• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup

He didn't have time to come and claim the cross. Doherty headed it away when he should have been leaving it IMO. Not sure a call would have made any difference in time.

People saying they want Burgoyne (sp?) to start versus Chelsea? I liked the story of him but he literally had nothing to do and personally I was disappointed with him for the goal. Ikeme may not be the most athletic of keepers but his physicality is one of his strengths anytime I've seen him live and he takes that decision to head away from Doherty, who I personally felt like hesitated as was potentially expected a call. I want Ikeme back in net for this.

The goal was Doherty's fault.

Ikeme will play anyway.

Missed the live draw due to work commitments, but got home and saw who we got! A sure fire test for our team, doable? Absolutely after this past weekends result....So very VERY tempted to come "home" for the weekend! :)

Oh well, this cup run was nice whilst it lasted I guess...

As a young lad in 1975, after seeing us beat Chelsea 7-1, I remember my old man telling me that when he saw Wolves play them in the 50's, we beat them 8-1 ! The 50's side always had to go one better didn't they ! Years later my kids wouldn't believe that we beat them 7-1 and I had to show them the result in the Wolves Encyclopedia.

And Blackburn vs Manchester United is on the BBC :spaz:

It's on BT. BBC have Sutton vs Arsenal and Fulham vs Spurs.

But still rubbish that they've been picked again despite having a draw that's of little interest to any neutrals.

It's on BT. BBC have Sutton vs Arsenal and Fulham vs Spurs.

But still rubbish that they've been picked again despite having a draw that's of little interest to any neutrals.

Ah yes...Channel after the tie, I read it wrong

Sat 18th
12.30 - Burnley v Lincoln - BBC
5.30 - Wolves v Chelsea - BT

Sun 19th
2pm - Fulham v Spurs - BBC
4.15 - Blackburn v Man Utd - BT

Mon 20th
8pm - Sutton v Arsenal - BBC

As a young lad in 1975, after seeing us beat Chelsea 7-1, I remember my old man telling me that when he saw Wolves play them in the 50's, we beat them 8-1 ! The 50's side always had to go one better didn't they ! Years later my kids wouldn't believe that we beat them 7-1 and I had to show them the result in the Wolves Encyclopedia.

yep, a repeat of '53 or '75 would be nice, but unlikely. we also beat them in the '57-'58 youth cup final. trailing 5-1 from the first leg with greaves nabbing 4, ted famer went one extra with 5 in a 6-1 win. those were the days.

Live on BT Sport! Hope they clean the lenses on the cameras and zoom in a little this time!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Can they ask Gerrard along to be a pundit again please.

Have to think carefully as to whether I can do this as well as the B'ham game on the Friday after as already booked the latter (& as an evening game am staying over & took it on a non refundable deal as cheaper!)

Also note that Season Ticket owners have until midnight on the 10th to claim their seat so those won't be released (if not taken up) until just as they go on general sale (limited benefit for my Membership then)

Have to think carefully as to whether I can do this as well as the B'ham game on the Friday after as already booked the latter (& as an evening game am staying over & took it on a non refundable deal as cheaper!)

Also note that Season Ticket owners have until midnight on the 10th to claim their seat so those won't be released (if not taken up) until just as they go on general sale (limited benefit for my Membership then)
No need if you are happy with same thing. I'm ok till end of Feb if that makes sense.

No need if you are happy with same thing. I'm ok till end of Feb if that makes sense.

Thank you for that (& yes it makes sense)

Will be the vicarious pleasure of being there versus the cost issue (& a calculation of when the various pension payments come in & what else needs to go out to live)

Wanted to take my dad to this as a birthday present (it's his 70th on the 26th), but for a host of reasons we've not managed to get up much this season (personally our first born arrived in July, so my weekends are now spent changing nappies and such) - so I will probably have to wait until they go on general sale and I don't fancy our chances much from there.

Could be BT Sport again, unfortunately.

Wanted to take my dad to this as a birthday present (it's his 70th on the 26th), but for a host of reasons we've not managed to get up much this season (personally our first born arrived in July, so my weekends are now spent changing nappies and such) - so I will probably have to wait until they go on general sale and I don't fancy our chances much from there.

Could be BT Sport again, unfortunately.

On top of 13,500 ST,how many members can there possibly be?...4 or 5 thousand?
I (daftly) didnt bother with a membership this season but have been to nearly all the home games and hope they sell tickets on
the basis of having purchased before to stop any local Chelsea fans nabbing some.

Back