• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd] Liverpool 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

giphy.gif

Two liverpool fans punditing on MOTD and they both say that Salahs should have been disallowed and the Toti goal couldn’t be proved to be off. Says it all.

What's the inference? He's telling the linesman to flag?

It's great to have multiple formation options in which the players look well drilled. It doesn't always work shifting mid-game but at least the potential to be dynamic is there. 442 looked good tonight I thought, would be nice to see it with a few different front 2 combinations and Neves and Nunes finally as the pivot.

Looking at the footage again on MOTD. When the goal goes in the the linesman doesn’t initially flag, he starts to move towards the half way line and then the picture cuts off.

There’s a reverse angle shot out there from the linesman’s side of the pitch at the exact moment Hwang headed the ball. Mattheus is a yard onside.

To have a rule interpretation that allows Salah's goal to stand is completely against the spirit of the game. It's utter garbage! Basically the rule is saying to defenders, don't defend! Also, as chappie on MOTD just said they've not consistently implemented that rule this season. In other words, if that was our player in an offside position, as Salah was, it would have been chalked off. Same goes for our winner. Linesmen are told not to raise their flag and let VAR decide. Yet linesman raises his flag, VAR loses a camera and so it's chalked off. If it was Liverpool, it'd be a goal. We all know that. The game has gone. Fuck 'em. We were absolutely fantastic to a man. Special mentions to Hodge, Lembikisa, RAN and Neves. They were superb. I wasn't bothered about the FA Cup prior to today's game, for obvious reasons. First time in my long Wolves supporting life that I've felt like that. I couldn't feel more differently now! We owe it to football to dump them out of the cup at Molineux. So proud of the old gold tonight.

Atrocious officiating on multiple counts - don't let it detract from how thoroughly excellent we were, with 9 changes, and how much more positive it all looks compared to just a few weeks ago.

We're playing good football, we look organised and well drilled, we carry a genuine threat and we'll only get better. We're going to be fine under Julen, make no mistake.

Can't stand Guedes in general but his best game for us by far. Adama playing in his Boro role was good and actually dangerous. RAN a bit of a revelation further forward. Hodge looked like he belonged for the first time, Dexter tremendous on his first start.

Neves was magnificent, enjoy him while we have him, please.

We've got our club back. It underlines how fucking WANK Lage was but never mind.

This is the point we out played Liverpool second half with a scratch side.
The whole football world knows we were robbed tonight we should be talking about a famous win. So fucking angry at the attitude of “deal with the guess work because you’re wolves” oh but a Liverpool goal “clearly onside”

One goal has clear technology in operation where another doesn’t because of “ so called angles” yet this is one of the worlds biggest clubs. It’s an utter shambles and just stinks of people making stuff as they go along.

Toti was the only player standing ahead of the defenders any point in the build up but if he was flagged then it was wrong (I think). If Nunes was flagged then it was wrong.

It would be nice if the officials could clarify who was given offside and when.

Attachments

• 63073720-E9EA-4E8B-8454-CAB83BEA6AAF.jpeg
    63073720-E9EA-4E8B-8454-CAB83BEA6AAF.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 14
The officials said it was Nunes from the Hwang header but they couldn’t prove it was wrong so stuck with the onfield incorrect decision.

Anfield having insufficient cameras to run VAR properly or Mike Dean “breaking” the camera with the definitive proof are the scandals here.

you almost have to forget most of what you instinctively know is right to understand some of the refereeing and their attempts to justify their shitness. it’s so clear that they have little feel for the game and hardly any more interest in getting to the right decision.

Back