• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Derby - Wolves 18/10/15 Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt expect more than a point from today but didnt ex[ect to concede three to this lot who havent been any cop at home

Defence is letting the rest of the team down right now. We were playing well until the fuck up for the second and then to throw away the lifeline Martinez gives us...

I don't really see a comeback unfortunately

I dont think we will get anything from this now..pen save could have lifted us even further, instead a late lucky goal for them..

Definate penalty.
Batth caught in two minds then fails to come to the bouncing ball, now faces the Derby lad coming towards him and simply turns in front of the forward puts his hands up and BANG! the forward goes down inches, literally inches inside the area.
Martin steps up, strikes the ball well, a little too close to a diving Martinez who saves it and palms it wide.
Corner comes in and with another display of inept defending, with I think Johnson standing about 12 yards out in line with the far post, the fucking ball actuall bounces against his knee and goes gently into the opposite corner nice and slow along the ground with everybody caught out and going the wrong way.
It came all the way from the corner up and down to bounce against his bloody leg, with Batth the nearest to him about 3 yards off him and the ball just rolled into and unguarded net.

Grim.

Never seen a softer pen, sorry..yes he was obstructing him but a pen, they were lucky imo

1st goal was a top strike, but the other 2 completely of our own making. We were on top too after the equaliser.

First goal - great strike but Wolves asleep
Second goal - poor clearance by Iorfa. Matinez goes mad. Under 11's girls challenge by Hause
Clear penalty - Batth v poor today
3rd goal - Bradley Johnson: let's hope he gets sent off as consolation

Essentially it's experienced team vs inexperienced team
Team that will spend a lot on wages vs team that won't

Defensively we have been awful and have been punished by a side that have attackers that would get in any side in this division. I stand by what i said after the first goal, yes it was a good strike but we are too far away from them. Batth too far away from Martin which allows him to play the flick, then he gives away the pen although i agree with Holloway it's soft and then he can't even basically mark Johnson. He's been good since he came back and helped us but not dealing with Martin at all today and it's got into his head.

Appalling defending today. It's not giving our midfield/strikers the opportunity to do anything. Batth looks like a lumbering mess and Hause is non-existent.

So frustrating. We're playing some great football but silly mistakes are costing us yet again.

Never seen a softer pen, sorry..yes he was obstructing him but a pen, they were lucky imo

You've never seen a softer penalty? Seriously? It was a stonewall penalty.

Such a shame that the defence has let the rest of the team down. Batth has been given a torrid time - Martin has been outstanding for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back