• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Why?

You telling me any business could handle 18 months in lockdown?
You telling me.any country could handle 18 months of lockdown ?

There isn't going to be 18 months of lockdown. The Chinese have their outbreak under control. No new cases yesterday.

Your conspiracy theory is rubbish and not every virus is named after the place it originated from. Influenza, AIDS, Chicken Pox, Small Pox, Yellow fever, SARS to name but a few.

There isn't going to be 18 months of lockdown. The Chinese have their outbreak under control. No new cases yesterday.

Your conspiracy theory is rubbish and not every virus is named after the place it originated from. Influenza, AIDS, Chicken Pox, Small Pox, Yellow fever, SARS to name but a few.

Glasgowenteritis?

Spanish flu didn't actually come from Spain either tbf.

Ebola is a river too, not quite sure how that can be the location which starts a virus.

Good for them. To keep it like that they will need to test everyone coming into their country from virtually anywhere in the world until the virus is wiped out completely or an antidote is found.

Really, how does anyone know it's hogwash?
Fact - It came from China
Fact - it's now crippling every countries Economy
Fact - Currencies are crashing

Ebola Named after where it originated
Spanish Flu the same
Nearly every virus was named after where it originated, except COVID 19, it's chinese virus originated in Wuhan province in China, linked to the Live Animal market.

There has to be some level of suspicion that a country who's economy was predicted to crash over the next 10 years, suddenly had a virus found in a province that is now causing a meltdown of the worlds economies?

This must be the first conspiracy theory I ever thought had some basis to it.

Wiki on Spanish Flu
There have been statements that the epidemic originated in the United States. Historian Alfred W. Crosby stated that the flu originated in Kansas,[19] and popular author John Barry described Haskell County, Kansas, as the point of origin.[11] It has also been stated that, by late 1917, there had already been a first wave of the epidemic in at least 14 US military camps

Wiki on Spanish Flu
There have been statements that the epidemic originated in the United States. Historian Alfred W. Crosby stated that the flu originated in Kansas,[19] and popular author John Barry described Haskell County, Kansas, as the point of origin.[11] It has also been stated that, by late 1917, there had already been a first wave of the epidemic in at least 14 US military camps

The origin of Spanish flu is up for much debate, there are a few theories including Kansas, Britain and China.

I absolutely do not subscribe to the language of Trump, that is really dangerous, god knows how many people will be subjected to racist abuse and/or attacks as a result of that sort of language!

However, when all this is said and done China do need to face up to this, their lax attitude to the wet markets did nothing to prevent this, and as is often the case Worldwide it came down to money rather than safety.

The following video explains things pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPpoJGYlW54

It’s actually fairly uncommon for diseases to be named after place of origin. Lassa fever and Omsk haemorrhagic fever are two examples.

Dengue fever is named after the virus. As is Zika. As is Covid-19.

Id like glasgowwolf to point out on the map exactly where in the world is HIV? Just so I can see where that originated from,and Hantavirus as well please

Branson asked for help for the whole airline industry rather than just his.

What have you been told before about letting facts get in the way of an agenda ??

Time for some positives:-

Yesterday we found a test for Covid19 antibodies which worked really well in the lab and assuming results are repeated production could be started very soon. Nothing is being administered so one would thing there won't be many safeguarding hurdles to overcome

Chloroquine seems to be given positive results in the treatment of Covid19 in lots of places. It's a decades old malaria drug so no testing required and it's generic so shouldn't be expensive

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/18...tients-within-6-days-treatment-covidtrial-io/

Ha, random. I have some old chloroquine in a drawer somewhere

Time for some positives:-

Yesterday we found a test for Covid19 antibodies which worked really well in the lab and assuming results are repeated production could be started very soon. Nothing is being administered so one would thing there won't be many safeguarding hurdles to overcome

Chloroquine seems to be given positive results in the treatment of Covid19 in lots of places. It's a decades old malaria drug so no testing required and it's generic so shouldn't be expensive

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/18...tients-within-6-days-treatment-covidtrial-io/

Is that a reliable site? "Hydroxychloroquine cures 100% of coronavirus patients within 6 days of treatment". You'd think the major news organizations would have picked up on something as game-changing as that

When was Malaria rife in Stafford ??

I lived in Zambia for 5 years - still go back most years. I have loads of random leftover anti-malarials. I'm reserving the psychedelic Lariam for when shit gets really bad.

Really, how does anyone know it's hogwash?
Fact - It came from China
Fact - it's now crippling every countries Economy
Fact - Currencies are crashing

Ebola Named after where it originated
Spanish Flu the same
Nearly every virus was named after where it originated, except COVID 19, it's chinese virus originated in Wuhan province in China, linked to the Live Animal market.

There has to be some level of suspicion that a country who's economy was predicted to crash over the next 10 years, suddenly had a virus found in a province that is now causing a meltdown of the worlds economies?

This must be the first conspiracy theory I ever thought had some basis to it.

Spanish Flu originated in an American Army camp in Kansas, only reason it was called Spanish Flu was that their's was the first countries media to openly report it as they were neutral during WW1 and their King was an early death from it.

If you read the Imperial College research that changed even Johnson and Cummings’ minds, the herd immunity idea would kill a quarter of a million people in the UK alone.

It wouldn't if maximum effort was put into isolating and supporting the vulnerable.

It wouldn't if maximum effort was put into isolating and supporting the vulnerable.

What would you suggest? Send them all to a Scottish island and wait for it all to blow over?

Back