• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Your plan to “help” me by imprisoning me so you don’t have to be is what is disgusting. What happened to “in this together”?

I shan’t be replying to you again.

I don't care if you reply or not. Imprison you? You are giving up a few weeks of your life to protect somebody who is vulnerable. Somebody who is at quite a high risk of hospitalisation / dying.

Those that are 'vulnerable' don't have a badge on to indicate that - whilst an age line has to be drawn all are not at the same point for their health.

Have had to take the decision to almost close the Charity shop which sells consumable items & equipment for the (even more) elderley & impaired. Hopefully we still have 4 volunteers (inc me who doesn't normally work in the shop, as do other stuff for them so am 'winging it' )who can at least open for a few hours a week for regular customers to collect items without which their lives are going to be much more miserable.

Think that we might benefit from gov't grant for small retail outlets which will help, but Gov't websites have little clarity just now so in conversation with our Accountants as to whether they have any more info. We still have to pay the rent (though will also contact our landlords as to whether there is any relief there)

Those that are 'vulnerable' don't have a badge on to indicate that - whilst an age line has to be drawn all are not at the same point for their health.

Quite, but there are medical records. It is clear who is most at risk of dying from this virus. Tend to agree about the age line. Forget the labels identify human beings who are vulnerable.

Apparently I am vunerable as I have chronic asthma / COPD and a heart condition but you wouldn't know either of those facts looking at me (you might get an inkling if you asked me to run for 5 minutes )

People who think they're doing no harm as long as they steer clear of oldies are very much mistaken !

I think that the numbers in the vulnerable category are huge and that stops the isolation / herd immunity theory from working.

5.4 million asthmatics in the UK.

I know that they are probably raking it in at the moment but well done Asda.

Asda has said it will give full pay for 12 weeks to any of its workers if they need to self-isolate due to coronavirus.

The supermarket giant also said it had started working with a number of national companies to offer temporary jobs to people, in view of the “significant demands” being placed on supermarkets.

Asda also announced it will be paying its small suppliers immediately to help them keep their business operating and is to provide a rent-free quarter to around 250 small business tenants in its stores who are struggling to operate during these unprecedented times.

Chief executive Roger Burnley said:

Never in my 30 years in retail have I ever felt so keenly the role played by supermarkets in our communities.

The way our colleagues are working to support the nation is incredible and I want to support them and those closest to them who are experiencing the other end of this crisis and need work.

Where we can provide opportunities for employment, even short term, to help people through this period, we want to play our part, and where we are able to reduce the strain on our smaller suppliers and tenants, we will do so.

Nothing announced so far helps everyone - one of my son's runs a 2 person Ltd Co car body shop. No one is coming in with 'cosmetic' work & he is surviving on insurance jobs who don't pay that quickly so his cash flow has gone to pot.

Plus they had a good year last year so have a £12000 corporation bill to pay & whilst they managed to get HMRC to stagger the payments over a few months the current cash situation is causing problems with that. They have £5000 per month of fixed costs already to have to cover.

Young man with a large mortgage - wife works, but in nursery care so who knows how long that will continue. Just wish that I had a pot of easily accesible cash to dole out to get them through, but I don't - more worried for them than myself as my retirement income is guaranteed.

I lived in Zambia for 5 years - still go back most years. I have loads of random leftover anti-malarials. I'm reserving the psychedelic Lariam for when shit gets really bad.

I worked in Durban for three months and the chap I worked with was from Rhodesia (as was) some harrowing stories from him, he was in the security forces, so I was glad I was a lot further south with an apartment looking over the Indian Ocean , one of the most fantastic countries you could see.

Frankly, I'm all for isolating Paddy for a few months, longer if required.

I worked in Durban for three months and the chap I worked with was from Rhodesia (as was) some harrowing stories from him, he was in the security forces, so I was glad I was a lot further south with an apartment looking over the Indian Ocean , one of the most fantastic countries you could see.

Rhodies (white-Zimbabweans as are now) are a weird bunch on the whole. Particularly those in the security forces, there was some proper nasty stuff which went on from both sides

So non-essential retail stores are supposed to be closed here. How do you decide what is essential?

Insurance agent - open
Pet Store - open
Hairdressers - open
Vape shop open
Nail Salon - closed
No official word but the general feeling is that my liquor store can stay open. With rent at $5.5k per month I need all the customers I can get.

Dunno if someone has posted this image in the thread, but some light-hearted content to lighten the mood a little bit.

89851652_1679918618812473_6502251564663570432_n.jpg

Bloody awful.

More "we'll tell you later", stammering all over the place, moving the start time later and later each day and now saying he won't take many questions.

Do your job properly you fat bastard.

Bloody awful.

More "we'll tell you later", stammering all over the place, moving the start time later and later each day and now saying he won't take many questions.

Do your job properly you fat bastard.

Fuck him, I want to hear from the scientists

Well that was shit. Might actually get some proper answers tomorrow. Not holding my breath...

tenor.gif

Appalling. Genuinely giving off the air that he couldn't be arsed with this.

A ridiculous claim about a 12 week timeframe that he had to row back on inside the laughably short 25 minute conference.

If this weren't such a danger to the livelihood (in every sense) of the entire population then it'd be funny to see him flap about. It's not though.

Back