• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 3-3 Wolves: Verdict Thread

He's only got 6 months left on his contact so I think he'd be a lot cheaper than people think.

I've not seen Rondon play but his style would certainly fit if we go back to 3-4-3.

Costa looked shot to me the last time I saw him.

I have said earlier in this thread that Cutrone would be a better option than many out there as would Mir and I'd recall both of we could.

Jovic is the obvious choice if we could get him but there are others I think we could look at.

Bellotti would be my personal choice of we could afford him.
Not seen Bellotti? Who does he play for?
Scratch that. Torino. Another decent shout.

My bad. That explains that then.

Oliviera might be shit, he’d offer more than Silva by being an adult who can run but still let’s put him to bed now). People would Also say they rather play Silva over Benteke or Tosun (who are both shit backups for other clubs) and they’d be wrong then as well.

But as long as you agree Wolves were wrong to not sign someone in the summer who could contribute (irrespective of hindsight), then we agree. If you don’t, you’re wrong 😀
I genuinely thought the purchase of Fabio was the star signing and that we were signing a talent (I'd never seen him play).

It is of course hindsight and the club have been proved wrong.

I'd rather we rectify it now though, not to would be a huge mistake.

He is literally ready to go in the squad, but i'm sure he must have pissed off Nuno/Fosun in a bad way for him to not already be recalled and in the side.
I did ask but does anyone know the real story behind it?

If I recall correctly, he didn't settle well in England but when he left last January he made comments about Nuno having his favourites and him not being given an opportunity. However, he has said similar about his time at Fiorentina so I think he is just very ill-advised.

Bellotti is the dream, Torino are second from bottom in serie A and he only has 18 months left on his contract so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility if we really wanted him.

vinicius is on a season long loan at Spurs - but they’ve been linked with a few players so they might end his loan if they sign someone else

Pepe from Gremio is a good player and we were linked with him in the summer, but he didn’t want to leave until this window - their season doesn’t end until March though.

King is a decent squad player, could do a job until Raul returns.

id be happy with any of those tbh.

If I recall correctly, he didn't settle well in England but when he left last January he made comments about Nuno having his favourites and him not being given an opportunity. However, he has said similar about his time at Fiorentina so I think he is just very ill-advised.
Thank you. That would piss Nuno off i would imagine. According to what i have read he does not like being critised by players, and equally doesn't like critising them individually.

Bellotti is the dream, Torino are second from bottom in serie A and he only has 18 months left on his contract so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility if we really wanted him.

vinicius is on a season long loan at Spurs - but they’ve been linked with a few players so they might end his loan if they sign someone else

Pepe from Gremio is a good player and we were linked with him in the summer, but he didn’t want to leave until this window - their season doesn’t end until March though.

King is a decent squad player, could do a job until Raul returns.

id be happy with any of those tbh.
Would any of them want to play second fiddle to Raul when he returns though? Particularly Bellotti who looks like a top class player and not a bench warmer.

I sadly think it's a realistic possibility we will recall him, the opportunity is here now to reignite his career and he (strangely) has a lot of love from our fanbase. He's on a long term deal with us and we have nothing to lose - bring him back for 6 months, bang the goals in and sell him for a profit once Raul is back and Silva has had some settling in time.
I would hate Cutrone back. Not got the character I want to see in a Wolves player and there is absolutely no evidence he would "bang in the goals" he's had 1 good half season in his entire career.

He's not very good and doesn't suit how we play anyway.

I’d have Cutrone back now and straight into the team, then use the next week or 2 to find another - King perhaps, but I don’t think he is Raul-esque

Thank you. That would piss Nuno off i would imagine. According to what i have read he does not like being critised by players, and equally doesn't like critising them individually.

He didn't say much in retaliation really: he said Cutrone needed to compete in the right moments when those right moments were given to him, which suggests he just didn't like what he saw.

I would hate Cutrone back. Not got the character I want to see in a Wolves player and there is absolutely no evidence he would "bang in the goals" he's had 1 good half season in his entire career.

He's not very good and doesn't suit how we play anyway.

He didn't suit how we used to play, I'm not so sure now with Neto-Traore-Podence behind him. I'm not saying he's the answer, but January is a tough month to do any serious recruiting and we could do a lot worse. As I said, depends if he's willing to come back and work hard.

He didn't say much in retaliation really: he said Cutrone needed to compete in the right moments when those right moments were given to him, which suggests he just didn't like what he saw.
Yea. And on reflection Nuno was correct, as he missed way more than he scored. I think Theo could do a better job right now than Silva, as he has more bulk and heading ability.

Yea. And on reflection Nuno was correct, as he missed way more than he scored. I think Theo could do a better job right now than Silva, as he has more bulk and heading ability.

I stand by that Cutrone is ill-advised, I don't think he was brought in as a player who could make an immediate impact which is what he (Patrick) seemed to want. He was clearly purchased as a work-in-progress similar to Neto last season, and Silva this.

As most are suggesting, and i agree with, we need a change from Fabio immediately. How Nuno does it is down to is how bad he thinks the situation is from the inside.

Would any of them want to play second fiddle to Raul when he returns though? Particularly Bellotti who looks like a top class player and not a bench warmer.
I think you'd play them both together with Neto and Adama wide.

at the start of the season probably not but with Raul out for the forseeable I'd like to think a decent player would have the self confidence to come in and cement his place, leaving Raul to fight for his place when he's ready

at the start of the season probably not but with Raul out for the forseeable I'd like to think a decent player would have the self confidence to come in and cement his place, leaving Raul to fight for his place when he's ready
I agree with that. Not sure that is what Nuno would want as i'm sure it's almost a given that Raul is the guy here until he crocked or retired for good.
Johnny 75 brings a good point with 2 strikers up top though.

It didn't need to be a back up - jota wasn't a back up, but somebody capable of playing multiple positions, wide or centrally. We had a zero net spend in the summer, and we've left ourselves short, ultimately.
This would have been my preference. Why I would have liked Hwang last January.

Back