• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Edwards out for a while.

I think we are still a more attractive proposition than Blues, but not enough to persuade him to come here.

Blues are still a club in turmoil behind the scenes with not a pot to piss in, while Wolves should be in a position to offer Gary Rowett double his current salary.

If anyone wishes to open a debate about the future of Kenny Jackett feel free, this is a thread to debate a replacement for David Edwards.

I feel the persistance of Kenny to shoehorn Edwards into any starting position just to get him a game is what has lead to the concern about his job. We have gone backwards under KJ this season and the Edwards selection(s) has been, in my opinion, key to the downturn. Both situations go hand in hand and now the extended contracts for D.E and Matt Doherty leaves many fans scratching their heads and rightly so

I've opened a Kenny Jackett thread, because Trev's right.
This is Duracell Dave's thread.

I don't get that. Threads should be allowed to develop naturally.

Yess NWW, but when it moves away consistently from the thread title and seems to have substance, the diversion probably deserves its own thread.
Then Edwards' thread can develop naturally allong the lines of all things to do with Dave.

But it's correct to talk about them in the same thread beens as Dave is Kenny's love child and his daughter is pregnant with Dave's baby...

Yess NWW, but when it moves away consistently from the thread title and seems to have substance, the diversion probably deserves its own thread.
Then Edwards' thread can develop naturally allong the lines of all things to do with Dave.

Completely disagree. Strikes as over zealous and unnecessary.

Im with NWW on this....only so much you can talk about how you don't rate Dave Edwards (unless your are Deutsch and then there isn't enough time in the day to fit that in along side hating on Doherty and then trying to fit in some Shola digs as well). The thread moved into talking about KJ's position in a pretty natural way.

Now it has moved into talking about how threads should run....give it 20 or so posts and it will be back to slamming Dave....

I quite like the fact that the only thread that hasn't evolved into slagging off Dave Edwards is a thread about Dave Edwards.

Completely disagree. Strikes as over zealous and unnecessary.

It wasn't an attempt at being over zealous at all, a point has been reached with our form that virtually every thread is turning into a debate about whether the Manager is up to the job or not.
We are probably one maybe two more consecutive League defeats away from the first should the Manager be sacked poll, i believe a debate about the Manager and a possible replacement was worthy of its own thread.

Im with NWW on this....only so much you can talk about how you don't rate Dave Edwards

And when that point is reached, we all stop talking about it and it starts slipping down the list.
If, as you suggest it just went smoothly from Edwards to KJ, it might then go smoothly onto 'missing promotion' then 'we're not going to afford to go ahead with the ground redevelopment' and... Well, we might as well just have one general thread.

Rowett I think is a very good manager. I like Lee Johnson at Barnsley, big fan of the way he sets his teams up based on what I've seen of games involving him and also from interviews.

We have an important run of games coming up now. I'm worried we aren't prepared for them but I really hope KJ can sort us out

I knew him when he was a youngster at Cambridge. Single minded and the only candidate in the list mentioned I would give a second glance too

And when that point is reached, we all stop talking about it and it starts slipping down the list.
If, as you suggest it just went smoothly from Edwards to KJ, it might then go smoothly onto 'missing promotion' then 'we're not going to afford to go ahead with the ground redevelopment' and... Well, we might as well just have one general thread.

It's not necessary to be so anal about a thread.

It's not necessary to be so anal about a thread.

I'm not being anal about it.
It's why we have thread titles, so we can come on here and discuss stuff like Edwards.
If I wanted to discuss the serious issue of whether Jackett should go or stay, or if he's doing a good job or not, why the fuck would I come into a thread on Edwards to discuss that?
Since I started the Jackett thread, there've been 65 exchanges on it.
That's 65 exchanges that would have practically nothing to do with this thread about Edwards, but would pretty much have choked it up and muddied the issue.
That's a reasonable thread, it's got legs and it may well run and run and run.
And all the time it runs, it's still got very little to do with Edwards.
Don't be snippy.

Back