• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd] Liverpool 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

He should have kept his flag down and left it to VAR to rule it out.
This is just silly. If he thinks it’s offside he needs to give offside.

99.99999% of the time this mistake is corrected and it doesn’t matter (as he did it after play is over as instructed) and we don’t even talk about it like all the other offside decisions that are reversed and the goal is given.

This is just silly. If he thinks it’s offside he needs to give offside.

99.99999% of the time this mistake is corrected and it doesn’t matter (as he did it after play is over as instructed) and we don’t even talk about it like all the other offside decisions that are reversed and the goal is given.
This is wrong. Officials can't just go round thinking they may be right. They have to be sure.

The assumption is to give the goal and then ask the linesman their opinion. If they can't be sure they can't give offside.

Otherwise you're just letting people guess their way through games and that's never been the way.

This is wrong. Officials can't just go round thinking they may be right. They have to be sure.

The assumption is to give the goal and then ask the linesman their opinion. If they can't be sure they can't give offside.

Otherwise you're just letting people guess their way through games and that's never been the way.
How do you know he wasn’t sure?

What your suggesting is making no decisions and let technology sort it out afterwards.

How do you know he wasn’t sure?

What your suggesting is making no decisions and let technology sort it out afterwards.
As the linesman, by his own admission, couldn't see Nunes or Hwang head the ball there was no way he could be sure.

And no I'm not suggesting technology sort it out at all. You're reading something I haven't written.

I'm saying the laws of physics mean he can't be "sure" Nunes is offside, unless he has eyes like Marty Feldman (a reference for all the kids there).

You can dismiss the idea of there being a conspiracy and he guessed and guessed badly, which is fine (probably nearer where I am) or you can reasonably ask why the flag doesn't go up as soon as the ball hits the net, what the ref is saying to the linesman and why the pictures we've all seen since weren't available.

As the linesman, by his own admission, couldn't see Nunes or Hwang head the ball there was no way he could be sure.
Where had this been said?
And no I'm not suggesting technology sort it out at all. You're reading something I haven't written.
You’re saying he shouldn’t flag unless he is sure. You don’t know he wasn’t sure (I doubt they’d ever put their house on any tight decision).

I think it’s a shit decision but he didn’t just make it up. He thought he saw it was offside and flagged. Same as he would for any other decision. He just got this wrong and the camera situation is a farce.

Yep, the bonkers thing is the conspiracy theory not that we were completely fucked over by a bunch of incompetents.

It might not be outright corruption or intentional bias but they definitely have unconscious bias.
This is where I am, unintentional bias and a big fuckup with the decision.
Don't see anything wrong with Wolves sending the F.A. evidence of incompetence and questioning why VAR wasn't available for the incident, but that's as far as it should go imo.

Wolves fans are coming across weird with all the conspiracy nonsense.
The only thing is these wild mistakes don't happen in isolation. Just in the last 18 months (and this isn't an exhaustive list) you've had this, Moutinho's "handball" at City (of course, we lost 1-0) and Pogba's non-foul on Neves which led directly to a goal (of course, we lost 1-0). VAR should have easily overruled all of those decisions as they were obviously, unequivocally wrong. Instead none of them were overturned. They all happened against arguably the three biggest clubs in the league.

I don't blame people for asking questions, of course some will take it waaaaaaay too far but that applies to every club, as football fans gonna football fan.

A large section of Arsenal fans hilariously think there's a 20+ year refereeing conspiracy against them if you want to go down a real weirdo rabbit hole! Extending to them thinking Martinelli shouldn't have been sent off against us last season and if he played for any other club then he wouldn't have been.

Last edited:
Pogba’s non-foul was preceded by Dan James’ two-footed lunge through Trincao in the box in the same game which also got conveniently overlooked.

And of course Pogba was sent off against Liverpool not long after for exactly the same challenge on Keita.

Dale is excellent on all things VAR.

It's just a shit decision. Wolves fans are coming across weird with all the conspiracy nonsense.
Dale likes to prove he's right. Excellent he certainly isn't.

Where had this been said?

You’re saying he shouldn’t flag unless he is sure. You don’t know he wasn’t sure (I doubt they’d ever put their house on any tight decision).

I think it’s a shit decision but he didn’t just make it up. He thought he saw it was offside and flagged. Same as he would for any other decision. He just got this wrong and the camera situation is a farce.
Allegedly telling Toti he was a little bit offside.

And yes I'm saying he shouldn't flag unless he's sure. There is no way he could see Nunes or Hwang so no way he could flag them offside.

As far as I know the offside on Toti was checked.

The only thing is these wild mistakes don't happen in isolation. Just in the last 18 months (and this isn't an exhaustive list) you've had this, Moutinho's "handball" at City (of course, we lost 1-0) and Pogba's non-foul on Neves which led directly to a goal (of course, we lost 1-0). VAR should have easily overruled all of those decisions as they were obviously, unequivocally wrong. Instead none of them were overturned. They all happened against arguably the three biggest clubs in the league.

I don't blame people for asking questions, of course some will take it waaaaaaay too far but that applies to every club, as football fans gonna football fan.

A large section of Arsenal fans hilariously think there's a 20+ year refereeing conspiracy against them if you want to go down a real weirdo rabbit hole! Extending to them thinking Martinelli shouldn't have been sent off against us last season and if he played for any other club then he wouldn't have been.
Further to this, when was the last time we got a decision similer to the ones DW pointed out above in our favour against a big 6 club?

There was a very obvious penalty handball by Collins vs Utd. 2 hands volleyball style

Allegedly telling Toti he was a little bit offside.
That’s got nothing to do with not seeing Hwang or Nunes?

As an aside we don’t know how true that is what’s been said to Toti. But, If that was the decision, they could check that and see it wasn’t and then give the goal. So the only way the goal would not be given is a wider conspiracy to find any reason not to give it to fuck wolves? Is this what your suggesting?
And yes I'm saying he shouldn't flag unless he's sure. There is no way he could see Nunes or Hwang so no way he could flag them offside.
I mean, he can see them, he’s just made a mistake.

I feel he’s made a mistake, and they can’t correct it because of the camera issue. It’s a farce but not a wider conspiracy.

Last edited:
That’s got nothing to do with not seeing Hwang or Nunes?

I mean, he can see them, he’s just made a mistake.

I feel he’s made a mistake,
Nope, he can't see them as TAA, Toti, Collins and assorted other players aren't transparent.

You think he's made a mistake and just like Dale you need to be right.

I've left out the conspirscy stuff as you're just being silly.

Back