• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (A) 29/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why’d the ref stop Neto running through on about 5 mins? Had he actually blown for a foul by Costa as I didn’t hear a whistle

Whatever our player's flaws, we have plenty of expensive players and big names on the pitch and a big name in the dugout too.

Very worrying and it's not over yet

Embarrassing, shameful and disgusting performance and attitude. Hopefully that's put some of the 'we only need a couple of signings and we'll be challenging for Europe' bollocks firmly back in the lol box where it belongs

Hopefully I haven't come off thinking that I'm fine with us turning in a performance like that.

De Zerbi has crushed us tactically in a way that shouldn't happen at this level.
We've approached it all wrong. De Zerbi sets his teams up differently to anyone else in football, Lopetegui has changed our team in an attempt to counteract it but has played into all their strengths and all our weaknesses.

Collins, Gomes and Hwang coming on.

Dawson???? Costa and J.Gomes off.

One of the worst performances i’ve ever seen from Wolves in 45 minutes. Got a good look at the goals though from the second row tight behind the goal.

The formation from the start was asking for trouble. Semedo has been so high it’s left us wide open down that side and Lemina dropping in there has opened up the midfield. All 4 goals have come down that side. Players are not even second to every ball either, just a bad day all round.

No idea how a manager of this calibre gets things either so right or so wrong, there doesn’t seem to be a middle ground. Players levels nowhere near what’s needed but manager has to take a lot of the blame too.

Joao off? Really???! Literally the only midfielder who didn't embarrass himself

Hwang will surely help with our habit of giving the ball away

Please put Neto on the left they're not stupid, they know he's always going to cut in

Kilman's braindead on the 2nd, you don't follow a player running away from goal when you know there's another right next to you
Don’t agree. You can’t just leave him. You hope your LB is round to help (or someone). Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. The issue is being outnumbered in the first place.

Well, that was a bit shit.
Hearing commentary like 'not up to speed' and 'a yard short of where he needed to be', 'the ball trickled (TRICKLED??) through the box without a Wolves defender touching it, and 'there are Wolves players, as Brighton break at sped, just WALKING back!'
For the 1st time time it does seem you could pull 5 shit performers off and let the game run, but how have we got to this after some really good performers.
Do you honestly think we'll get any sort of decent money if we put some of these plums up for sale?

We’re an away shambles this season frankly think we’ve only got 9 points which is awful and won’t improve by the end of the season.

So how many CBs do we want this summer? I'm thinking 6 or 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back