• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chasing Europe...........

Just looked and they got 26k for their last game vs Ibiza (oi oi) which isn't far off capacity.

Would have them around 9th in La Liga if they get around that most weeks:

Would be top in Segunda Liga:

At least I didn’t fall completely flat on my face for not checking! Looks like they’ve slashed their prices and fair play but it’s worth noting how far behind Sevilla in 8th they are - season ticket holders from there upwards dwarf Malaga. Last full season they were 15th in Spain, 3rd in the segunda.

It is a great city though, the people are fantastic. Should be twinned with Middlesbrough as it had the first blast furnace in Spain.

Used to be happily similar politics to Teesside too. Wouldn’t be surprised if the downward trajectory has been matched there as well and they’ve got some twat from Vox as their even more corrupt version of Ben Houchen.

It is a great city though, the people are fantastic. Should be twinned with Middlesbrough as it had the first blast furnace in Spain.
Might make the work of their tourist board somewhat more challenging.

Thought I would drop in to the conversation this end of season forecasting report based on current Opta data:

We all know that there's a very full range of factors both for us and the other clubs. Bearing in mind most of our remaining matches are against top end and bottom end clubs all of whom will have something to play for except Bournemouth and Palace, it looks to me right now like it's going to be a stretch for us with our injuries and small squad to make Europe relative to say, Chelsea and Newcastle. Fingers crossed as always though!

In my odd can't be angry mode I am in today....not getting into Europe via the top 7/8 will be the same...can't get upset by it.
In reality we shouldn't be in with a shout with 10 to go but we are. Fully expect us to be totally out of the race soon but hoping GO can avoid a Lage end to the season and certainly keep off the beaches Lopetegui put us on last year.

Now we're out of the cup, it really is the only interest for the rest of the season. Yes I know its virtually zero chance but I can't completely dismiss it until its mathematically impossible.

We're still in with a chance given our fixtures IMO. Just need Cunha to hit the ground running when he's back.

Villa (A)
Burnley (A)
West Ham (H)
Bournemouth (H)
Forest (A)
Arsenal (H)
Luton (H)
Man City (A)
Palace (H)
Liverpool (A)

I'm writing the obvious three off, I suspect we need to win at least four, possibly five of the other seven and it would helpful if West Ham were one of them.

It's possible but very much odds against if Neto and Hwang don't play for another month or more, which is apparently the case.

Fully fit squad a definite chance, all the injuries chances are slim at best. We’re just at a point where all the good fun stuff is just a few good players out of our reach.

West Ham draw v Villa.

Puts us 3 points behind them with a game in hand

West Ham draw v Villa.

Puts us 3 points behind them with a game in hand
And I assume that game will be the rescheduled Bournemouth home game.

Sven Botman out for the rest of the season

Easter state of play

6. Man Utd 47 (Brentford A, Chelsea A, Liverpool H)
7. West Ham 44 (Newcastle A, Tottenham H, Wolves A)
8. Brighton 42 (Liverpool A, Brentford A, Arsenal H)
9. Wolves 41 (Aston Villa A, Burnley A, West Ham H)
10. Newcastle 40 (West Ham H, Everton H, Fulham A)
11. Chelsea 39 (Burnley H, Man Utd H, Sheff Utd A)
12. Fulham 38 (Sheff Utd A, Nottm Forest A, Newcastle H)

Brighton may not pick up any points there.. Saying that we could struggle getting a win..

Back