• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burton Albion (H) build up 10/9

Probably a myth but I reckon virtually every time in the past we've had a re-emergence of lost fans and a sell out crowd we've gone on to fuck it up.

Beat Derby and Leeds at home at the back end of 2014/15, big crowds.

Man Utd at home....Chelsea at home...

It's just one of those Football things - File alongside ex-Players will always score against you (something that happens but not every time)

For me, I find when Wolves fans are over confident we then lose. No stats to back that up or anything, just how my brain works

It's just one of those Football things - File alongside ex-Players will always score against you (something that happens but not every time)

"We always break a team's long winless streak". Er, no we don't.

We always lose on TV...

Thanks, I always suspected it was the type of mythology that goes along with a glass half empty fan.

"manager of the month is a curse"

that one still perpetuates without even a shred of statistical back up

" we're always shit after the International break"

Actually, that one has been true in recent times unless someone can disprove it with actual stats.....

"manager of the month is a curse"

that one still perpetuates without even a shred of statistical back up

There sort of is back up to it, it's regression to the mean. As you only tend to win Manager of the Month for OVERperforming, eventually you'll stop doing that. Mourinho doesn't have many Manager of the Month awards despite winning the league three times as he's always been expected to be at the top anyway, ditto Ken didn't win many in L1 with us.

It isn't a fucking curse though.

Missing an open goal for Scotland means you will never score again.

Wasn't Trevor Francis on a terrible run of losses while Manager of Birmingham?, a record was about to be set until they came to Molineux or am I just talking bollocks?

Wasn't Trevor Francis on a terrible run of losses while Manager of Birmingham?, a record was about to be set until they came to Molineux or am I just talking bollocks?

Three wins at Molineux when Blues manager:

Nov 1996: Form WDLDLW
Feb 1998: Form WLDWWL
Dec 2000: DLWWWL

It's not that we *never* lose to teams who haven't won for months, it's just massively overblown. People remember the one or two times it happens and blank out the dozens of teams we beat a shit team with no trouble at all.

Portsmouth were a point free zone when they turned up at Molineux and won. However, there are plenty of cases where teams in bad form have been put to the sword (or at least beaten) to balance that.

Portsmouth were a point free zone when they turned up at Molineux and won. However, there are plenty of cases where teams in bad form have been put to the sword (or at least beaten) to balance that.

Ugh, I was at that game. Their players hadn't been paid in 2 months or something and we were expected to muller them.
We were utter shite that day.

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 50s50 seconds ago
�� Sir Jack Hayward Stand sold out for tomorrow. Less than 150 remaining in Stan Cullis and not all in pairs so book ASAP if required!

THEN FUCKING OPEN THE REST OF THE FUCKING NORTH BANK......jesus.

Im in the John Ireland Tomorrow and its horrible underneath when thats more than 3/4 full.

I think that was the one, all I heard at work following the game was, 'see, I told you so'.

Anyone in the Western tomorrow about half twelve time I met a few off here

Ugh, I was at that game. Their players hadn't been paid in 2 months or something and we were expected to muller them.
We were utter shite that day.

O'Hara looked a class above anything else in midfield. We were horrific, Halford with a masterclass of gutless shitehawkery as I remember.

I tell you something I do have a problem with, us conceding inexplicable goals to incomprehensible players. There's no way I should have seen both Danny Dichio AND James Scowcroft score 30 yard volleys at Molineux, they could both try that a million times again and never score. Danny Butterfield scoring over 20% of his career goals in one bloody game against us. Steve Kabba scoring his only Watford goal against us. Claus Lundekvam had gone something like eight years without a goal and popped one in against us. Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if my mate Raj didn't score again all season after netting the other week.

Back