• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton Verdict Thread

Who decide what is shite chat and what is not?
Other posters, that's what a forum is for. No issue with attacking the post, but not the poster imv. "That's bollocks" is fine, "you are a twat" isn't

Other posters, that's what a forum is for. No issue with attacking the post, but not the poster imv. "That's bollocks" is fine, "you are a twat" isn't

So basically if a forum’s members all have similar opinion then anyone with a differing opinion has no chance as they’ll have the rest of the forum telling them they talk bollocks?

But the forum's members don't all have a singular hive mind, that is a load of rubbish.

This is a general opinion and not addressed at anyone in particular. It's not a matter of being in a "safe" space, if you think someone's opinion is "bollocks", state your opinion on why you think they're wrong and/or what your idea of a "non bollocks" opinion is and move on. I personally could care less about insults or anyones opinion of me, much less internet strangers with nothing in common apart from supporting the same club, but its just getting tiresome. This constant need to argue and bicker and make constant personal attacks over peoples opinions in order to prove your opinion is "right" is ridiculous. If you are not in a right mental state or you are having problems at home there are chatlines, support groups etc and better ways to deal with your problems. Send me a private message and ill be happy to listen and provide any advice I can.

So basically if a forum’s members all have similar opinion then anyone with a differing opinion has no chance as they’ll have the rest of the forum telling them they talk bollocks?

That's how it works. For instance, Monstrum got put in his place when he said Serie A players aren't suited for the PL. Patently bollocks and the responses proved that with actual facts.

His subsequent victimhood post above is him complaining he got his arse handed to him but I would defend his right to post away.

He and others are not entitled to write whatever they like and complain about having their arse handed to them though.

Well, there are 40? regular posters on here. If 39 disagree with you the chances are yes it's bollocks. If you can demonstrate it's clearly rubbish as you can constantly with one person who's commented recently then why shouldn't you? If someone calls MGW "diabolical" should that just be accepted without challenge?

This is a general opinion and not addressed at anyone in particular. It's not a matter of being in a "safe" space, if you think someone's opinion is "bollocks", state your opinion on why you think they're wrong and/or what your idea of a "non bollocks" opinion is and move on. I personally could care less about insults or anyones opinion of me, much less internet strangers with nothing in common apart from supporting the same club, but its just getting tiresome. This constant need to argue and bicker and make constant personal attacks over peoples opinions in order to prove your opinion is "right" is ridiculous. If you are not in a right mental state or you are having problems at home there are chatlines, support groups etc and better ways to deal with your problems. Send me a private message and ill be happy to listen and provide any advice I can.

WTF?

This is a general opinion and not addressed at anyone in particular. It's not a matter of being in a "safe" space, if you think someone's opinion is "bollocks", state your opinion on why you think they're wrong and/or what your idea of a "non bollocks" opinion is and move on.

To be fair, on points of players opinions you give, most have responded as you would expect (the tone when disagreeing is never going to be a nice one as no one wants to read someone telling them they are talking crap). The times people have jumped on your posts and called you a few names is when you started using terms that were unacceptable

That's how it works. For instance, Monstrum got put in his place when he said Serie A players aren't suited for the PL. Patently bollocks and the responses proved that with actual facts.

His subsequent victimhood post above is him complaining he got his arse handed to him but I would defend his right to post away.

He and others are not entitled to write whatever they like and complain about having their arse handed to them though.

I haven’t seen it, but there is no concrete evidence to prove that players from Serie A are suited to or not suited to the Premier League, it’s just opinion.

I haven’t seen it, but there is no concrete evidence to prove that players from Serie A are suited to or not suited to the Premier League, it’s just opinion.

It's been done before but Vialli, Zola and Ravanelli's records say otherwise.

And foreign lads who moved from Serie A include Henry and Coutinho. They did OK too.

"don't be a dick"

real hard concept for the forum to grasp, apparently

Or the internet in general

Three players from 25 years ago is me getting "my arse handed to me". Nevermind the 90% of players who starred in seria a and flopped in england. Btw henry and coutinho are poor examples, they flopped in seria a and shone in the premier league.
Again we are discussing opinions. Nobody is trying to covert you to their cult.

Three players from 25 years ago is me getting "my arse handed to me". Nevermind the 90% of players who starred in seria a and flopped in england. Btw henry and coutinho are poor examples, they flopped in seria a and shone in the premier league.

Not again. You can't argue with those players records. Period. It isn't an opinion it is a fact.

I'll bite, who has been successful in serie a and flopped in the PL?

Likewise, who are the outliers in your theory?

Sorry, I am late to this but
Vialli,
Cudicini
Di Canio
Zola
De Matteo

Off the top of my head have done pretty well for themselves here.

Back