• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burton Albion (H) build up 10/9

Lycan

Jeff Shi's Bitch
Reaction score
Our season starts now!

It's so hard to predict what our starting line up will be like. We've got a massive squad now and we're still unsure on the fitness of one or two, hopefully the break will give us the time to bed everyone in and start playing some exciting football!

Useless trying to predict what Zenga will do until we get a better grasp of him & his new squad so this is what I would do

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Stearman Doherty

Saïss Price

Wallace Teixeira Cavaleiro

Bodvarsson​

SUBS: Lonergan, Hause, Borthwick-Jackson, Oniangue, Dicko, Helder Costa

Lots of decent players missing out there. Was tempted to put Sa Pereira on the bench instead of Hause but we've had no word on him yet.

Could see a decent crowd for this one after that transfer window, a lot of optimism around the place now. Think it could be a while till we see a full house (and I can't see Burton taking more than 1.5K) but it could be pushing 24K overall IMO.

Where's the use of Sa Pereira come from?

His footballing name is just Silvio.

I'm coming to this one with both my kids - really looking forward to it. I hope we see some of the new signings start. A nice break to help them settle in should help!

It'll be my daughter's North Bank debut (and Great Western too, which is equally as important....)

Borthwick-Jackson has to come into the team for Doc. The rest I'm waiting to see how they gel, I guarantee nobody guesses the right starting XI

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I would like to see:

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Stearman Borthwick-Jackson

Saiss Price

Teixiera Oniangue Cavaleiro

Bodvarsson​

Subs: Lonergan, Doherty, Hause, Coady, Wallace, Costa, Dicko

Go get 'em, Wolves.

I think Doherty will play. Possibly ahead of Iorfa

Midfield - Dunno
Forward Line - Dunno
Subs - Lonny & Dunno
Sat in Corporate eating Prawn Rolls - Dunno

------------------Ikeme

-Iorfa-----Batth------Stearman-----Borthwick-Jackson

-------------------Saiss

----------Texeira-----------------Oniangue

--Mason-------------BOD-----------------Cavaleiro

Hoping to get to this one if finances allow.

Why are people lining up 4231 when Zenga has started every league game 4141/433?

.......................Ikeme
Doherty......Iorfa........Batth............CBJ
........................Saiss
............Coady.............Teixeira
..Costa...............JDB.............Cavaleiro

Lonergan, Stearman, Silvio, Oniangue, Wallace/John, Mason, Dicko/Gladon

Yeah, we'll go 4-3-3 (with Saiss sitting deepest, where Evans was playing).

I reckon Silvio and Dicko will play for the U23s at West Ham next Friday which would rule them out.

---------------------------Ikeme-------------------------

Iorfa-------------Batth----------Stearman------Borthwick-Jackson

--------------------------Saiss----------------------------

-----------------Oniangue------Teixeira-------------------

--------Cavaleiro-------Bodvarsson-----Helder-------------

Subs: Lonergan, Doherty, Hause, Coady/Price, Wallace, Mason, Gladon.

Why are people lining up 4231 when Zenga has started every league game 4141/433?

Billie+Piper+Because+We+Want+To+137949.jpg

The lottery we now have for team selection! As has been said, triple points for anyone who gets it on-the-nail. So, here's my hunch... and it is on the basis that the very recent new signings will not be put straight into the team - that seems to be the way Uncle Walt has generally played it, with one exception IIRC...?

Ikeme

Doherty --- Iorfa --- Batth --- Borthwick-Jackson

Oniangue --- Price --- Teixeira

Wallace --- Bodvarsson --- Helder Costa

SUBS: Lonergan, Hause, Stearman, Saiss, Ola John, Cavaleiro, Gladon

... and yes, a new first choice goalkeeper in January is a certainty... and will Iorfa eventually replace Doherty in that line-up, making space for Stearman in the middle?

Yeah, we'll go 4-3-3 (with Saiss sitting deepest, where Evans was playing).

I reckon Silvio and Dicko will play for the U23s at West Ham next Friday which would rule them out.

---------------------------Ikeme-------------------------

Iorfa-------------Batth----------Stearman------Borthwick-Jackson

--------------------------Saiss----------------------------

-----------------Oniangue------Teixeira-------------------

--------Cavaleiro-------Bodvarsson-----Helder-------------

Subs: Lonergan, Doherty, Hause, Coady/Price, Wallace, Mason, Gladon.

Looks a nice lineup.

I literally said in the OP that it was hard to predict Zenga's formation so just went with what I would do. 4-2-3-1 just happens to be my preferred formation.

For those advocating Iorfa/Batth in the middle again.... No. Just no.

I would like to see:

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Stearman Borthwick-Jackson

Saiss Price

Teixiera Oniangue Cavaleiro

Bodvarsson​

Subs: Lonergan, Doherty, Hause, Coady, Wallace, Costa, Dicko

Go get 'em, Wolves.

That selection has a nice balanced look about it.

Bear has watched them in one game and made up his mind, surely that is good enough for everyone to just agree irrespective of whether they've seen them play well together in multiple other games and abandon the idea forever.

Probably for the same reason you are advocating playing Doherty at RB when he hasn't played there. We just don't know what he'll play. I would agree with you it'll probably be 4-3-3 but I've no idea what 4-1-4-1 is as it's usually known as 4-5-1 which is essentially 4-3-3 with your wide forwards not pushed onto the opposing full backs.

Back