• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[Carabao Cup 2nd Round] Wolves 5-0 Blackpool: Verdict Thread

Wolves are exploring a move for Club Libertad's 18-year-old Paraguayan forward, Enso Gonzalez. (Football Insider)

my point exactly! is there no strikers at wolves? how can this guy possibly get a chance ahead of the u21 strikers(u23 or whatever its called)

Good professional performance against a side that were never going to trouble us really. Gave the ball away early on a couple of times that could of cost us but apart from the shot against the post we weren’t troubled. We played 343 for the majority of the game with Fabio on the left but he did drift inside sometimes to make it a 2 with Sarabia floating around.

Bentley - One moment of madness where he nearly got caught and gave it to them 25 yards out. Apart from only teated by a free kick that he superbly tipped on to the bar.

Doc - Played centre back at first and then switched with Jonny. Same old Doc really, he can still finish.

Kilman - Solid enough, his passing out from the back is so poor though and still noticeable tonight. Too safe or just shit clips in to no one.

Toti - Very sloppy especially in the first half. Got caught a few times and lost his bearings on more than one occasion. That’s as bad as i’ve ever seen him.

Jonny - Tried really hard and linked up well a few times. Shame you can still tell he lost something with his ACL injuries.

RAN - Not a lot to do really, got involved down the left a bit and looked comfortable in possession. A really easy night.

Traore - Very sloppy start but did improve. Far deeper than he would play in the Premier League though. Much needed game time.

Hodge - Did ok, shame he’s done his hammy. Looked serious and gonna miss a couple of months i would imagine. Needs a loan when he’s back.

Sarabia - Class apart most of the night really while still doing some things that frustrate when you see how much ability he’s got. The real leader of the squad again at the end and seems a good lad to have around the place. Still running at the end of the game too, captains performance.

Sasa - I enjoy watching him play, good target man that will score goals because while he’s good technically he seems to have this knack of scoring scruffy goals which come in handy.

Fabio - Much better control of the ball from the start tonight but a couple of lazy passes. From then on though he was far too good for them. Glad he got his goal and could tell he needed it. Could have coasted the last 10 but like Sarabia was still at it right to the end. Needs to be selfish in-front of goal, it’s a habit to hit the net.

Subs

Griffiths - Think he was trying far too hard. Loads of sloppy errors and fell over a couple of times. Looked nervous.

Bueno - Didn’t really do or need to do much.

Fraser - Did well and linked up with Fabio and Sarabia. Slightly lucky with his goal and probably should have scored again. Needs a loan now to play against some decent centre backs.

Pond - Did ok with what he had to, another that probably needs a loan at some point but has potential.

Good to see players get much needed game time and those that need to score do so. On to Palace and a good result hopefully on Sunday.

i can only assume he has done something to piss some of u guys
Hodge is fucking shit. The end.
off. He def has a lot of potential.Seems brave and clever.things he trys may not come off,but thats how talent progress,experience and encouragement.

i can only assume he has done something to piss some of u guys

off. He def has a lot of potential.Seems brave and clever.things he trys may not come off,but thats how talent progress,experience and encouragement.
We don’t do things half way innit

What channel was it on? I couldn't find it on my IPTV.
No idea as it wasn't listed as showing anywhere. Perfect stream but with a radio commentary over the top and it probably will have been on yours somewhere. Weird

Oh Noe’s! Those nasty internet peeps have said he isn’t good enough.

5 of the scruffiest goals against poor but enterprising opposition you will ever see, but a moral boosting win nevertheless.

Fabio was very good after a sloppy start. Sasa decent in spells.

Thought Traore was dreadful, Hodge is now injured for a bit and Nunes off, so a real position of need.

Doc did Doc things
Seeing a different game to me Punts, he was lively, always making himself available and covering some of the f**k ups by others and worked well with Hodge. Saying that he does look like a train crash at times, all arms and legs and gave away a couple of daft free kicks, but no different to a few others on that score.
Thought him, Toti and Sarabia were the main difference last night
A special shout for Fraser, he should our back up striker option and see some similarities to Ollie Watkins at Villa tbh
Special mention for Pond, who looked assured when he came on.
Overall a positive result

No idea as it wasn't listed as showing anywhere. Perfect stream but with a radio commentary over the top and it probably will have been on yours somewhere. Weird
My TV sub has a dedicated carabao cup section. The stream seemed to be hosted by Carabao themselves

Seeing a different game to me Punts, he was lively, always making himself available and covering some of the f**k ups by others and worked well with Hodge. Saying that he does look like a train crash at times, all arms and legs and gave away a couple of daft free kicks, but no different to a few others on that score.
Thought him, Toti and Sarabia were the main difference last night
A special shout for Fraser, he should our back up striker option and see some similarities to Ollie Watkins at Villa tbh
Special mention for Pond, who looked assured when he came on.
Overall a positive result
Traore looked awful to me too, him and Toti far to lazy with the ball in dangerous areas, it was only Blackpool as well let's not forget!

Sarabia was great, been good so far this season imo.

Can't recall us ever getting close to a 5 - 0 win under Nuno when we played lower league opposition . Maybe we didn't play that many lower league teams during his tenure - can't recall too many other than Chorley .

Pleased to hear Jonny did ok, albeit against shit opposition. I'm still hopeful he'll be decent again, maybe not as good as previously but a good back up.
I realise I should probably let this go.

Pleased to hear Jonny did ok, albeit against shit opposition. I'm still hopeful he'll be decent again, maybe not as good as previously but a good back up.
I realise I should probably let this go.

I don't think we'll ever see the Jonny of old, as much as we'd all love to. Two ACL injuries to the same knee would do a job on any player. Happy for him to stick around though and, as I said, he has been a top professional throughout the past year or two.

I don't think we'll ever see the Jonny of old, as much as we'd all love to. Two ACL injuries to the same knee would do a job on any player. Happy for him to stick around though and, as I said, he has been a top professional throughout the past year or two.
Yep I know, some may say I'm a dreamer.

I mean, if there's any chance at all he could get back there then we'll have a hell of a LB.

Back