• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 3-3 Wolves: Verdict Thread

You buy someone who you think is good enough, and you can convince to come. That shouldn't be an impossible task. Plenty of players want to play in this league, and with Raul out, plenty will fancy their chances.

Nope, Olivera isn't the required standard, he's about the same standard as Wesley.

We had a player who could play but he didn't want to stick around or develop himself in Cutrone. That's a player who technically and physically is far better player than Fabio is now and would be getting games but didn't have the mental ability.

You also don't but a back up you buy a player to compete with Raul. The majority thought Fabio would be that kid but it hasn't turned out that way.

Buying good players to fit in your system is hard, it should've been easier this year due to right schedules and fatigue guaranteeing play time.

Sadly or recruitment want good enough in hindsight but we have an opportunity to put that right.

Buying dreck like Olivera is never the answer.
I’m just putting a name out there. I’m not an international scout or paid millions to make these decisions.

Cutrone wasn’t the guy either. Physically better by default as he wasn’t a child. But he didn’t fit the system.

But signing the player to compete with Raul was considered “impossible” on here so you have to the next best thing like Llorente at Spurs. You don’t just do nothing...

I'll have a go.

I'm not sure about Jovic or Costa though Costa MIGHT work.
Olivera and the former Newcastle player (damned if I can remember his name) are a no from me.
King at Bournemouth? Yeah, maybe but he will probably cost a bit. Pay it

I haven't got a fucking clue, but then I'm not the owner of a multimillion pound business that spends hundreds of thousands of pounds on a professional global scouting network, and part owner of the world's foremost football agency.

Me not being able/arsed to name a bunch of footballers capable of being a genuine first team option as a wide/inside forward, or as a partner to Raul, or if desperate as a lone front man, doesn't mean they don't exist. We managed to sign one for £15m in the championship, after all.

That we didn't sign one to replace the one that left is either a management failure, or a scouting failure.

Or it's the fault of del woppio off the Internet.

Not a single person has said it's his fault
I meant in the context of evaluating him as a player. He's in a role he shouldn't be, that's not his fault and it's unfair to evaluate him in that way.

We are likely to be interested in Jovic, but then again several clubs will be. I've no doubt we've made approaches for others, but these things don't happen overnight.

I doubt we're in for Costa. Just the fact he's a Mendes player and we're looking for a striker.

We are likely to be interested in Jovic, but then again several clubs will be. I've no doubt we've made approaches for others, but these things don't happen overnight.

I doubt we're in for Costa. Just the fact he's a Mendes player and we're looking for a striker.
They'll (the scouting staff) have been looking for a while i would imagine. Costa is hogging the headlines, but like you say only because Uncle Jorge is his manager. Jovic, Origi and King are all in the frame. Maybe they are looking in South America now as it's now easier to bring a fringe player here than from Europe with the new rules. Fringe players = cheaper fee/wages.

It really isn’t. Nelson Oliviera is a shit Raul. There’s probably 100s. I mean palace have Benteke, Ayew and Batshuayi, and they are a midtable team with no money.

Cutrone is a poor mans Billy Sharp. I have idea why we signed him. Doesn’t fit the system.
I'm glad you're not in our scouting team.

Clueless

I'll have a go.

I'm not sure about Jovic or Costa though Costa MIGHT work.
Olivera and the former Newcastle player (damned if I can remember his name) are a no from me.
King at Bournemouth? Yeah, maybe but he will probably cost a bit. Pay it
Rondon i think you mean. From what I saw of him, albeit a couple of years ago, I think he would be a great fit with us.

I’m just putting a name out there. I’m not an international scout or paid millions to make these decisions.

Cutrone wasn’t the guy either. Physically better by default as he wasn’t a child. But he didn’t fit the system.

But signing the player to compete with Raul was considered “impossible” on here so you have to the next best thing like Llorente at Spurs. You don’t just do nothing...
We didn't we signed an 18yr old with the strategy of giving him minutes when possible.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it has proved a flawed strategy.

Signing shit like Olivera would be worse. He's terrible.

You buy someone who you think is good enough, and you can convince to come. That shouldn't be an impossible task. Plenty of players want to play in this league, and with Raul out, plenty will fancy their chances.
Who?

I haven't got a fucking clue, but then I'm not the owner of a multimillion pound business that spends hundreds of thousands of pounds on a professional global scouting network, and part owner of the world's foremost football agency.

Me not being able/arsed to name a bunch of footballers capable of being a genuine first team option as a wide/inside forward, or as a partner to Raul, or if desperate as a lone front man, doesn't mean they don't exist. We managed to sign one for £15m in the championship, after all.

That we didn't sign one to replace the one that left is either a management failure, or a scouting failure.

Or it's the fault of del woppio off the Internet.
Nah, you and your ilk just bellyache about how bad it is and how the club has fucked up.

Moaning for moanings sake.

If you're going to say we should be buying better and it's a failure of the club then at least have some options to discuss otherwise you're just be whining.

Nah, you and your ilk just bellyache about how bad it is and how the club has fucked up.

Moaning for moanings sake.

If you're going to say we should be buying better and it's a failure of the club then at least have some options to discuss otherwise you're just be whining.
Give options so you can shoot them all down as crap and deride people as clueless? No ta.

I think there's been some reasoned and specific discussion this morning, unfortunate you see that as 'moaning'

Also, the discussion isn't on your terms. Maybe names and suggestions would come into it naturally, without you prematurely and belligerently forcing the issue

I'll bow out, clearly Johnny's in a mood and I don't want another thread to descend into the bullshit we saw last night.

Perhaps we should have some rules as to what information/scout reports needs to go into an opinion on squad depth?

Darlo: It wasn't a genuine question though, was it? If anything Johnny's was the 'smart comment'
It was a genuine question and I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth please.

So I'll ask again, who?

Give options so you can shoot them all down as crap and deride people as clueless? No ta.

I think there's been some reasoned and specific discussion this morning, unfortunate you see that as 'moaning'

Also, the discussion isn't on your terms. Maybe names and suggestions would come into it naturally, without you prematurely and belligerently forcing the issue
That's a lot of words to say you aren't prepared to discuss names.

We've discussed Olivera to death on this forum and he is shit.

I put forward a list s season or two ago and they got discussed. One of those was DCL and that got widely derided.

He was just breaking through at Everton and I liked the look of him but others didn't and we discussed it.

So, in short, put up or shut up.

Back