• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (A) 29/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t agree. You can’t just leave him. You hope your LB is round to help (or someone). Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. The issue is being outnumbered in the first place.
We got caught short because Semedo has bombed on because we have the ball, Nunes loses it and that leaves us totally exposed, Dawson goes over and leaves Kilman with 2, none of it happens without Nunes being so sloppy, Kilman and Dawson were a victim of circumstance.

5-0.

Could this end up 7 or 8?

Oh fucking hell Nathan

Assuming it’s Dawson and Costa just to rest them.

Embarrassment territory now.

We need to try and win this half just out of professional pride.

Just be thankful we’ve got 37 points already this will be demoralising to the core.

Don’t agree. You can’t just leave him. You hope your LB is round to help (or someone). Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. The issue is being outnumbered in the first place.
The way I'm seeing it in my head the guy going away from goal is essentially the keeper's responsibility at that point - you narrow the angle and guard the near post, Kilman picks up the other runner to stop the cross/cutback. Hopefully Dawson falls in to pressure the man with the ball.

£20M for Nathan Collins is up there with the worst money we've ever spent

I’m all for appreciating a lot of improvement under Lop, but also am surprised about some of the selections and formations - a few more gaffes than I would have expected from a manager of his standing.
It's tough because even accepting that Lop has gotten this badly wrong on just about every level, we've still conspired to hand them two of these with some truly sackable defending.

When we're a mess, we're a fucking mess.

We desperately need an actual leader on the pitch.

Villa (H)
Man Utd (A)
Everton (H)
Arsenal (A)

4 points at best from that lot, assuming we don't lose any of the home games. Which will be fine. Buy lose to Villa and Man Utd then there will be a little bit of pressure to get something against Everton.

£20M for Nathan Collins is up there with the worst money we've ever spent
He looked fine his first few games, but he couldn't play alongside Kilman. Has he even been given a go with Dawson?

I wouldn't be writing him off yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back