• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup

yep, a repeat of '53 or '75 would be nice, but unlikely. we also beat them in the '57-'58 youth cup final. trailing 5-1 from the first leg with greaves nabbing 4, ted famer went one extra with 5 in a 6-1 win. those were the days.

In one of the many Wolves books, can't remember which one, the story goes that after that second leg of the Youth Cup Final, watched by nearly 20,000 fans ! after scoring five goals, Ted Farmer took the bus home and the Conductor told him that after what he had achieved that night, he would never pay on the bus again if he was the Conductor.

This time round, I will settle for 1-0 to Wolves, with a 94th minute winner, either as another Chelsea own goal like six years ago, or one off Dicko's backside !

In one of the many Wolves books, can't remember which one, the story goes that after that second leg of the Youth Cup Final, watched by nearly 20,000 fans ! after scoring five goals, Ted Farmer took the bus home and the Conductor told him that after what he had achieved that night, he would never pay on the bus again if he was the Conductor.

This time round, I will settle for 1-0 to Wolves, with a 94th minute winner, either as another Chelsea own goal like six years ago, or one off Dicko's backside !

Great story.

Can buy a ticket tomorrow morning, but really don't think that I going to be able to make it there.

The move to a later kickoff for TV buggers things up - 3pm is the best, even an early kickoff is fine as don't have a problem leaving here so early that dawn is way in the distance, but the later times give limited or no time to be able to get home again seeing as routes into the West Country seem to stop before those into major cities, whatever they are (doesn't matter whether I travel cross country or via London - though the latter would give me all of the Chelsea fans on the way back which would be 'something').

Could stay over, but unsurprisingly there is little (or nothing) in the way of hotel discounts unless you want to stay somewhere that no one respectable would be prepared to do.

Still we have beaten 2 Premiership teams without me being there, so I should probably not turn up to ensure a 3rd. Then an easier 6th round tie so that I can come to Wembley for (at least) a semi final & hopefully better

i think it's probably ted farmer's Heartbreak game. great read but sad given the circumstances. farmer and knowles could have been a pretty awesome forward line for many years.

@OfficialWolves

1f3ab.png
Tickets for Chelsea game available to members and supporters with 100 Loyalty Points or more from 9am tomorrow.

-------------
Think this tweet is incorrect, its just members and S/T holders from today.
I couldnt get one and ive got 120 points but decided to not buy a membership this season....doh!

Have bitten the bullet & booked this now (despite the fact that I am back up for the B'ham game on the Friday after as well - just hope the finances hold up this month, good job that its one of the 2 I don't have to pay council tax!)

SB virtually sold out so NB lower this time - staying over on both visits if anyone is around

Big queue outside the ticket office today when I went by.

Can't believe in this day and age people don't use the online facility to buy, or know somebody who can buy for them! The Print at home option is free and you swerve the booking fee. To go and queue early in a morning is bordering on insane! I hope the ticket office only had one person working just to piss off the queuers even more!!

I used to love the days in the 90s when we queued for tickets, Villa in the Littlewoods Cup, Chelsea 5th round at Stamford Bridge springs to mind. Mass football game on the North Bank car park, which then transferred to breaking onto the pitch and playing on the hallowed turf.. Those days are long gone but great memories..

I used to enjoy queuing for tickets if it was a big game but I couldn't be arsed with it these days.

I'm sure we all had to wait in the North bank for tickets for one of the play off games (can't remember if it was Norwich or Reading away) and Moxey came out to say hi to the fans. He got a load of abuse which was quite entertaining.

Remember Sir Jack visiting the queue a couple of times I've queued overnight in the North Bank.

Logged on to the ticket site this morning at 8.50am, as I'm hoping to get tickets for the Chelsea game for me & the old man. Joined a "queue management" page. Then at 9am it sticks me in at 1419 in the queue with a 55 minute wait. Tried the ticket office phone line and it isn't even going through to a queue.

Could be a long, unsuccessful morning.

Logged on to the ticket site this morning at 8.50am, as I'm hoping to get tickets for the Chelsea game for me & the old man. Joined a "queue management" page. Then at 9am it sticks me in at 1419 in the queue with a 55 minute wait. Tried the ticket office phone line and it isn't even going through to a queue.

Could be a long, unsuccessful morning.
You'll get tickets as long as they don't switch of the system and prioritise those at the ground. I went into a 1200 queue last Saturday and was through in about 35 mins, it's actually quite well structured and counts you down along the way.

Got tickets, hotel booked and ready to go!

You'll get tickets as long as they don't switch of the system and prioritise those at the ground. I went into a 1200 queue last Saturday and was through in about 35 mins, it's actually quite well structured and counts you down along the way.

I must admit it seems to be going down quite quickly. Down to 7 minutes now.

Those online queue systems are fairly standard now for popular gigs and plays and the like with high demand. It can be frustrating sitting, waiting for the number to go down, but I prefer thinking "I'm 2500th in line for a 5000-capacity venue so should be OK" than the old days of hitting refresh over and over in the hopes of sneaking in before a site crashes completely. I think it was Glastonbury who pioneered it, getting tickets for that is so much less stressful than it used to be.

Those online queue systems are fairly standard now for popular gigs and plays and the like with high demand. It can be frustrating sitting, waiting for the number to go down, but I prefer thinking "I'm 2500th in line for a 5000-capacity venue so should be OK" than the old days of hitting refresh over and over in the hopes of sneaking in before a site crashes completely. I think it was Glastonbury who pioneered it, getting tickets for that is so much less stressful than it used to be.
Completely agree. It was fairly painless in the end - I just went away got a coffee and some breakfast and by the time I had finished that it was under 10 minutes left. Sorted now and will be there next week. Looking forward to it!

I think it was Glastonbury who pioneered it, getting tickets for that is so much less stressful than it used to be.
Glastonbury is still pretty much a F5 refresh page lottery and I wouldn't say less stressful at all.

Kate Bush tickets was the biggest stress ever. Panicking, refreshing, desperately upgrading to hospitality as the queue mad it clear I had no chance of getting regular tickets, getting on the site, spending hundreds, waiting for the confirmation, success, sweet success, phone call, billions and billions of brownie points banked. Worth every sweaty-browed second.

Back