• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton 1-3 Wolves: The Verdict

Doc and Jota close on that front, both excellent, no-one had a bad game (in fact Costa looked decent when he came on which was nice to see).

Agree with all you said - but what was it that Costa did that rates him a “decent”? I didn’t think he achieved anything at all, apart from losing the ball a few times and half heartedly closing down?

Apart from that, fantastic, almost comfortable win, Donk was fantastic and our front two are a hell of a partnership!

Oh, and I was telling my son to watch out shape when we defend, it’s fantastic and so hard to break down - the number of times Everton had to go back to the full backs, back to the centre backs and achieve nothing was fantastic.

I was a bit apprehensive before kick off when i saw who the ref was, but to be fair he seemed to lean a bit more to us than in previous encounters. Well done that man !

Great game. Lovely looking table.

Relatively comfortable win. Everton really looked like they would put something together for a while, but shrunk as the game went on.

Really think we’re closer to the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal than we’re to Everton etc. We bossed that today and 3-1 was a flattering result for Everton. Absolute must in the summer is the Donk and Raul in permanently.

Really think we’re closer to the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal than we’re to Everton etc. We bossed that today and 3-1 was a flattering result for Everton. Absolute must in the summer is the Donk and Raul in permanently.

How does anyone that’s a wolves fan not know Donk signed permanently? It’s been mentioned about a million times on TWF alone.

Agree with all you said - but what was it that Costa did that rates him a “decent”? I didn’t think he achieved anything at all, apart from losing the ball a few times and half heartedly closing down?

Really? I'm not sure he gave it away at all! Linked the play well, always an outlet, strong run to the edge of the box from halfway, didn't fall over under pressure as he has been doing, in fact we looked no different with him on the pitch than when Jota was playing.

Not saying that this vindicates him or anything, it was a small cameo in a game that we'd more or less already won. But he was much better than he was at Shrewsbury last week, this is a good thing.

Fair enough - I’d call that generous in the extreme, I hope you apply the same generosity to other, unnamed wolves players!

It is A takeaway, clearly not the only one.

Haven't been able to get home to watch highlights yet.

Each to their own but not sure why your first thought at the end of a game that you haven't watched - and even then, you'll know it's a superb result just on face value - is to bang on about one player not getting a token few minutes over another.

Meh, I'm not going to squabble with you. I'm sure Cav is just fine, like everyone else in the squad.

Game in a nutshell for me was when Dendoncker lost the ball and immediately went and got it back. Our team are so focused at the moment. We look class in every position. Such a difference from that opening game of the season. We just about held our own then; we look like we're in a different league now. Delighted Donck has scored, too.

Game in a nutshell for me was when Dendoncker lost the ball and immediately went and got it back. Our team are so focused at the moment. We look class in every position. Such a difference from that opening game of the season. We just about held our own then; we look like we're in a different league now. Delighted Donck has scored, too.

Indeed. Imagine walking out after the opening game and saying "in six months we'll be five points above Everton". I'd have had you sectioned.

Good day out, comfortable win. Donk and Moutinho were so good. How has this guy only just got in the team??

Doc was great. First 20 mins was unreal. The front two a threat all game. Defence solid. Perfect performance.

It is A takeaway, clearly not the only one.

Haven't been able to get home to watch highlights yet.

Each to their own but not sure why your first thought at the end of a game that you haven't watched - and even then, you'll know it's a superb result just on face value - is to bang on about one player not getting a token few minutes over another.

Meh, I'm not going to squabble with you. I'm sure Cav is just fine, like everyone else in the squad.

I’m sure the other 2 were bought on for pace over the top on the release ball. Not rocket science.

We've taken more points in the last 11 games than man city & arsenal

No squabbling necessary, it's merely something I don't understand and I have to imagine Cav doesn't quite, either.

That the result is superb really goes without saying.

To think, without that blip we would’ve been challenging for that final Champions League spot.

I absolutely love Donk. Him coming in to the 11 has just made everything else click. He won’t get the headlines or appreciation from other fans or the media like, say Neves, but he’s the perfect fit for that role. Love the bloke.

How does anyone that’s a wolves fan not know Donk signed permanently? It’s been mentioned about a million times on TWF alone.

Despite what Thelwell said, he hasn’t yet, but obviously will in the summer, so all a bit irrelevant.

I’m sure Raul is all but done too.

I absolutely love Donk. Him coming in to the 11 has just made everything else click. He won’t get the headlines or appreciation from other fans or the media like, say Neves, but he’s the perfect fit for that role. Love the bloke.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Donck has made good players around him look great. He was the MOTM for me today. I was pleased with his patient attitude in September through November. Now I'm impressed with his ability and composure. A great addition to the sqad.

Back