• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd] Liverpool 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Nope, he can't see them as TAA, Toti, Collins and assorted other players aren't transparent.

You think he's made a mistake and just like Dale you need to be right.

I've left out the conspirscy stuff as you're just being silly.
I’m genuinely confused. I’ll leave it there

The lino suggesting Toti was the one offside is even worse.

He was just offside when Nunes fired the ball back across, but it was cleared away long before it got anywhere near to Toti so shouldn't have counted in any case. And he was a country mile onside for the actual goal strike so can't have been referring to that part.

The linesman didn't think Toti was "a little bit offside", neither did he make a mistake. He didn't flag at all and started walking back to the halfway line. He only flagged when he was instructed to by the ref.

Is there a wide spread level of corruption amongst PL refs and chiefs? Absolutely not if it was there it would take just one to have a conscious and reveal all and it all to fall apart.
To say unconscious bias doesn’t exist in football is very nieve, it exist everywhere in the world it’s not because people are bad or corrupt it’s just human nature unfortunately.
There’s no harm in asking the question why? On what happened on Saturday everyone deserves a clear explanation on why things didn’t work to aide referees in these incidents.
PGMOL do themselves zero favours by avoiding people to accuse them of corruption.
As a club we’ve probably experienced the worst set of inconsistencies since it was bought in.

The amount of people who think the offside counts the moment Collins heads the ball is unbelievable. Point being if the ball was headed forward by Collins and Hwang headed onwards the decision would only be counted from the moment Hwang heads the ball.

It would be a brilliant little case study for the likes of Shearer or Lineker to get stuck into for 10' on live tv, using the evidence that we can see...
Dean, VAR and refs etc need to be shown up, or at least when they miss something then VAR comes into its own and fixes it....
The whole fucking charade needs looking at, publically!
Interesting development on this...
You'll all know by now that Lop has written to the FA asking for an explanation on the rulings of the goals not being allowed.
Does anyone know if there is a history of them responding to these requests? I mean do they... ever?
Secondly, as we've seen on here, there are video clips available, and if we can access them the fucking FA should be able to access them, so.... if it can be CLEARLY established that the ref, the linesman AND VAR got it wrong.... where does that take us?
Are there any precidents for this?
Sure, they aren't going to give us the tie, which would be the most honest route, they aren't gonna replay it, and I doubt they're gonna hold their hands up and say, "Sorry Wolves, yes, we got that wrong!" because that way lies all sorts of problems.
So does anyone know of anything similar taking place?

It's happened a few times. Everton got a sorry for a penalty last season, still cost them a point though

At best, we'd get the ref not officiating our games for a little while perhaps 🤷‍♂️

You'll all know by now that Lop has written to the FA asking for an explanation on the rulings of the goals not being allowed.
Does anyone know if there is a history of them responding to these requests? I mean do they... ever?
Secondly, as we've seen on here, there are video clips available, and if we can access them the fucking FA should be able to access them, so.... if it can be CLEARLY established that the ref, the linesman AND VAR got it wrong.... where does that take us?
Sure, they aren't going to give us the tie, which would be the most honest route, they aren't gonna replay it, and I doubt they're gonna hold their hands up and say, "Sorry Wolves, yes, we got that wrong!" because that way lies all sorts of problems.
I’d imagine an apology.

Tie won’t be replayed due fixtures and there being a replay anyway

Can’t give us the tie as that wouldn’t be correct imo anyway. Although we would’ve been in the lead there is no guarantee we would’ve won .

We MIGHT get Dean off our games for a while if this shit show and aftermath annoys Howard Webb. I would take that.
I thought Dean had retired as a ref., then he turns up on VAR. He needs to go altogether and give everyone a break.

Personally I'd like to see former players and/or former managers be involved in VAR as this would change the perspective. and hopefully stop refs favouring refs.

Personally I'd like to see former players and/or former managers be involved in VAR as this would change the perspective. and hopefully stop refs favouring refs.
Knowing our luck we'd end up with a team of McManaman and Claridge :-(

The former players shit is not something I am a fan of. Sort of nonsense Alan Brazil comes out with.

How about properly qualified and properly neutral refs and other officials? At the moment they all seem to pray at the altar of PGMOL rather than act with neutrality. Its a closed shop look after our own problem that is the boil that needs to be lanced.

I don't understand why you need to have played the game or be an ex ref to understand the laws of the game to a qualified degree.
You don't, it's only the uneducated who say stuff like this.

Same folks who say 'x player will make a great coach/ manager'.

Like an electrician would be great at running the power grid.

Nor do I. Its something only pushed by ex players scrabbling around for a few quid on radio shows while choosing their next bugatti.

Or we'll get a succession of tossers in black who give us fuck all and all have a blindspot every time a Wolves player is run through the back of in the penalty area. Two in two games now but watch us concede a penalty for less on Saturday!

Or we'll get a succession of tossers in black who give us fuck all and all have a blindspot every time a Wolves player is run through the back of in the penalty area. Two in two games now but watch us concede a penalty for less on Saturday!
As others have said, there’s an irony that with VAR last night we’d have ended up winning that match.

Julen has highlighted the shite decisions in his press conferences after both games and that’s ultimately all he can keep doing.

Back