• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Dean Watch.

He's only been in the job 1 day to be fair, not surprising he doesn't know all their names yet.

Surely that doesn't excuse saying that out loud, though? Could easily alienate some players right off the bat.

If someone who's managed to reach the heady heights of playing for Crawley has the Prima Donna attitude to get in a huff because a who's known them for 24 hours can't remember a few of their colleague's names, he hasn't singled out anyone he doesn't remember so they can't take any personal offence, then i don't think i'd be too worried about alienating them. These aren't exactly household names he's working with here.

I can see that, I s'pose. Still seems an unflinchingly dim thing to say to me.

Depends really, almost certain that he's said it as a joke at how new in the job he is rather than a swipe at the players being nobodies, you'd hope the players have enough common sense to see it that way. Then again if any of the squad are of the mindset of Dan, hatred at first sight, then perhaps they'll choose to take it to heart and use it against him.

As my father is so keen on saying, never underestimate the ego of a pro athlete.

The 2 lads up the front dun wot I asked of um, without I'm actually putting the ball in the net.

As my father is so keen on saying, never underestimate the ego of a pro athlete.

Which comes back to my earlier point, if they're that stuck up their own arses after reaching the dizzying heights of Crawley Town then they're probably not the characters you want in that relegation fight. It'd be like a 5 year old getting pissed off at being overlooked by RIBA after they'd built a lopsided Lego house.

Which comes back to my earlier point, if they're that stuck up their own arses after reaching the dizzying heights of Crawley Town then they're probably not the characters you want in that relegation fight. It'd be like a 5 year old getting pissed off at being overlooked by RIBA after they'd built a lopsided Lego house.

:icon_lol:

Too true, mate, too true.

The strikers did what he asked of them without scoring? Midfielders playing in defence? Where have I heard and seen all of those things before?

They had 0 shots on target today. Sounds very similar to the 0-0 draw he "achieved" with us at Sheffield Wednesday, we never even attempted to win the game and he acted as if he was Mourinho afterwards. Much good that point did as Wednesday went on to overtake us quite easily by y'know, winning games. Hint for you Dean, always best to actually try to beat the teams around you, having a style where 0-0 is the best possible result will not get you very far. You are also more likely to beat struggling teams than good ones. Complicated stuff I know but probably best someone points it out to you as you currently have a 0% success rate in relegation battles.

Nothing changes, he is an incredibly shit manager and an awful person. He doesn't deserve respect or good wishes from anyone connected with Wolverhampton Wanderers. For as long as I'm on this earth I'll hate him for the way he made me feel about my club.

What are the odds he makes an attempt to sign Ched Evans?

Unless they find him somewhere else to train that won't happen, due to the distance from Cheshire and the rules around his tag.

He doesn't seem *as* bullshitty in that interview and he actually appeared to be remorseful about his failure at Wolves. As DW says though, playing for a draw against your relegation rivals is a very poor approach to adopt! Odd transfer policy he's looking to implement too; sign players on high wages (cause they must be better!?!?). Paves the way for a RoJo transfer though :D

They had 0 shots on target today. Sounds very similar to the 0-0 draw he "achieved" with us at Sheffield Wednesday, we never even attempted to win the game and he acted as if he was Mourinho afterwards. Much good that point did as Wednesday went on to overtake us quite easily by y'know, winning games. Hint for you Dean, always best to actually try to beat the teams around you, having a style where 0-0 is the best possible result will not get you very far. You are also more likely to beat struggling teams than good ones. Complicated stuff I know but probably best someone points it out to you as you currently have a 0% success rate in relegation battles.

Nothing changes, he is an incredibly shit manager and an awful person. He doesn't deserve respect or good wishes from anyone connected with Wolverhampton Wanderers. For as long as I'm on this earth I'll hate him for the way he made me feel about my club.

Every time I drive passed Hilsborough I shudder at the thought of that game.

It was fucking freezing and the football was absolutely dire.

Back