• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 watch

No point playing wide players really, Sterling is the only proper one in the squad and he's been absolutely wank for most of the season, much more options vying for the forward places and central midfield so use a formation to get more of them in.

I'd probably go for a bit of a diamond, Dier holding, Drinkwater and Barkley in the middle with Alli more attacking, or could potentially sacrifice one of them to bring Welbeck/Sturridge in and make it a 433 but they aren't going to be guaranteed anything so soon after their injuries.

I think Roy will go with a diamond or 433. Either way it will be quite narrow.

Carrick not in the squad either, over for him too I guess.

I think Roy will go with a diamond or 433. Either way it will be quite narrow.

I think he might go 4-2-3-1 with Barkley, Alli and Sterling as the 3 behind Kane. I think Vardy may come on if there is a 2 up front change in the second half to a diamond but can't see Woy going 4-3-3 with Kane, Welbeck and Vardy up top, that may be too narrow even for him.

An incredibly strange international career. 34 caps across 14 years and played one game at a tournament.

Big fan of him as a player and think he has been criminally overlooked at times but I think it's probably right to leave him out now.

If those kits are real they are hideous, why have England got red socks and sky blue sleeves on the home kit.

https://twitter.com/stanjames/status/710472954405117952/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Blue socks with a red kit too! How hard can it be to come up with a reasonable looking kit? The ones produced by Nike have been awful whereas the same manufacturer managed to produce a great looking shirt for France two years ago. I guess its the buffoons at the FA who are making the choice.

CdvwvQMWEAILBl5.png

Danny Rose can fuck off.

I suspect that is Baines' England career over.

Apart from a couple of decent games in the qualifiers for Brazil 2014 he has done precious little in an England shirt. I'm surprised that Jagielka is still around the squad too.

Danny Rose has played well this season in a difficult role for Spurs. Not the best defender and I'd probably prefer Cresswell but I can see why he's been called up.

I think he's a horrendous defender. An incredibly stupid footballer. I'd rather have Charlie Daniels let alone Cresswell.

Goes without saying that Shaw is a huge loss (and it now looks virtually certain he isn't going to be back in time).

Sturridge doesn't warrant being in that squad, aside from there being a lack of options.
Baines was behind cashley for too long, then injury affected him at the wrong time. Shame, as always liked him as a player, and great with a dead ball too.
If Welbeck is fit, then imo a front 3 of Vardy, Kane & Welbeck is probably the strongest and most mobile attack we have.

https://twitter.com/stanjames/status/710472954405117952/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Blue socks with a red kit too! How hard can it be to come up with a reasonable looking kit? The ones produced by Nike have been awful whereas the same manufacturer managed to produce a great looking shirt for France two years ago. I guess its the buffoons at the FA who are making the choice.

In isolation the shirt is ok and better than its predecessor but the white shorts/red socks ruin it.

Apparently the combination celebrates the 'famous' win over Brazil in the Maracana in 1984 when John Barnes scored the goal that secured his international career when England wore and red aocks.

It was a friendly ffs not the World Cup Final

Roy seems to think Shaw still has a chance. I hope so as he's our best option when fit by a mile. Don't see how he can go if he doesn't play between now and the end of the season though - same goes for Wilshere and Rooney.

When Utd included him in their Europa League squad a few weeks ago the talk was he'd be back at the end of the season.

I'd be tempted to include Carroll if he's fit as a lot of teams just can't cope with his physicality.

I'd be tempted to include Carroll if he's fit as a lot of teams just can't cope with his physicality.

There's little doubt England have good options up front so any player not physically 100% shouldn't be considered no matter the name on the back of the shirt.

There's little doubt England have good options up front so any player not physically 100% shouldn't be considered no matter the name on the back of the shirt.

I don't understand your point.

Totally different game, international football. Carroll wouldn't get away with being as physical as he does in the premier league. Foreign referees would have a field of a day with him.

Totally different game, international football. Carroll wouldn't get away with being as physical as he does in the premier league. Foreign referees would have a field of a day with him.

He's done alright for England to date without referees imploding.

My point is there are more quality strikers than places available so make sure we take those who are fit rather than any particular favourites.

That's a bit bland isn't it? Should we take Afobe, Deeney and David Nugent because they're fit? Or do we take the best available strikers that are currently in form and international class?

That would be Vardy, Kane, Welbeck with Carroll going as an alternative in my squad. I wouldn't take Rooney or Walcott.

Back