• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff 2 v Wolves 1 verdict thread

Hope so as the Mendes signings are the only ones not playing like utterly useless piles of shite at the moment.

Not according to the E&S player ratings from last night.
Spiers gave Batth and Stearman the best marks if 7/10. The rest 5 or less.

Not according to the E&S player ratings from last night.
Spiers gave Batth and Stearman the best marks if 7/10. The rest 5 or less.

I guess in a team set up not to play football without the ability to pass the ball, the centre backs who head the ball back a few times are most likely to catch the eye.

I guess in a team set up not to play football without the ability to pass the ball, the centre backs who head the ball back a few times are most likely to catch the eye.

I thought Saiss was a super midfielder/ passer of the ball? Spiers said he kept giving the ball away?
Also we had Costa, dicko, Cav on from the start, they are all 'flair' players, plus Tex came on as well. Truth is the new players that have come in so far have contributed little or nothing. We're no better than we were before they arrived, results would suggest we're actually worse.

I thought Saiss was a super midfielder/ passer of the ball? Spiers said he kept giving the ball away?
Also we had Costa, dicko, Cav on from the start, they are all 'flair' players, plus Tex came on as well. Truth is the new players that have come in so far have contributed little or nothing. We're no better than we were before they arrived, results would suggest we're actually worse.

That's because Spiers doesn't actually seem to like any of our foreign players. Saiss didn't keep giving the ball away at all, he looked a class above anyone when he got the ball but it's impossible for him when he has 1 maybe 2 at best options. He's not going to drive forward but he can break up play and pick a pass but not with our clueless footballers with him. Spiers was right about Batth and Stearman but that was because they had a lot to do and continuously headed clear or intercepted/made a tackle.

Well i think you will find that Teix, Costa and Cavaleiro have contributed a lot especially the latter 2 recently. Without them we would be in the bottom 3 without a doubt and probably a fair few points from safety. Problem is we still have to play the players who have been shit for the last 2 years with them.

That's the caveat with midfielders like Saïss; they need an outlet to keep play ticking over and to link defense to attack. Romain can hold possession all day long but if his partners in midfield don't support him, it all goes sideways as our attacking play becomes horrendously predictable, either backwards or lumped forward.

Even Xabi Alonso couldn't play midfield by himself. You need at least one other player positioned closely who can be available for a pass at a moment's notice.

Also, I owe TT and Johnny an apology. My attitude the other day was uncalled for. I still think now is a time for patience with Lambert but I should have found a much better way of getting that point across.

So. There's that.

No need for an apology, tensions always run high when we aren't very good.

In a month we've gone from employing a manager few wanted, but were prepared to give a chance, to many wanting him sacked and replaced by the man our second biggest rivals have just binned off. On the face of it that is bizarre, but there you go.

No need Alan but thanks for the thought. I agree with TT it is increasingly bizarre and I think the club and the way it's run is ultimately frustrating.

Reading twitter on Saturday was very depressing and saddening to see so many fans say they just don't care anymore.

That's exactly what i mean, by not moving it's almost like he's pressed. As i said in the last comment he needed to back off a little which would have given the Cardiff player a decision to make and give our players time to recover if possible. By not moving at all with the shape of the back 4 it's almost identical as to what would happen in a press (yes i know he doesn't actually press)

My bad, when I first read it I thought you were using the quasi-press thing as a defence of Batth in a sort of 'at least he did something' kind of way. The lad's brainless.

Apparently Batth made more headed clearances [21] against Cardiff than any player has in a Championship match this season. So there you are. Everything's alright.

I just kicked my ball against the shed and it bounced back 22 times in ten minutes. Doesn't make my shed a good centre half positionally . Mind you my shed and DB are similar in mobility

I just kicked my ball against the shed and it bounced back 22 times in ten minutes. Doesn't make my shed a good centre half positionally . Mind you my shed and DB are similar in mobility

Good shout, Cyber - we've tried everything else at CH. Does your shed have an EU passport or does it need a work permit?

Good shout, Cyber - we've tried everything else at CH. Does your shed have an EU passport or does it need a work permit?

I've heard good things about the shed, it's been described as outstanding in its field!

:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Apparently the shed has been put on gardening leave.

:icon_lol:

Sheds have their uses, though rather than it coming in as a CH then goal keeper is the right position for mine - dimension is roughly the size of the goal - clean sheets aplenty

Sheds have their uses, though rather than it coming in as a CH then goal keeper is the right position for mine - dimension is roughly the size of the goal - clean sheets aplenty

That's it then. Off to b and q for 3 sheds a summer house and a log cabin to replace our defence. English pine sheds, so no work permit issues , Norwegian log cabin and summer house so no EU issues. All 5 have better command of English and are easier to understand than Paul Lambert. The darkened room beckons

Back