• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chasing Europe...........

6. Man Utd 48 (Liverpool H, Bournemouth A, Sheff Utd H)
7. West Ham 45 (Wolves A, Fulham H, Crystal Palace A)
8. Newcastle 44 (Fulham A, Tottenham H, Crystal Palace A)
9. Brighton 43 (Arsenal H, Burnley A, Man City H)
10. Chelsea 43 (Sheff Utd A, Everton H, Arsenal A)
11. Wolves 42 (West Ham H, Nottm Forest A, Arsenal H)
12. Bournemouth 41 (Luton A, Man Utd H, Aston Villa A)
13. Fulham 39 (Newcastle H, West Ham A, Liverpool H)

Iroala has done a fantastic job after the initial struggle to get his ideas and style across. Has adapted with what he has and you can only imagine them getting stronger with it now. If they finish above Wolves (which I now expect) its going to undo a lot of the press and media's "unfair to sack O'Neil." Pieces and segments from early on.

Moved goalposts I get but finishing outside the top half is going to be a disappointment after where we were prior to the injuries and self inflicted depleted choices, so next two are huge for us in that regard.

6. Man Utd 49 (Bournemouth A, Sheff Utd H)
7. West Ham 48 (Fulham H, Crystal Palace A)
8. Newcastle 47 (Tottenham H, Crystal Palace A)
9. Chelsea 44 (Everton H, Arsenal A)
10. Brighton 43 (Burnley A, Man City H)
11. Wolves 42 (Nottm Forest A, Arsenal H)
12. Bournemouth 41 (Man Utd H, Aston Villa A)
13. Fulham 39 (West Ham A, Liverpool H)

Fairly concerned about Bournemouth & Fulham both finishing above us rather than anything else at this point. Given every penny counts, our aim as an absolute minimum should be to stay above those two. Anything else will be a bonus (literally).

It won't make a jot of difference to what we spend. It didn't in January when we'd budgeted for 17th and it was clear we were going to finish 15th worse case

We'll be lucky to break 50 points I suspect with our remaining fixtures. Three winnable home games but with the players missing can't see us winning all of them.

Fairly concerned about Bournemouth & Fulham both finishing above us rather than anything else at this point. Given every penny counts, our aim as an absolute minimum should be to stay above those two. Anything else will be a bonus (literally).
I think we can finish above Brighton. Only won 3 league games in 2024, De Zerbi perhaps having his head turned, badly faltering now and have Man City, Chelsea, Villa, Newcastle and Man Utd left to play.

Missing striker options like ourself though and yet still doing fairly well. Personally I am incredibly impressed with him, very well drilled but just missing that little bit of attacking quality occasionally.

Given their injuries and Europe they've done alright, not underperformed imo given the context

Brighton have done well this season as we have. They’re no more blunders away from it all going up in smoke than we are. That’s life at this level until you’re qualifying for Europe year-on-year, IMV.

Made a calendar note to abuse the AI version of Jeff in 2042 when this doesn't happen

More shocking than us winning it in 2042 is United winning in 2025!

Back