• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2020

First tournament squad we've picked where everyone was born in 1990 or later. Although Kyle Walker and Jordan Henderson will turn 31 inside the next month.

Jude Bellingham was born after I graduated from uni, FFS.

Upson and Mills leaving Coady out on SSN but instead take Ben White and 4 RBs. I could argue 3 RBs as Walker would most likely play RCB in a 3 but 4 would just be ridiculous.

They also left Coady out in favour of White because "England will need a CB capable of playing in a back three incase Maguire isn't fully fit"...what planet are they on - of all the arguments to make.

Bin: Ramsdale TAA James Coady Lingard Mings Watkins

Mings will bloody go though.

Just got round to having a proper look at the squad.

I'd leave out - Ramsdale, James, Godfrey, Phillips, Ward-Prowse, Greenwood, Watkins.

IMG-20210526-182948.jpg

IMG-20210526-183001.jpg

From those listed as forwards I'd take Greenwood over Sancho, Watkins, Lingard and Saka. Best finisher we have behind Kane.

Rumours Greasy isn't fit, Villa just played him to try and show he was

question marks over grealish, maguire and henderson. none are match fit. there's an argument that none of them could/should go.

Downright bizarre to see Upamecano playing for the U21s here. Deschamps is a dolt, no matter how well they end up doing.

Vitinha starts as one of the 2 in a 41212 or at least that's how Fotmob show it. Cutrone dropped to the bench

Athletic reporting JWP being left out, given they seem to have the provisional squad completely leaked it’s fair to say it’s very likely.

Think its a travesty re. TAA. He was deservedly dropped before the last squad but on form was one of the best players in the League for the final 7/8.

But James was outstanding in a Champions League final two days ago, and Walker is always going to go in case we go to a back three and he can play RCH.

Essentially it's not going to make much odds. He wasn't going to play anyway. Ken isn't the manager so we aren't going to sub a RB on with 10 minutes to go.

Kid can't defend anyway. If we're playing 4 at the back then we primarily need a RB that can defend. Crossing like Beckham is lovely and all but it's not his proper job.

I’d take him (over trippier), but it’s almost worth not taking him to see the meltdowns on twitter.

As I mentioned last week, Southgate will stick with players who haven't ever let him down. Other than getting himself banned for gambling, Trippier fits into that bracket. He's as good as Trent on dead balls too.

I don't think we really need to take three RBs tbh but it matters less in a squad of 26.

That’s a big ‘other than’ there.. getting banned for half the season is a heck of a -‘ve.

TAA offers (or will offer in the future) more flexibility I think. He can/could play CM or RM. Probably should play CM perhaps going forward.

I guess Tripper takes the role of 3rd choice on either side

Back