• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

As well as having to have typhoid and yellow fever vaccinations if we wished to go to certain countries.

It was also compulsory many years ago to have Hep B vaccines when I worked in the water industry.

I should also point out that we all spent our school years being coerced into various innoculations.
And I agree with all of them, all of those illnesses are more risky than the vaccine for 100% of the recipients. Again not against vaccines, I think people who try and stop their kids having things like MMR are total morons.

The MMR stuff was triggered by (the later discredited) Andrew Wakefield's claims. Trouble is, the stigma about vaccines has remained.

Mate please read my original question, I wasn't asking about the Oxford vaccine, I was asking has the Pfizer vaccine been shown to carry no risk for young people and then asking if not is it morally right to coerce them into having it. The reason I put the slide up about the Oxford vaccine was just because Andy asked for the source, that's all.
It has been shown to have a significantly lower risk. Like approaching negligible. So the powers that be ruled younger people must have that. So putting the figures up about AZ effectively becomes nonsensical as you are showing the figures that informed the decision to avoid AZ for the young.

Not often I support these fools but here they got that info and ruled out AZ. That is good news.

As well as having to have typhoid and yellow fever vaccinations if we wished to go to certain countries.

It was also compulsory many years ago to have Hep B vaccines when I worked in the water industry.
I used to do a job where there was a potential to come across dirty needles so was offered the Hep B one, I took it. Quite a long process that one with a blood test at the end, even after the two jabs I was showing a negligible level of immunity so they just said we'll give you a third dose and then that will be it, so I still don't actually know if I'm immune or not.

I have a lot of tetanus protection. Regular boosters as a kid as I appeared to have a hobby of standing on rusty nails.

Three doses I would think you have a lot of protection.
You say that a bloke I work with had two jabs and when they did the blood test on him he had literally zero protection as if he hadn't even had one.

From memory mine was 68% after two, it doesn't really matter now though as I don't do the job anymore, nice to be immune though I suppose.

You say that a bloke I work with had two jabs and when they did the blood test on him he had literally zero protection as if he hadn't even had one.

From memory mine was 68% after two, it doesn't really matter now though as I don't do the job anymore, nice to be immune though I suppose.
Mate, you need to do some research before you start throwing these scare stories about. For a start, there isn't 'the' blood test. Antibodies disappear pretty quickly and are replaced by killer T cells, which give you long-term protection, so if anyone jabbed a while back wouldn't have them. Second, there are 2 types of antibodies - one if you've had Covid and a different one if you've had the vaccine, so if you test for the type you haven't had it will always come back negative. What blood test did he have? And was he told he had 'literally no protection' by an immunologist, or by the tea lady who doubles up as a first aider? My missus is a nurse, and even she didn't know about this stuff until I drew her attention to it, so I'm not having a go, and, of course, your mate might just be the one in God knows how many millions (if there are any at all) that the jabs don't work on, but maybe don't always accept the simplest and sexiest explanation. (All this is on the Zoe and John Campbell updates on YouTube, by the way, for anyone interested enough to watch them.)

Mate, you need to do some research before you start throwing these scare stories about. For a start, there isn't 'the' blood test. Antibodies disappear pretty quickly and are replaced by killer T cells, which give you long-term protection, so if anyone jabbed a while back wouldn't have them. Second, there are 2 types of antibodies - one if you've had Covid and a different one if you've had the vaccine, so if you test for the type you haven't had it will always come back negative. What blood test did he have? And was he told he had 'literally no protection' by an immunologist, or by the tea lady who doubles up as a first aider? My missus is a nurse, and even she didn't know about this stuff until I drew her attention to it, so I'm not having a go, and, of course, your mate might just be the one in God knows how many millions (if there are any at all) that the jabs don't work on, but maybe don't always accept the simplest and sexiest explanation. (All this is on the Zoe and John Campbell updates on YouTube, by the way, for anyone interested enough to watch them.)
Mate, do me a favour and actually read my posts before accusing me of scare mongering will you! I was talking about a hep b vaccine I had through work a while ago not covid.

I used to do a job where there was a potential to come across dirty needles so was offered the Hep B one, I took it. Quite a long process that one with a blood test at the end, even after the two jabs I was showing a negligible level of immunity so they just said we'll give you a third dose and then that will be it, so I still don't actually know if I'm immune or not.
If you had your 5 year booster you technically have “lifetime immunity”. But yeah some people don’t get immunity. Remember from uni some people didn’t get it when we got tested but not sure what the outcome is “tough shit” I guess.

No offence but Boris Johnson doesnt seem fit to lead the country
Most of us on here know that but, as there are only tiny sections of the media prepared to hold him to account, then he can pretty much do as he likes while still have a large section of the population believe that he is ‘doing his best’.

As others have suggested the only way he leaves before the next election is if he decides he can’t be bothered with it anymore and quits.

Do you think there is a football site in Italy or France saying the same thing as they have similar death tolls , even Germany the bastions of how to handle a lockdown properly managed to lose 90,000 + or just our country that achieved it through incompetence ?

Do you think there is a football site in Italy or France saying the same thing as they have similar death tolls , even Germany the bastions of how to handle a lockdown properly managed to lose 90,000 + or just our country that achieved it through incompetence ?

Our government is unique in the world in that is has managed to oversee one of the worst death tolls whilst also leading the world in completely fucking our economy and society, quite an achievement. So yes there probably are other forums in those countries criticising their governments but none of them deserve it to the same extent as ours.

Back