• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

England "Fans"

Does it matter if we have ever been sent home? Are you saying its fine to the "finest" of each country to kick $#@! out of anything because nothing will be done or other countries will do it because punishments have been weak in the past? If you could clarify, that would be great. Ta

As we have often been the guilty one for the majority of football violence in European football and our National side have never been sent home for that violence, I find it a bit rich that we are complaining, because our louts came off worse.

I think I can take from your post, that no, we have never been sent home early.

As we have often been the guilty one for the majority of football violence in European football and our National side have never been sent home for that violence, I find it a bit rich that we are complaining, because our louts came off worse.

I think I can take from your post, that no, we have never been sent home early.

And what you can't see from his post is whether he thinks we should have been sent home, so difficult to evaluate the richness of the post.

And what you can't see from his post is whether he thinks we should have been sent home, so difficult to evaluate the richness of the post.

The fact is we weren't sent home. I imagine we would have complained a lot if we had been.

The fact is we weren't sent home. I imagine we would have complained a lot if we had been.

Not condoning any violence at all but there's a huge difference between our pissed-up dickheads thinking they're hard and being utter bellends and the new ultra-violent co-ordinated sport the Ruskies are training and participating in.

What I am struggling with is because things didn't happen 30 years ago, they shouldn't happen now?

So because Rolf Harris could fiddle with kids in the 70's any childrens entertainer should be allowed to do it now?

For the record - I was to young to have an opinion on the punishment of fuckwits who thought supporting your team/nation is great if you can kick shit out of someone. Just because our National team wasn't sent packing from a major event for the behaviour of their own fans then, doesn't mean Nations shouldn't get that done now. If England fans had jumped the fences and chased/beat up Russian fans after the game, I would have no issue if UEFA had sent our team home.

I would like to point something out. England fans abroad can be bells but apart from World Cup 1998 in Marseille I am trying to remember really bad stuff.

1982 in Spain there were well behaved. Mexico 1986 incident free.

There were incidents around the Germany game in Charleroi in the Euros but it historically has been the club fans doing the majority of arse behaviour rather than the national side.

I would like to point something out. England fans abroad can be bells but apart from World Cup 1998 in Marseille I am trying to remember really bad stuff.

1982 in Spain there were well behaved. Mexico 1986 incident free.

There were incidents around the Germany game in Charleroi in the Euros but it historically has been the club fans doing the majority of arse behaviour rather than the national side.
Our worst moments have been during qualifying rather than tournaments, smashing up places like Luxembourg in the early 80's. I was in Rotterdam in 1993 which was pretty lively, although I believe Amsterdam was worse. By and large we are a nation that gets pissed and throws patio furniture around. Anti social dickheads rather than out and out hooligans

I'm sure that GLASGOWOLF can enlighten us on the England supporter 'pedigree'.

LMFAO The History Maker is back after his toys out of the pram episode..

Our worst moments have been during qualifying rather than tournaments, smashing up places like Luxembourg in the early 80's. I was in Rotterdam in 1993 which was pretty lively, although I believe Amsterdam was worse. By and large we are a nation that gets pissed and throws patio furniture around. Anti social dickheads rather than out and out hooligans

1988English soccer officials withdraw request to allow clubs back in Europe after violence during European championship finals in West Germany

1990England fans clash with Italian fans and police in Rimini before a World Cup match in Bologna. English clubs readmitted into European competitions

1992Violence by English hooligans in Malmo and Stockholm at European championship finals raise doubts whether England should host 1996 tournament

1993England fans clash with Dutch police in Amsterdam on eve of World Cup qualifying game against Holland

1995Friendly international against Republic of Ireland in Dublin abandoned after 27 minutes when England fans riot

1996Hooligans riot in Trafalgar Square after England lose to Germany on penalties in Euro 96 semi-final

1997Italian police baton-charge England fans at Rome's Olympic stadium after supporters cause trouble

1998England fans cause trouble during England's opening match of World Cup 98 against Tunisia in Marseille

There's been some right cunts following England down the years hasn't there?

I can't believe anybody that thinks following a football team is kicking people and patio furniture around is OK, are those that think it's OK monumentally stupid?

I'm glad FIFA and UEFA are threatening and fining Associations as this behaviour is not acceptable on any level anywhere at any time.

I'll be honest, I'm not entire sure where THM is going with this either. Pity as it seems his MO of late.

And?

I am really $#@!ing struggling to understand your point.

Because England weren't thrown out....what?

It came across in your post, that we don't often cause trouble at England matches. The list above differs from that.

My point is, we have a continuos history of violence at England matches and we have never been thrown out. We were threatened once and the head of the England football supporters club complained, that it wasn't right to kick out the England team for the behaviour of a few.

As far as I'm aware, no national team have been sent home from the European championships, for the behaviour of their supporters. By that logic, with our history of England crowd trouble, I'ts a bit rich us taking the high ground and moaning about Russian fans and wanting them to get kicked out. We were causing lots of trouble too and just because we came out worse, I can't see the point about moaning about it,, as if we weren't causing trouble too!

Back