• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Forest 1 - Wolves 1 the I can't be bothered to think of a joke title verdict thread

Whats soul destroying is you can't see what he's building for next season. It just doesn't seem to work whatever the masterplan happens to be. Is there any light?

What's equally soul destroying is that after the pre-season games a few people on the forum said "what's this stupid lopsided system Jackett is playing?" They pointed out that it didn't work pre-season and wouldn't work in 2015/2016. I'm sure someone brighter than me could find the comments. And now 45 games later Jackett is still going with the same system, with a slow right winger playing #10, a natural #10 on the right wing and a central midfielder playing wide left. And yesterday he brings on a CH at LB and completely ignores the chance to give our younger players game time. Total, total incompetence

I expect that KJ will still be in charge come August, so let's hope he has learned the lessons of this season. Wolves may not have the greatest group of players ever, but I think they are better than the league table suggests. But while people are being shoe horned in and played out of position, then I expect more of the same.

I expect that KJ will still be in charge come August, so let's hope he has learned the lessons of this season. Wolves may not have the greatest group of players ever, but I think they are better than the league table suggests. But while people are being shoe horned in and played out of position, then I expect more of the same.

Sorry Frank but once a manager has reached KJ's age they don't learn any lessons. Like Mick towards the end, they just repeat the same things over and over and expect new results.

What's equally soul destroying is that after the pre-season games a few people on the forum said "what's this stupid lopsided system Jackett is playing?" They pointed out that it didn't work pre-season and wouldn't work in 2015/2016. I'm sure someone brighter than me could find the comments. And now 45 games later Jackett is still going with the same system, with a slow right winger playing #10, a natural #10 on the right wing and a central midfielder playing wide left. And yesterday he brings on a CH at LB and completely ignores the chance to give our younger players game time. Total, total incompetence

We can't let apathy rule our thinking because when we do we start accepting incompetence.

Sorry Frank but once a manager has reached KJ's age they don't learn any lessons. Like Mick towards the end, they just repeat the same things over and over and expect new results.

In that case he needs replacing. But I cannot see that happening any time soon.

One of the dullest seasons I can remember as a Wolves fan. This season has been dead for ages and could have at least been an opportunity to try some of the kids out. If some of them had looked decent it might have at least generated some optimism for next season but no, we get the same tired old shit week after week. Why?

Today i will e mail Moxey at the club and suggest he read this forum. We seem to speak more sense on here than Jackett has spoken all season.
Well done lads, great debate, especially with a totally boring topic, but this, and Jacket has to end.

I've just managed to sit through Jackett's interview after the match and the main things that stand out are that when Rego refers to Deslandes KJ corrects him by calling him 'Dez-landez' and also implies that the young players he is putting on the bench are not good enough to play in the first team but may be in the future and raves about Henry whilst struggling to give Mason much credit

One of the dullest seasons I can remember as a Wolves fan. This season has been dead for ages and could have at least been an opportunity to try some of the kids out. If some of them had looked decent it might have at least generated some optimism for next season but no, we get the same tired old shit week after week. Why?

Been thinking about this myself and cant fathom it, the only straw I can grasp is that he is gone at the end of the season and has no need/interest in developing a long term plan. I wonder if there is something in his contract regarding a bonus concerning points achieved (pure speculation mind), as since the turn of the year there has only been an interest in grinding out points with no sense of player development or strategy beyond May.

You're probably a lot closer to the truth than you think mate !

Bloody wall didn't jump. 2nd time we've conceded a goal because of that this season.

Great finish by Mason. Hope to see him behind Dicko next year. Difficult to comment on the free kick culpability too much from that camera angle, but it happens time after time. No surprise to see Hause roasted at left back on the one attack shown on the highlights as he isn't one. Deslandes goes off there is only one person that wouldn't move Doherty to lb, Iorfa to rb and Hause to centre half....and he manages us

As soon as the free kick was awarded I said that Ikeme would just stand, flat footed and we'd concede.
I know it wouldn't take Mystic Meg to call that but it's was just so obvious from where I was stood. Ikeme really is shot when facing a free kick

He did the same on the shot that was deflected over the bar, whenever a shot changes trajectory he has concrete boots

Wall's fault for me. The ball barely gets above head height.

Back