• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[Carabao Cup 2nd Round] Wolves 5-0 Blackpool: Verdict Thread

I know it was Blackpool in the Carabao Cup but still great to see us put a team to the sword and 3 goals from strikers too. Hopefully Sasa can stay fit and be the scorer we have been missing

I thought Sasa's goal highlighted one of the problems with xG.

Sarabia's chance had an xG of around 0.49 i think and Sasa's follow-up around 0.14. But for me, Sasa's chance was easier as the GK and defenders were out of position and not set, and these are factors which i don't think apply when calculating xG

I thought Sasa's goal highlighted one of the problems with xG.

Sarabia's chance had an xG of around 0.49 i think and Sasa's follow-up around 0.14. But for me, Sasa's chance was easier as the GK and defenders were out of position and not set, and these are factors which i don't think apply when calculating xG
They are applied. It was lower value because the defender was directly in front of him blocking the goal. It was only the fact he hit it into the ground and it bounced over the defender that it went in.

Away to Ipswich in the next round.

Tricky draw.

Great away trip though. I always liked going to Portman Road. Great pubs near the station.

Hoping that my Wolves membership will facilitate a ticket for Ipswich away in the next round. Allocation is usually around 1900. Done it a couple of times with Wolves (once undercover in the home section) but not for many years.

Hoping that my Wolves membership will facilitate a ticket for Ipswich away in the next round. Allocation is usually around 1900. Done it a couple of times with Wolves (once undercover in the home section) but not for many years.
I'd be surprised if we sold out for that one, I think your chances would be fairly high.

I did manage to get my ticket for Ipswich within the membership window. Just a few left to go on general sale apparently so it does look like we will actually sell this one out.

2,339 travelling fans for a midweek third round League Cup tie with no trains home, and a long trek for those based in the midlands, would be a superb effort.

Was considering this as its probably the only type of game we'd get away tickets, still never been to an away game. Unfortunately we just couldn't fit it in around other commitments.

Loved this type of game, ground etc when I could regularly get away tickets so despite the 8/9 hour round trip from where I live I wasn't going to pass this up. 2-0 and a long drive home awaits...

Back