• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 watch

I think Dier will go. Can play right back, centre half or defensive midfield, basically he's replacing Jones who is never fit and isn't as good in any of those positions.

Roy loves Henderson for some reason.

Despite him never having played very well for him! He will take Carrick too I reckon, who definitely shouldn't go now as big a fan as I've been of his. Might bring experience I guessin a young squad but think it's over for him.

Henderson and Milner if fit will undoubtedly start, which is shocking.

Who do you think will miss out mate?

Personally, I'm worried he will take bigger names who haven't performed as well when likes of Dier, Drinkwater etc deserve to go

I agree with you. I can see the likes of Carrick, Welbeck, jagielka, oxlade chamberlain all struggling. For the first time we have an actual pool to choose from. Also the likes of Delph and Shelvy who've played all through qualifying won't go

Despite him never having played very well for him! He will take Carrick too I reckon, who definitely shouldn't go now as big a fan as I've been of his. Might bring experience I guessin a young squad but think it's over for him.

Henderson and Milner if fit will undoubtedly start, which is shocking.

See id take Carrick purely for his nous and experience as id pick a very young team.

I agree, I think Milner, Henderson, Wilshire if he gets fit will all go ahead of Drinkwater, Nolan and Dier who deserve to he there based on their form this season. Lingard getting called up after a couple of decent games tells you all you need to know about the big club bias that still exists when it comes to picking England squads.

Nolan?

See id take Carrick purely for his nous and experience as id pick a very young team.

I can see him going for just that - wouldn't play him though. I would much rather he went than Milner, who is a cert to go despite his limitations. Agree there is a much bigger pool. We don't have the quality of Germany, Spain or even France but I do think we should be going there and playing some attacking football.

Dont get the hatred for Milner. He's got some quality on the ball and does all the other less glamorous aspects off the ball.

His reputation is dented because of his ability to play in various positions and playing on the right ahead of other flair players. He's what Henderson is trying to be, but he's better at it and has more experience.

Milner's had a decent enough season for Liverpool, nothing spectacular but you're never going to get that from him. Miles better than Henderson anyway.

Milner has had a decent season plus he can play wide and at RB if absolutely necessary. I'd take him.

Welbeck should go if fit - he looks pretty sharp for Arsenal and he's the most like for like with Kane who I feel has to start be it 4-3-3 or 1 up top.

Carrick was in my squad but I'm not sure I'd take him now - Wilshere, Dier, Milner, Drinkwater, Alli, Barkley can all play DM and all are ahead of him. Henderson shouldn't be anywhere near.

If those kits are real they are hideous, why have England got red socks and sky blue sleeves on the home kit.

CdvwvQMWEAILBl5.png

Danny Rose can fuck off.

I suspect that is Baines' England career over.

I quite like that squad, perhaps a bit light on (successful) big game experience

--------------------Hart-------------------

Clyne--------Smalling---Stones-----Bertrand

-------------Dier-------Drinkwater--------

-------Sterling-----Alli------Welbeck------

--------------------Kane---------------------

Sturridge is made of crackers, snaps with the slightest contact. He shouldn't be anywhere near an England squad till he proves he can stay fit

Deutsch - You know very well that Henderson will be in ahead of Drinkwater.

I'd have Barkley over Sterling every day of the week.

Back