• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (A) 29/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
As Nuno would say, tough, very tough.

I don't think it's in Lopetegui's nature to take his foot off the gas - he's still insisting we're not safe when we obviously are - and a number of the players still have work to do to convince him that they're worthy of a long term future here. But they're simply a better team than us at the moment, full of the kind of players who tend to give us problems.

A point would be a fantastic result let alone a win, but I won't be holding my breath. Our best hope is that they're mentally a bit shattered by losing the FA Cup semi-final when they were comfortably the better team.

I'd have Sarabia back in for Hwang who was back to being a black hole of possession last night. BT Sport were talking bubbles, neither Toti nor Joao Gomes are banned. Could do with Nunes producing a bit more after back-to-back quiet games (plenty of effort last night but he didn't contribute much on the ball).

2022/23: L 2-3 (H)
2021/22: L 0-3 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2020/21: W 2-1 (H), D 3-3 (A)
2019/20: D 0-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2018/19: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2016/17: L 0-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2015/16: D 0-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2014/15: D 1-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2012/13: D 3-3 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2005/6: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2004/5: D 1-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2002/3: D 1-1 (H), L 1-4 (A)

21/22

Helped massively by OG's and 3 players being multiple scorers.

As for the side, I'd also stick in Sarabia for Hwang and rotate the central midfielders again by including Gomes for Lemina.

This is the kind of game I could see is potentially pinching something from as Brighton will come out to play and that normally suits us, but they are a ridiculously good team.

................................Sa
Semedo.....Dawson....Kilman.....Bueno Nunes.......Neves.............Gomes....Neto
.............................Cunha
..............................Costa

Erm, I know my typing can be questionable often but my screen is showing 4-4-1-1

Nunes back onto the right wing. He kind of lost his way on the left last night as most of our attacks went down the right with Semedo overlapping.

.............................. Sa

Semedo... Dawson... Kilman... Bueno

Nunes...... Lemina.... Neves.... Sarabia

...................Cunha...... Costa

Sa
Semedo-Dawson-Kilman-Toti
Nunes-Neves-Lemina-Neto
Cunha-Costa

Bentley, Collins, Bueno, Gomes, Bouba, Sarabia, Podence, Adama, Raul

Hwang and Semedo didn't link well either, seemed to be on an entirely different wavelength in the second half.

Nunes back onto the right wing. He kind of lost his way on the left last night as most of our attacks went down the right with Semedo overlapping.

.............................. Sa

Semedo... Dawson... Kilman... Bueno

Nunes...... Lemina.... Neves.... Sarabia

...................Cunha...... Costa
Yeah I'm not sure why we changed that. Hwang was pap regardless but he could have been pap on the left, he's played there plenty before.

David Coote on the whistle with Tony Harrington on the joystick

Only changes I’d consider are Gomes for Lemina and Sarabia for Hwang. Definitely stick with Bueno over Toti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back