• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd] Liverpool 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I know every fan of every team complains that referee decisions have gone against them , but man we seem to be on the rough end of bad refereeing on a regular basis.

Either:
1. Referees are universally shit and we are unlucky getting some bad decisions from some of the shittest, or

2. Some of the play acting from the likes of Podence is making referees think twice about giving us a decision because they think we are trying to con them.

Number 2 doesn't explain the crappy offside decision, of course, but may play into the non-penalty decisions. Personally, I think it is more likely number 1. Most referees are fucking crap and in thrall to the 'big' clubs.

As others have said, there’s an irony that with VAR last night we’d have ended up winning that match.

Julen has highlighted the shite decisions in his press conferences after both games and that’s ultimately all he can keep doing.
I don't understand how that's irony.

We weren't shafted by VAR on Saturday. Like last night we were shafted by shit officials.

No doubt we've been on the end of a couple in the last 2 games and I'm not one for they even themselves out, because even if they do situationally some decisions are more important than others. All that said fans understandably underplay ones that go for them. See Collins handball against Utd at 0 0 which could have been a penalty as an example. We've had 2 penalties at the NB end this season given for incidents like that.

Don't particularly want to discuss a decision from a fortnight ago in any detail, but one of us needs new glasses

I think you are putting too much trust in VAR to say that it would have given the penalty. The ref had a very good view and didn't give it. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they'd upheld his decision
Agreed. They'd have probably ended up siding with the on field decision IMO. It looked a bit soft in real time as Nunes seemed to go down pretty easy and he wasn't in possession of the ball. The replays showed different but that doesn't mean VAR will necessarily overrule it. Even though I think it should have been given they probably wouldn't knowing our luck at the minute.

No doubt we've been on the end of a couple in the last 2 games and I'm not one for they even themselves out, because even if they do situationally some decisions are more important than others. All that said fans understandably underplay ones that go for them. See Collins handball against Utd at 0 0 which could have been a penalty as an example. We've had 2 penalties at the NB end this season given for incidents like that.

Hwang being booked and not a red I’d throw in there.

We’ve been shafted last couple of games. Just rotten look and crap officiating etc.

No need for conspiracy theories.

Is it still the case that you can't include new players in a replay that were not registered before the original tie?

Back