• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (H) 5/11: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hwang you're embarassing yourself

Reactions: jlo
Cheers Semedo, BHA have targeted him as a weak link,

We are such a shambles. Can't see us getting out of this without conceding a couple more here.

We've played some alright stuff going forwards (playing through the middle for once) but we're now just so badly coached defensively that it's so easy to play through us the other way.

Semedo was awful, cost us a goal and a stupid red card. Been a big defender/fan of his but he's been awful recently.

Reactions: b3h
Going to have to sit behind the ball now and hope for a wonder run from Hwang/Pod/Guedes I guess. Brighton can clearly score when you do sit back though

Overall it's been quite positive bar Semedo putting in the sort of performance Greg Halford would be embarrassed by.

Think the best course of action is to go 432, Hwang and Podence off for Jonny and Adama. Get Adama picking it up deep and doing his road runner impression to relieve the pressure.

Reactions: b3h
Podence & Hwang for Jonny & Adama for me

Need someone who can hold the ball better than Podence

Bringing Jonny on seems the only option, and he’s been worse than abysmal with a horrible attitude himself recently.

I’d be getting Adama on for his pace on the break, as that’s all we’ll be offering in the second half.

Don’t have a hope in hell of keeping them to two goals though.

I think it's safe to say that unless Lopetegui can perform miracles with Jonny or Semedo, that the RB/RWB position needs urgent attention in January. Semedo has been nothing short of shocking all game and getting all tangled up from a hoof upfield was criminal. We now need show some nous and bottle (in equal measure) to keep a hold of a what might be a precious point. Doubt we'll be able to though.

Jonny will come on, probably for Hwang?

Give it 15 then get Adama on for one of the other two forwards I guess. Be interesting to see how they try to tweak the system. Take a midfielder out and could leave us even more open.

Having a midfield 3 negated by full backs being too high up for a team who cant keep the ball, space constantly available in behind them and centre halves unsure whether to go or stay

Such an awful, cowardly attempt by Semedo. Got completely caught out, pretty sure the BHA player was offside anyway, and then rugby tackled him to the ground rather than attempt a proper challenge.

Semedo out-Jonnying Jonny.

We were so close to holding on till HT. Reset with don't concede again and we do something even worse.

The game is gone now, it's going to be a siege until Brighton work an opportunity that they make count. The best we can hope for is we defend brilliantly (I know, I know) and they get more and more desperate and hang on for a draw. If they score early on we fold and it can end up getting embarrassing.

They checked for offside, he wasn't

Having said that, not seen a replay so entirely possible he wasn't off because Semedo was out of position

If JL has been promised money to spend it wouldn't go amiss to try and clear some of the dead wood out of the squad at the same time, unfortunately seems like both RBs would currently qualify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back