• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 watch

Ugh. I switch over for the second half to find that prick on co-commentary.

Back to the darts.

He said in the first half that Carrick should pick the ball up from the keeper and the centre halves should split.

1) It's not 1994 Glenn, update your coaching manuals.

2) Exactly how many players would you like us to have on restarts 30 yards from our own goal? Any advance on six?

England not being outplayed without creating a lot. Some promising positions but a lack of quality at times.

We've played pretty well. We're missing Wilshere, Baines, Shaw, Jagielka, Milner, Walcott, Rooney, Vardy, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sturridge and Welbeck tonight, it's more or less a B team and they've done ok.

Done ok no more tho, really have to ask what Michael Carrick does at times?

He's never going to be flashy. As I say we're missing so many players there it's hard to draw a conclusion - which is a shame as these games were drawn up so we could see where we were.

This is the team I picked at the top of the thread:

----------------Hart-----------------

Clyne----Smalling---Stones----Shaw

-------Milner--Carrick--Wilshere-----

------Sterling--Rooney--Welbeck----

Four started tonight.

Lingard called up for the France game. Seems a couple of half decent games for Man Utd still gets you in, whereas spend 3-4 years performing excellently for the likes of Southampton and Palace as Jason Puncheon has, and no dice.

Poor isn't it. Delph and Jones had no business being in the squad in my opinion either, whereas Scott Dann (and until his injuries this season Shawcross would be another example) who has been excellent isn't under consideration.

I guess managers place too much stock in the teams they come from? (More familiarity with other players in the squad, training/competition to a higher level, etc?)

Or is it simply a case that the name/face doesn't fit?

It's always been the way, look how quickly the likes of Heskey, Butt and Phil Neville disappeared from England squads as soon as they left United/Liverpool.

Hart

Clyne
Stones
Cahill
Gibbs

Dier
Alli
Barkley

Rooney
Sterling
Kane

Denmark started much the brighter against Sweden, nearly found themselves in front just as Kallstrom rattled his own bar with a weird attempted clearance as the ball seemed to be harmlessly trickling through the box.

Yeah we are lucky so far to be equal, told you i was nervous about this game with two defs injured and would have liked ekdal in the team also

Plenty of competition for spaces now after Alli and Dier's performances last night and their continued excellence at club level. They'd both be on the plane for me if we were going tomorrow.

I'd have thought Dier is a racing certainty now unless his form tanks. He can cover three positions and not really in a half arsed cop out way either. If he goes (he should) then we don't need Jones to be a worse version of the same thing, so win win.

As I said on the Live thread I will be absolutely fuming if Henderson walks back in ahead of Alli now when he's fit. He's never had a single good game in an England shirt.

I'd have thought Dier is a racing certainty now unless his form tanks. He can cover three positions and not really in a half arsed cop out way either. If he goes (he should) then we don't need Jones to be a worse version of the same thing, so win win.

As I said on the Live thread I will be absolutely fuming if Henderson walks back in ahead of Alli now when he's fit. He's never had a single good game in an England shirt.

I do not disagree with you, but I expect that Henderson will be back in the team.

I imagine Milner and Henderson will walk back into the team. Unfortunately

Drinkwater really needs to be considered. He's excellent.

Was thinking that last night, he's certainly earned a chance to be considered.

Back