• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 watch

I'm not really fussed by it. I don't expect us to win the competition but it could be a valuable learning experience for some exceptionally talented young players.

We do lack experience, but fuck it. Cahill is nothing special and Stones is. Smalling finally becoming the player SAF saw.

The 'fuck it, let's go for it' approach does appeal to me.

The problem is there's absolutely no chance Woy will do that.

Indeed SW. I'm sick of cautious crap. Let's fuck caution
That front 6 is quality. Absolutely quality.
Sub Kane out for Wilshire or Carrick in the bigger games.

Push Rooney further up, supported by Ali Barkley and Sterling.

Fluidity.

I like the 'fuck it' approach too.

Hart

Clyne
Stones
Smalling
Shaw

Dier
Carrick

Barkley
Alli
Sterling

Kane

With Vardy, Rooney, Ox, Walcott and Wilshere to come on that is some exciting forward players we have. Delph and Milner can cover the centre of midfield and Trippier, Baines and Cahill can cover the defensive positions.

Hart Forster Butland

Clyne Stones Smalling Shaw* Dier Cahill Bertrand

Wilshere* Milner Carrick Sterling Barkley Alli Walcott Chamberlain Lallana

Kane Vardy Wellbeck* Rooney

* big doubts over these 3 injury wise. I'd go with Baines, Zaha and Sturridge if he's fit.

We do lack experience, but $#@! it. Cahill is nothing special and Stones is. Smalling finally becoming the player SAF saw.

We've gone into tournaments with bags of experience and been shite in pretty much all of them. Fuck it I say lets go for it.

I wouldn't risk either Welbeck or Sturridge. Too injury prone in my opinion.

I'm a massive fan of Carrick but he has declined massively in the last year. I'd have him in the squad as a senior figure mind, but wouldn't start him.

I liked the approach against France, this would be my side at the moment

Hart

Clyne
Stones
Smalling
Shaw/Bertrand

Dier
Alli
Barkley

Rooney
Kane
Sterling

I think Milner, Henderson and Cahill are all certs to start though

I'm a massive fan of Carrick but he has declined massively in the last year. I'd have him in the squad as a senior figure mind, but wouldn't start him.

Hart

Clyne
Stones
Smalling
Shaw/Bertrand

Dier
Alli
Barkley

Rooney
Kane
Sterling

Sure I've read that team somewhere....!

No arguments for once from me, and agree re Carrick

Hart

Clyne
Stones
Smalling
Shaw/Bertrand

Dier
Alli
Barkley

Rooney
Kane
Sterling

Wouldn't disagree with any of that, to be honest. I'd probably have Walcott and Sterling either side of Kane (meaning Rooney and Vardy miss out on starts), but I can see Rooney being shoe-horned out on to the right.

--Sterling---Kane---Rooney--
--------Barkley-Alli-----------
--------------Dier-------------
Baines-Smalling-Stones-Clyne
--------------Hart--------------

Barkley/Alli to drop in alongside Dier when we don't have the ball, and Rooney/Sterling to drop in leaving Kane up top by himself. Vardy + Walcott are two great options to have off the bench against tiring legs.

The likes of Henderson, Milner, Carrick etc have had their chance and should take a back seat, IMO. But I'd agree, all three will probably feature heavily.

Why are we shoehorning Rooney in. He isn't a winger and doesn't have the pace to play there. He plays up top or not at all for me and Kane and Vardy would both be ahead of him for me.

Hart
Clyne stones smalling baines
Dier
Barkley alli
Ox kane sterling

He's not. He's been better in the past month or so but I wouldn't be shoehorning him in wide. He's got nothing in his game for playing out there.

I've added Lingard in the OP along with Deeney who's more than worth considering.

Yeah rooney is not the player he used to be..lost a bit of pace and i dont think he fits as a nr 10 like many commentators/experts do

I'd have Rooney in the team. He played well as a right sided forward, I know it was just a friendly but I think it can work. I don't think we should underestimate his role as captain either - he is clearly well liked and respected.

Back