• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

ok, so it´s like three years to the next election then? In Sweden you can vote against your PM which happened some weeks ago but he was re-elected thankfully
We don't elect a PM, we elect MP's, so essentially it's for the governing Party to decide if they've had enough of them during terms of Parliament.

From Wednesday, States of Jersey are reintroducing mandatory mask wearing.

Has the vaccine passports plan been confirmed? Listening to the end of the conference it seemed like the shopping trolley was crashing in a different direction eg might rather than will.

Has the vaccine passports plan been confirmed? Listening to the end of the conference it seemed like the shopping trolley was crashing in a different direction eg might rather than will.
I think the quote from the press conference was 'that would seem a reasonable precaution' or thereabouts. So essentially letting it float out there and gain feedback...again

The vaccine passport is purely coercion to get the vaccine. If Covid is still a big issue come the end of September then the UK/the world is in a lot of trouble

The vaccine passport is purely coercion to get the vaccine. If Covid is still a big issue come the end of September then the UK/the world is in a lot of trouble
This was my thought too, a motivation towards the youngsters to get vaccinated they can easily row back on if they need to.

If people who can get the vaccine choose not to then personally I have no issue with them missing out on anything. They are entitled to their opinion, but not freedom from the consequences.

The Delta variant bringing 50k cases a day which will get to 100k because of the PM's mistakes is more of an issue for me

It will be - take a look at vaccination rates outside Europe, N.America and a select few places. Recipe for mutation and re-emergence.

Southern/Republican/nutjob states over here very insistent that there will be no vaccine passports.

The more that the federal government and scientists promote vaccines, the more that "confederate" types scream freedom and refuse to get one.

Presumably all the young people will be offered the pfizer vaccine, has that been proven to offer zero risk to these young people? I know the Oxford one was statistically more deadly than actually catching covid for young women.

Seems slightly morally questionable to me to coerce people into accepting a medical procedure to protect them from a virus that is more dangerous than the virus itself.

Presumably all the young people will be offered the pfizer vaccine, has that been proven to offer zero risk to these young people? I know the Oxford one was statistically more deadly than actually catching covid for young women.

Seems slightly morally questionable to me to coerce people into accepting a medical procedure to protect them from a virus that is more dangerous than the virus itself.
Is that true? I'm interested to know the data / source on this

It will be - take a look at vaccination rates outside Europe, N.America and a select few places. Recipe for mutation and re-emergence.
My thoughts were mainly UK based. Hopefully high vaccination on top of the mass infection over the next 2 months will see antibodies at a level to offer us enough protection against any strain and then booster vaccines for the high risk.

Is that true? I'm interested to know the data / source on this
It's the governments own data, the risk of having the vaccine is miniscule, but then so is the risk from covid for young people.

TT - You can't just say 550 people under the age of 40 have died, so no. Covid morbidity increases by a factor of 7 times for every decade of someone's age. So everyone above 30 is much more likely to die of covid than the vaccine. I'm talking specifically about young people under 30.

Here is the government slide:

img.jpg

It’s been policy for ages that under 40s get an mRNA vaccine.

My thoughts were mainly UK based. Hopefully high vaccination on top of the mass infection over the next 2 months will see antibodies at a level to offer us enough protection against any strain and then booster vaccines for the high risk.
Don’t mean shite though, even with locked down borders it will still get in. Vaccinate the world or put up with the lockdown hokey-cokey for years.

Back