• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup Quarter-Final] Wolves 2-3 Coventry: Verdict Thread

The recipe was there for this to happen, key injuries for us, early kick off, big away following and an opponent with nothing to lose.
As well as GON has done he’s gone out of both cups to teams from a lower league.
What happens to the season now? Probably still don’t make Europe just not enough depth.
Neto was deemed fine last week but I’d still have rested him.
Looking at the sides left we probably weren’t getting past the SF anyway but tonight will just feel horrendous.

Question for how good our focus is in matches, we do seem to concede a lot of late goals. Apparently we have conceded 13 in the Prem in 76 to 90, most frequent period we concede. Two as well today.

That fucking Hurt, awful defending. At 2-1 see the game out we defended like schoolboys. It's fucking Coventry FFS

After Watford in 2019 there were fears we'd fall away especially when it was followed up by a limp 1-3 at Southampton.

I'm not sure we have the mentality to finish strongly after today nor the personnel missing the players we do so I'm expecting a properly damp squib to finish the season.

After Watford in 2019 there were fears we'd fall away especially when it was followed up by a limp 1-3 at Southampton.

I'm not sure we have the mentality to finish strongly after today nor the personnel missing the players we do so I'm expecting a properly damp squib to finish the season.
Tbf we've already over achieved massively this season.

Sooooo Wolvesy................but to be honest Cov were streets ahead of us, how we got ahead I'll never know.

Not bothered about missing a trip to Wembley cos its sheee-ite, but gutted to lose like that even tho thoroughly deserved.
This is on the head of the club, never in many years have I seen us so short of forward options.

Season feels like its over after that. Atmosphere was average from both sets of fans except for the goals.

But.................I'm still thrilled we beat the Albion.

Watching the last goal back, what the fuck is Mario Lemina doing? Just ball watching. Terrible from him, absolutely shite

Said before we don’t have enough to make Europe and we will do well to come top half with injuries.
I’d rather we just limped out 0-1 than go through the elation to desperation.
Means it’s not replayed as cup classic for years to come, and be constantly reminded of it every time we play in the cup from now on.
I was thinking at 2-1 that’s how you win competitions find a way when you’re not playing well.
Huge amount of mental weaknesses shown today. Didn’t deal with the pressure of being the favourites, didn’t cope with being ahead and didn’t cope with the disappointment of conceding an equaliser.

Too many of the big names who remained fit for today simply never turned up, and that includes the whole of the defence.
Sarabia, lemina, joao gomes, and even Ran, apart from a 10 minute purple spot, were just not at it.

24 shots conceded, 12 on target

Type of thing that was always going to catch up on us at some point, when we’ve got away with it several times this season

Shocking statistic.

Leaves you feeing totally empty.

Lemina and Gomes meant to be top Premier League CMs. I'd take several Cov players over ours to be honest. People who can run with the ball.

I know we had several top players missing , but still..............the gulf was embarrassing at times.

Back