• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup Quarter-Final] Wolves 2-3 Coventry: Verdict Thread

Saved myself money on trains, hotel and ticket for Wembley and also a week or more of saying I might not go as it's a worse away day than Gillingham or Rotherham, then going anyway.
Fancy a random meet up on Semi Final day. Watch some shit football then just ensure we go to the shittest pubs around?

Saved myself money on trains, hotel and ticket for Wembley and also a week or more of saying I might not go as it's a worse away day than Gillingham or Rotherham, then going anyway.
To be honest, Wembley is not a great day, compared to the Millenium Stadium at least. The surrounds are sheeite, the pubs crap. You get 30,000 for a Sf and only about 23000 (?) in any final.

I'm gutted to lose today but don't feel at all upset/angry about not getting to Wembley.

Fancy a random meet up on Semi Final day. Watch some shit football then just ensure we go to the shittest pubs around?

Pretty sure we're getting thumped by Arsenal that day but if you want to wait in McGhees for me, feel free x

All a bit grim wasn't it? Shocking defending, in fact terrible performance all round apart from 10 minutes. We know we have issues up front but from my first proper view of Fraser, he's just not ready, very slow, slow to react, touch not good enough. That's not a dig at him more the position we find ourselves in due to mismanagement.
Thought we looked better immediately Chiwome came on, he's much quicker and more athletic.
We couldn't believe we somehow were 2-1 up, thought we controlled it ok up until Chiwome and Lemina fucked up on the touchline leading to Coventrys second.
At no other time did we look in any control of the game and Coventry played well.
Sa motm and RAN looked the only one that could create anything.
I know Europe is pie in the sky but its the only thing for us to play for now.

No faffing around trying to sort out travel to London one positive.

From the game..

Sa - Has an injury but looks properly on it and looks like the keeper he should be. Managed to cut the daft shit from his game. Praise to Cutler for that.

Errr Clive T did a slam on Lopetegui in talking about why he left us and how he is still unemployed.
I thought Sa went down to enable a "team talk" as he's a player that wouldn't have to take a 30 second break for receiving treatment.

At least we didn't lose through lack of effort like we have through these situations in the past.

They did give everything today, and were out on their feet at the end.

I thought Sa went down to enable a "team talk" as he's a player that wouldn't have to take a 30 second break for receiving treatment.
He has had a knock for a few weeks. He had waved to the bench but if it was just some Oscar winning shit, then fair fucks and the rest of my comments stand anyway.

We had a corner though...

Not that we came remotely close to scoring off one all afternoon.

What do you mean?

GON pulled every player over for a chat whilst Sa was getting "treatment".

Yeah, because he could.

I doubt we delayed our own set piece by getting our keeper to fake an injury, though he does love a bit of am-dram. Would make an excellent victim in Midsomer Murders.

Nah, Bentley was warming up for ages before then.

GON immediately called everyone over, and then Sa was miraculously absolutely fine, he'd not made a kick or a save at that point either and we'd started terribly.

Makes sense to get the only player who can't be forced to spend 30 seconds off the pitch to go down so you can have a quick chat with the lads. Pretty obvious tactic really.

Anyway, not that it had a huge effect either way!

What do you mean?

GON pulled every player over for a chat whilst Sa was getting "treatment".
We took it short and then hit the first man, if that was coached then it needs work. I'd imagine the chat was more general than what specifically to do at that set piece

At least we didn't lose through lack of effort like we have through these situations in the past.

They did give everything today, and were out on their feet at the end.
That happens when you’re chasing shadows. In possession we were predictable, out of possession we didn’t have a clue.

Being charitable, we were short of numbers, the spine of our team was weakened due to a combination of missing players and players going missing. Lemina, as bad as I have seen him play. He looked laboured and probably should have been replaced instead of Doyle…who was playing too deep too often. Santi and Max were bullied. Sarabia worked hard without achieving much. Fraser was way off, interesting that Chiwome came on and was everything Fraser wasn’t.

Dawson, Neto, Cunha and Hwang have been so important to us this season and it is a mitigating factor but ultimately we should still have been good enough…3-2 flattered us.

If this season peters out, all the good work to now will be forgotten.

That happens when you’re chasing shadows. In possession we were predictable, out of possession we didn’t have a clue.

Being charitable, we were short of numbers, the spine of our team was weakened due to a combination of missing players and players going missing. Lemina, as bad as I have seen him play. He looked laboured and probably should have been replaced instead of Doyle…who was playing too deep too often. Santi and Max were bullied. Sarabia worked hard without achieving much. Fraser was way off, interesting that Chiwome came on and was everything Fraser wasn’t.

Dawson, Neto, Cunha and Hwang have been so important to us this season and it is a mitigating factor but ultimately we should still have been good enough…3-2 flattered us.

If this season peters out, all the good work to now will be forgotten.
Bang on.

Again, this is on the club, letting two strikers go out. Cov lost their main striker in the summer and yet someone like Elliot Simms would have been ideal for us today as a back up striker. In my many years of watching Wolves I have never known such ineptness at a strategic level, to leave us so short up front. It was bound to catch up with us at some point.

Oh we've done it before. Dicko out for the season, sold Afobe, Le Fondre unfit for purpose as we didn't create enough for that kind of player, signed Joe Mason to play nowhere and so ended up thumping the ball for two months to a half fit Björn Sigurdarson who the manager had written off two years ago. Scored 0 goals.

Doesn't make it any better but it's far from a unique position.

I thought Simms was average, which is a hilarious statement to make given he scored two goals but I guess that says more about how bad we were.

The fact people still try and defend that we couldn’t/didnt sign a forward is baffling. I’m sure there is another “Ellis Simms” out there in the entirety of world football who would have come on loan or loan with obligation. Or at least someone between youth player at L1 level and PL reserve

I'm told he was offside anyway but Simms' miss in the first half is as bad as it gets. Which side of the goal do you think you should aim at, mate?
It should have been but VAR so you never know

Lad that would have had the assist was offside when the shot tha Sa saved was hit.

Back