• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup Quarter-Final] Wolves 2-3 Coventry: Verdict Thread

We don’t go to Wembley often simple being we either don’t make the play offs or we win the league when we go up, only 1 play off appearance in 20 years and none in 17 years.
Cup runs are a hard navigation so this is a real kick in the balls.

Can't add much to what has already been said but in the end I think we missed Dawson more than anyone. We certainly couldn't have been worse on their first two goals if he'd been playing.

I think missing Cunha and Neto has a huge impact on how we play. Everything goes out wide through the fullbacks and we become extremely predictable in possession. Not sure what the alternative is and unless Cunha and Neto play more than they don't between now and the end of the season I foresee a grim couple of months ahead.

GON further suggests that players will be out before the next league game assuming he means Neto, Hwang etc

Lemina had to play well today in view of the lack of star players available. For some reason he was poor. Cannot understand why we did not manage the game better at 2-1. The first Coventry goal should have been ruled out by the hapless ref. All incredibly depressing especially as my local best friend supports Coventry - who are playing very well in recent weeks.

Another FA Cup game consigned to the history books I’ll never watch back again.

At least I resisted singing "Que Sera, Sera“

Obviously it's hard to avoid hyperbole after a result like that but I'll try.
A PL club putting out a bench like that plus starting someone who at the moment isn't good enough to make a PL bench when they have 5 injuries speaks for itself, cba to elaborate further we all know what it is

There comes a point when playing a youngster is doing him more harm than good. I think we are there with Fraser now. Needs taking out of the firing line. I'm not going to go in on him as it's not his fault, but at the moment he's Fabio without the baggage.

All that said there is no excuse for the defending, pretty much from first minute to last, I've not seem any of the goals back so can't fingerpoint, but the number of times Kilman and Bueno let their man run off them was pitiful. We shouldn't, but we massively missed Dawson today.

The better team won, no two ways about that, but we'd got out of jail and have one foot in the semis. We are the PL team, we have the better players, you put your foot on it, keep possession and manage the game. Instead we dropped 5 yards and tried to defend the 6 yard box, rank bad game management.

MOTM Sa, by a mile.

I don't know if their first is handball or not, I don't really care. If it's not obvious after the first minute then give the fucking goal.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it is easy as explaining it like that.

Our players were up for it but Cov looked so much better in most departments. Of course, a Wolves with Neto and Cunha would have been different, but it was actually all too predictable. We have ground out some fantastic results this season, but against any ball playing team we struggle. Any wins have been backs against the wall where we simply score on the counterattack. Against teams we might be expected to beat, teams we have to take the game to the opposition, we are clueless.
This is a complete contradiction

There's a lot of negativity about that performance and rightly so and I want to pick up on some of the positives.
We won’t get smashed by Man City or Liverpool. Arsenal game won’t be midweek. Beyond that I’m struggling.

There's a lot of negativity about that performance and rightly so and I want to pick up on some of the positives.
No faffing around trying to sort out travel to London one positive.

From the game..

Sa - Has an injury but looks properly on it and looks like the keeper he should be. Managed to cut the daft shit from his game. Praise to Cutler for that.

Errr Clive T did a slam on Lopetegui in talking about why he left us and how he is still unemployed.

We won’t get smashed by Man City or Liverpool. Arsenal game won’t be midweek. Beyond that I’m struggling.
Neto and probably Hwang wouldn't have made the semi anyway...although you know Cov will draw Chelsea or Leicester

Back