• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

From Nuno's interview he reckons we played well. Must have meant between 88 and 90 mins there. Maybe it's a good job fans can't be there live. Imagine coming home from that!

Imagine you have to play Spurs and Manure next.... Play like that and we might be on for a big hike in the goals against column!

We won’t play as badly against Spurs or Man Utd. We’ll probably win at least one of those games but it’s the inconsistency that is so frustrating at the moment.

We won’t play as badly against Spurs or Man Utd. We’ll probably win at least one of those games but it’s the inconsistency that is so frustrating at the moment.
You'll be frustrated with that all season long we are a mid table team doing mid table things

He really actively seeks to talk about the ref. I did notice Mason say 'oi!' at a player during the game so maybe he just meant how he handles and speaks with the players?

It's a deflection thing I think, but not a very good one!

Blimey, Nuno really gone for Lee Mason.

Far from worst referee performance we've seen this season
That's worrying to me as it's very un Nuno and two weeks after Mike Riley ineptly ref'd the Villa game and he didn't say anything. I worry he's lost at the moment, referee deflection when it isn't warranted is manager feeling the pressure 101

Wow, Nuno’s really gone for it.

he’s right that mason is a terrible referee - but if he’s going to call out shit refs, he’s not going to have much time to do much of anything else, most of them are awful.

Refs must be conscious that if they make mistakes against some teams they will have those mistakes highlighted and accordingly err on the side of caution when refereeing those teams. Ferguson at Old Trafford is the prime example, but it applies elsewhere. If Nuno has learnt that silence when you've been shafted by a ref gets you nowhere I welcome it, even though I didn't think Mason was particularly bad, and certainly cannot be blamed for Neves, Kilman and Pod playing so badly.

Nope, maybe frustrations on his own failings bubbling over.

Personally I think Nuno is hating this season and like a lot of people struggling with the life situation.
I said something similar a couple of weeks ago. It worries me

Painful to watch, wrong from start to finish. The only thing Nuno got right was his criticism of Mason.

A week ago we were crapping ourselves as we had Chelsea.

As shit as we were tonight never underestimate this teams ability to bounce back
Agreed, but out of the 3 games this one just gone was where you should as an aspiring team want to get three points. I get it. Burnley are a shithouse hoofing championship style team, but we just made them look like Real Madrid tonight. Someone made the point that Nuno is covering his arse with the ref thing. It's a good point. This game (premier league football) doesn't give you any hiding place.

Lee Mason not the reason we lost and that’s really poor from Nuno, Masons diabolical but not the reason we lost. It comes across as frustration and a point of deflection. Fans won’t fall for it I’m afraid.
If fans were aloud in at the moment you’d start to hear the early stages of discontent amongst the impatient few.
I’m really annoyed because after Tuesday I thought we’d keep things similar and build on that positive this just puts us back to square one.

Nope, maybe frustrations on his own failings bubbling over.

Personally I think Nuno is hating this season and like a lot of people struggling with the life situation.
It's a good point this. I get it totally. Life is really shit at the minute for lots of folk. Nuno probably hasn't seen his family for a good while, and possibly needs a break, but won't be able to. I'm sure he was gutted when the fans thing was dangled in front of him, then snatched away.

Difficult to know what to say about that. Burnley could've scored 4 pretty comfortably, and other than a few hail maries from outside the box, Pope didn't have much to do.

We're fucking BORING. Not even in the 'boring specifically to get results' kind of way that you can expect with certain squads, but just in a clueless offensively way. You can't really level at us that it's philosophical, we've frequently got plenty of attacking talent on the pitch.

It doesn't look like revolution to me, I'll be honest. It just looks like confused messaging and like we're lurching from shape to shape - but won't even stick to one after a win. Tbh I think he's a bit stuck in his own head.

Playing players out of position and tinkering with formations every game. For me, these are traditional "early warning" signs that a manager is getting desperate

Back