fabio to still develop without being discarded.
We are also without 4 or 5 seasoned professionals and so, of course we are going to be a little light on options which is possibly why Nuno has relied on Joao a little too much

One final thing, you will find that people often use humor on here, especially after an aberration of a result that we experienced last night. Lighthearted and often flippant comments are not personal attacks on you or anyone else, don't be so thin skinned, and even Moderators are allowed to laugh at my poor attempts at humor if they find it funny. They are Wolves fans first, and moderate second
All fair enough. But I reiterate that I am not suggesting that Ruddy comes in for Rui. I was just pointing out that mistakes by Rui are forgiven more readily. As for Moutinho - he needs to improve. I fear that his current lack of pace leading to errors on his part is permanent - I hope he proves me wrong. He has been a wonderful servant. & if he stays with Wolves to coach etc - fantastic!

I haven't taken the mickey with you once, but by the by, absolutely.

I haven't said anywhere that Moutinho has been playing well recently - although I did think he was good at Old Trafford in the week. His performances havent been at the level of his first 2 seasons here, but he still has a role to play.

The issue I took and challenged with you, a few pages back now, was your view that he keeps making errors leading to goals/defeats. The only ones I can think of are the penalty this evening, and his dallying on the ball leading to Villas penalty (although Semedo's stupid challenge was more culpable) That's about it. We have players who have made more errors leading to goals than that this season.

He isnt bulletproof from criticism, but neither is he hapless or a mistake waiting to happen
I hope you are right. I do not dislike Moutinho but currently he is below the standard required & needs to stop this ridiculous leg dangling.

I hope you are right. I do not dislike Moutinho but currently he is below the standard required & needs to stop this ridiculous leg dangling.
You see this kind of comment is what leads to many disagreeing with you.. Moutinho's 'leg dangling' isn't a thing, its a bee in your bonnet thats just wrong and you keep banging on about it....he did it last night and had been roundly condemned for it but its certainly not a trait.

On comma yesterday Tim from the athletic said that wolves are working their way through a list of 40 yes fourty poss centre forwards. He was introduced by Mikey Butler as being a man in very much in the know as far as these things are concerned, and felt Costa would be something of a last resort due to his injuries and form recently.

On comma yesterday Tim from the athletic said that wolves are working their way through a list of 40 yes fourty poss centre forwards. He was introduced by Mikey Butler as being a man in very much in the know as far as these things are concerned, and felt Costa would be something of a last resort due to his injuries and form recently.
Do you mean Matchday live and Mikey Burrows?

Poster 1: We should have signed better players.

Poster 2: who?

Poster 1: *names players*

Poster 2: takes the piss out of players as either shite or alternatively, unrealistic.

We’ve been here a thousand times but people still want to have the argument.

Absolutely no surprise others cba to engage when asked to expand.

(I do like Belotti, though)

Poster 2: takes the piss out of players as either shite or alternatively, unrealistic.

I don't think we are a particularly attractive option for someone like that at the moment unfortunately. Without a Mendes link I think he'd be wanting a side higher up the league if he came to England

Unless it's silly money on the table (from whoever, doubt it would be us) then are Torino going to cut their own throats halfway through a season? They're in serious danger of relegation now, sell their best player by a million miles in January then they're condemning themselves to it.

I don't think you'll find many clubs who have ever done that in a similar situation.

So when names like Nelson Oliveira are thrown out there, folk should think "good option"?

On Belotti, cant see anyway we get him in January

It's easy to say we should buy better players, much harder to name suitable ones

So when names like Nelson Oliveira are thrown out there, folk should think "good option"?

On Belotti, cant see anyway we get him in January
No, people shouldn’t have Oliveira on their list in the first place 😂

Poster 1: strops out and plays the victim card unsuccessfully.

Poster 2 and the rest of the forum: Engages with each other who want to debate possible names.

FIFY

Last edited:
Would Ighalo be possible? He doesn't seem to feature for man u at all these days

Back