• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Barnsley 1 - 3 Wolves: "And we didn't have to pay 15m for this one!" Verdict Thread

That's a good result but one i expected with how Lambert has got us playing. Best thing i've heard though is that Hause was immense and Lambert has said that's his best game in a Wolves shirt. Finally we look like we might get the best out of the one centre back we have that is capable of playing at the highest level for years to come.

Just arrived back at my luxury hotel. Reasonable game good performances from Ronan, Edwards, Bright, Burgoyne Hause and Bod. Have to be honest I thought Price was poor tonight sloppy in possession could lose spot to Saville based on tonight. Mason not a winger looked lost and didn't do enough to push for a start in that position.

Bizarre moment towards the end with their keeper running well outside his area with the ball in his hands... Not spotted by anyone.

MOTM either Edwards or Ronan for me that boy is going to be a player although I want to see him centrally at some point.

Nice to meet Aiki and the boys!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Just arrived back at my luxury hotel. Reasonable game good performances from Ronan, Edwards, Bright, Burgoyne Hause and Bod. Have to be honest I thought Price was poor tonight sloppy in possession could lose spot to Saville based on tonight. Mason not a winger looked lost and didn't do enough to push for a start in that position.

Bizarre moment towards the end with their keeper running well outside his area with the ball in his hands... Not spotted by anyone.

MOTM either Edwards or Ronan for me that boy is going to be a player although I want to see him centrally at some point.

Nice to meet Aiki and the boys!

Yes good to meet you too, drop me a line when your next at a game and we can meet up.

Ronan looks like a superb player, such a good touch.

Yes good to meet you too, drop me a line when your next at a game and we can meet up.

Ronan looks like a superb player, such a good touch.
Will do looking at Ipswich potentially if I can get some work over there.

The penalty reversal is a shocking decision :icon_lol:

Awful challenge for the red card and some great deliveries from Ronan for the first 2 goals.

Brilliant result and after such a disappointing first half of the season things look to be clicking into place - certainly bodes well for the future.

Was ambivalent re Lambert when appointed, but he is showing that he can set up teams (though its up to them to believe in him and perform) to get results.

Have more faith that the rest on the season will be better than the first 16 (17?) matches were - enough to get into the playoffs?

Depends how many we win & how many other teams fuck up

Christ that looked a nailed on pen to me!!

Have more faith that the rest on the season will be better than the first 16 (17?) matches were - enough to get into the playoffs?

Given the quality of Derby/Wednesday who are hovering around that final spot at the moment, I think we're going to need at least 76 points to have a shout. 41 points from 18 games...it's going to be beyond us I feel.

Play offs almost impossible, not totally impossible.
41 points from 18 games would get us to 76 points. That's W12D5L1. Lovely idea, but isn't going to happen. If we'd appointed Lambert in August then we may be having a different conversation, but I for one would have moaned about that.
EDIT, DW pretty much said the same earlier on the thread.

I like Lambert's squad rotation policy. He seems to have a core of 18 players and he tries to keep them playing regularly, which is important for harmony as well as performance.

Just wondering to myself who would have taken the penalty had it been given? Bod or Mason I'm assuming.

Edwards grabbed the ball I think it said on Twitter. Could have had four tonight!

Pretty sure the header's going in on the first goal but Kortney decided to do a Nugent/Defoe.

Edwards grabbed the ball I think it said on Twitter. Could have had four tonight!

Pretty sure the header's going in on the first goal but Kortney decided to do a Nugent/Defoe.

Yes & yes.

Edwards was lined up to take it

A few gems tonight on a Barnsley forum. Most are resigned to the fact that they have lost players and we were clinical. But a couple think the ref and linesman were rubbish and biased against them tonight. Plus one bloke says that he thought they were the better side, even when they went down to 10 men, we offered very little, and that their change from the usual formation made "surrendered the initiative to a very poor Wolves team".

A few gems tonight on a Barnsley forum. Most are resigned to the fact that they have lost players and we were clinical. But a couple think the ref and linesman were rubbish and biased against them tonight. Plus one bloke says that he thought they were the better side, even when they went down to 10 men, we offered very little, and that their change from the usual formation made "surrendered the initiative to a very poor Wolves team".

There's one on Quirk's forum raging about the red card. Totally bizarre.

Things are on the up. Before Brentford and Cardiff scored tonight we were upto 14th.

I fancy Barnsley to nosedive a bit now having lost Winnall and in particular Hourihane and Blues have picked up 3 in 30 under Zola and are falling down the league at a delightful rate.

If we maintain form we could realistically finish 8th but play offs for me would mean Champions form and two of 3rd-7th capitulating.

According the the BBC, this is the first time we've had back to back wins in all competitions since January 2016.

I think they are right on aways wins being back to back but otherwise DW has it right

If we maintain form we could realistically finish 8th but play offs for me would mean Champions form and two of 3rd-7th capitulating

13 wins and we could do it but its really really remote and in fairness we are probably a little way off that yet IMHO.

We can afford to lose the odd game, but if at any point we go loss followed by draw, it's all over.

Minimum 4 points required from every 2 games.

Back