• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 3-3 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Rondon i think you mean. From what I saw of him, albeit a couple of years ago, I think he would be a great fit with us.
Aye Mick, that's the man. As you say it's a few years ago now so has he lost anything during his time in China? Does he still have the heart for the battle? If he does, as you say, he'd be a good fit as a gap filler

I'll bow out, clearly Johnny's in a mood and I don't want another thread to descend into the bullshit we saw last night.

Perhaps we should have some rules as to what information/scout reports needs to go into an opinion on squad depth?
Or have an opinion on players we could sign, otherwise it just looks like you're saying the club is shit.

And then run off.

Costa
Origi
King
Jovic
Pepe (Gremio)
Rondon
Also recall MGW, Cutrone, Mir etc.
Suggestions for discussion. Not my picks.

BTW, Wolves twitter wishing Patrick Cutrone a happy birthday on their feed.... Not sure if that has any significance.

I'll have a go.

the former Newcastle player (damned if I can remember his name)
Mark McGhee ? Always scared me when he smiled you only saw a bottom row of teeth and getting on a bit now

We didn't we signed an 18yr old with the strategy of giving him minutes when possible.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it has proved a flawed strategy.

Signing shit like Olivera would be worse. He's terrible.
It’s not hindsight for the club though is it. They knew how good he was (or should have).

You seem to be agreeing with me though just going a strange way about it.

You’ve also then said (Or insinuated with a like) you’d rather play Oliviera than Silva. Make your mind up!

At the risk of being shot at

Costa is a sensible short to medium term cost effective option. Oliveira is not. Rondon could be. Let us not forget Raul didn't have much of a record when he came here. To me this situation is why Mendes is so involved. It is within his gift to highlight the right players from his client base , if you want a win/win. Giroud was never happening. Origi could happen and he has more strength than Cutrone or Fabio from the few times I have seen him.

So to answer your question Costa , high wages no fee . Origi medium wages , medium fee or Rondon higher wages , smaller fee. As a Mendes client Costa would be a favourite option.

If Oliveira was at the club right this second, I’d still rather start Silva ahead of him.
You mean this Punts?

Have you not read that right? He's saying Silva is a better player than Olivera now.

Ergo, Olivera is shit.

From the names chucked out, King would be my choice. Would depend on fee though, dont think Bournemouth would be letting him go on the cheap

You mean this Punts?

Have you not read that right? He's saying Silva is a better player than Olivera now.

Ergo, Olivera is shit.
My bad. That explains that then.

Oliviera might be shit, he’d offer more than Silva by being an adult who can run but still let’s put him to bed now). People would Also say they rather play Silva over Benteke or Tosun (who are both shit backups for other clubs) and they’d be wrong then as well.

But as long as you agree Wolves were wrong to not sign someone in the summer who could contribute (irrespective of hindsight), then we agree. If you don’t, you’re wrong 😀

At the risk of being shot at

Costa is a sensible short to medium term cost effective option. Oliveira is not. Rondon could be. Let us not forget Raul didn't have much of a record when he came here. To me this situation is why Mendes is so involved. It is within his gift to highlight the right players from his client base , if you want a win/win. Giroud was never happening. Origi could happen and he has more strength than Cutrone or Fabio from the few times I have seen him.

So to answer your question Costa , high wages no fee . Origi medium wages , medium fee or Rondon higher wages , smaller fee. As a Mendes client Costa would be a favourite option.
It's Costa for me too, he's ready made for it. I just don't think he fits Nuno's set up.

It probably means it's his birthday :)

I sadly think it's a realistic possibility we will recall him, the opportunity is here now to reignite his career and he (strangely) has a lot of love from our fanbase. He's on a long term deal with us and we have nothing to lose - bring him back for 6 months, bang the goals in and sell him for a profit once Raul is back and Silva has had some settling in time.

I don’t think Rondon or Olivera would get a work permit now anyway tbh.
I think this is a problem to take heed of now. With Brexit full in effect, bringing foreign players into the fold can prove more troublesome. However, I do not claim to have any knowledge of English players to suggest any name.

With this said. Oliveira would be a terrible, terrible move. Would much rather have Silva continuing to start than Oliveira getting a chance. As Vinicius is not having any chance at Spurs, a half season loan could prove a solution. He's much better than what he shows at Spurs and was essential in Benfica's winning streak last season. He's a bit clumsy but reliable in front of the net.

From the names chucked out, King would be my choice. Would depend on fee though, dont think Bournemouth would be letting him go on the cheap
He's only got 6 months left on his contact so I think he'd be a lot cheaper than people think.

I've not seen Rondon play but his style would certainly fit if we go back to 3-4-3.

Costa looked shot to me the last time I saw him.

I have said earlier in this thread that Cutrone would be a better option than many out there as would Mir and I'd recall both of we could.

Jovic is the obvious choice if we could get him but there are others I think we could look at.

Bellotti would be my personal choice of we could afford him.

I think this is a problem to take heed of now. With Brexit full in effect, bringing foreign players into the fold can prove more troublesome. However, I do not claim to have any knowledge of English players to suggest any name.

With this said. Oliveira would be a terrible, terrible move. Would much rather have Silva continuing to start than Oliveira getting a chance. As Vinicius is not having any chance at Spurs, a half season loan could prove a solution. He's much better than what he shows at Spurs and was essential in Benfica's winning streak last season. He's a bit clumsy but reliable in front of the net.
Vinicius isn't a bad shout actually. But he's not long signed for Spurs?

I sadly think it's a realistic possibility we will recall him, the opportunity is here now to reignite his career and he (strangely) has a lot of love from our fanbase. He's on a long term deal with us and we have nothing to lose - bring him back for 6 months, bang the goals in and sell him for a profit once Raul is back and Silva has had some settling in time.
He is literally ready to go in the squad, but i'm sure he must have pissed off Nuno/Fosun in a bad way for him to not already be recalled and in the side.
I did ask but does anyone know the real story behind it?

Back